One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Now here’s some questions that haven’t been answered yet. When is the next 1SC, and who is the next host?
1SC historically runs parallel with the major comps. So there may be one this fall alongside The Imaginarium (a new game to also be hosted by @tcool123 btw), and if not, probably in the winter alongside One Little Spark 3 (hosted by @Pi on my Cake and myself).

tcool123

Original Poster
Now here’s some questions that haven’t been answered yet. When is the next 1SC, and who is the next host?
Not some time from now there’s still three more competitions that have yet to start in 2021 with It Can Always Be Worse starting within a few days, The Imaginarium starting at the end of August, The World Cup from @spacemt354 to debut later on this year.

In 2022 One Little Spark Season 3 by @Pi on my Cake and @Tegan pilots a chicken starts in the beginning of the year and in June Imagineering Race starts by @mickeyfan5534 .

This is on top of a slew of other upcomming forum activities such as Shark Tank, Jeopardy, Whose Park is it Anyways, and much much more.

If there is an update with One Sentence definitely pay attention to the 20th Anniversary Information Thread 😁

1SC historically runs parallel with the major comps. So there may be one this fall alongside The Imaginarium (a new game to also be hosted by @tcool123 btw), and if not, probably in the winter alongside One Little Spark 3 (hosted by @Pi on my Cake and myself).
Essentially this ^

Typically One Sentence also starts midway through a major competition, and given the mass crowding still left in 2021 I think Winter 2022 is a good bet 🙂

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
If there is an update with One Sentence definitely pay attention to the 20th Anniversary Information Thread 😁

Speaking of which!!!

That sure is a nice logo 😉😉

tcool123

Original Poster

Speaking of which!!!

Whoever created that logo sure has talent 😉

But yea reflecting back on that looks like there is also another edition of The Proposals coming up soon too! While there may mot be a One Sentence Competition anytime soon there is still plenty of activity on the horizon 😁

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Whoever created that logo sure has talent 😉

But yea reflecting back on that looks like there is also another edition of The Proposals coming up soon too! While there may mot be a One Sentence Competition anytime soon there is still plenty of activity on the horizon 😁
The dude keeping track of the event calendar sure is a talented guy as well!! ☺️

I did notice that the OLS3 section needs some details,….

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

Speaking of which!!!

Ya know, I was actually looking at that the other day and saying “that art style sure looks familiar.” 🤣

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I for one would have loved a Filipino pavilion, after all The Philippines and Cuba (I'm Cuban for those unaware 😅 ) are kinda like colonial cousins!
I believe I still owe tcool a Philippines pavilion in opening day EPCOT, right? Stand by...
And here we are, 3 months later, with my very late submission. Whoops. 😅 Also, I really pushed the one-sentence rule here and the copywriting side of my brain is begging to trim it down but I couldn't because I would've lost what I want to include.

Just to contextualize things, when EPCOT Center was being planned in the 1970s, the Marcos dictatorship was in full swing and the Philippines was under Martial Law. My backstory for the pavilion is that instead of Imelda Marcos, the First Lady at the time, telling the Imagineers that she'd rather spend the needed pavilion sponsorship money "to build sanitation facilities and schools and such for my people" (when in reality it would've lined Marcos family's pockets more for their luxurious personal spending of government money), the Philippine government used this opportunity to pull a Ba Sing Se and show the world that absolutely nothing is wrong in the Philippines. 👀

THE PHILIPPINES PAVILION
Sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Government) and Philippine Airlines (Private Company)

2563.jpg

Mabuhay at maligayang pagdating ("Welcome" in Tagalog) to the Philippines, the Pearl of the Orient, a country renowned for its innate warmth and hospitality, vibrant and diverse cultures, and living traditions. Nestled between the Japan and forthcoming Morocco pavilions, the pavilion aims to showcase and celebrate this land of contrasts and the multifaceted Filipino spirit that emanates from within the islands themselves: a fusion of tradition and innovation, East and West, and everything in between.

On the banks of the World Showcase Lagoon is the first section of the pavilion: Barangay, an ahistorical exploration area themed to a pre-colonial beachside settlement that includes various fully-furnished nipa huts (bahay kubo) that guests could rest and eat in, scattered traded objects including pots and other earthenware, gold and porcelain wares from the Chinese traders, and items of historical significance (wooden anitos or idols, locally-made metal weaponry, etc.), and several berthed boats called balangay, a type of lashed-lug boats used in trading, transportation, and warfare, which also serves as the symbol of the pavilion.

Across the pathway is the second section of the pavilion: Calle Escolta (Escolta Street), the heartbeat of the pavilion, an architectural representation of Philippine colonial history that spans nearly four centuries where grand Spanish colonial houses (bahay na bato) and towering Art Deco and Beaux-Art style buildings that dot the stone-paved streets of the Spanish colonial period and the concrete roads of the American colonial period are found that enterprising modern-day Filipinos have reclaimed for their local businesses, including a mini-museum walkthrough of a faithful replica of a Spanish colonial house Casa Hidalgo, the quick-service restaurant Café Ilustrado that serves Spanish-Filipino fusion finger foods, the pavilion's main marketplace Crystal Arcade where Filipino cast members sell handcrafted Philippine souvenirs and goods for guests to purchase, and the pavilion's table-service restaurant Lasa ("Taste" in Filipino), where guests can partake in a literal feast for the senses as they get their first taste of Philippine cuisine.

Contrasting the hustle and bustle of Calle Escolta is the pavilion's third section, located at its back part and a bridge away: Extramuros ("Outside the walls" in Spanish), where there are forests, rivers, and various flora aplenty that guests can marvel at in this natural, idyllic world that lives and thrives outside the metropolis, including replicas of the soaring steps of Rice Terraces of the Cordilleras in the Luzon island and the nearby small farming tribal community that works on it, the rolling mounds of Chocolate Hills of Bohol in the Visayas island (the landscaping of which will be changed in accordance to the dry and wet seasons in Orlando, as the grass on the actual hills themselves change colors according to the season: brown during the former, and green during the latter), and the imposing peaks of Mount Apo of Davao in the Mindanao island, where the pavilion's headlining attraction, Pilipinas Kay Ganda ("Philippines the Beautiful" in Filipino), a Circle-Vision 360 travelogue of the Philippine islands seen through the eyes of the dormant volcano's resident ancestral spirit and supreme god, Apo Sandawa, and his shamans, is located inside a nearby cave network that tunnels into the volcano itself.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom