One Sentence Contest

PUSH

I would make the same land, but without Luigis. This would eliminate the problems with the ride, and leave money for other much needed WDW projects.

Bonus: I would add a scene from Gladiator. A scene from the arena would be amazing.

rct247

The east coast Carsland would look much the same with the same layout, but would feature a Luigi's replacement, a new splash pad themed to Red, reworked Cozy Cone area, and a redone new Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. The replacement for Luigi's would be some sort of family flat ride like a "Breakdance", "Teacups", or "Spider" that would be themed still to Luigi's tire business and would be sheltered from the Florida elements similar to how the Mad Tea Party is at the Magic Kingdom.

Bonus: I think that a scene from Inception would be imaginative where our vehicles would be driving through the flipped Paris street scene. It's quite memorable and imaginative.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There should be more indoor scenes in Florida because of the seemingly daily rain and the other minor attractions should be themed after scenes from the movies not used in the California version.

Bonus: UP! I'd love to see the house being held aloft by several thousand balloons!

Turtle

Original Poster
There should be more indoor scenes in Florida because of the seemingly daily rain and the other minor attractions should be themed after scenes from the movies not used in the California version.

Bonus: UP! I'd love to see the house being held aloft by several thousand balloons!
The indoor aspect is severely needed for an east Cars Land. Up is a fitting match as the first CG film nominated for best picture and it would be the easiest to fit since Disney owns Pixar

The east coast Carsland would look much the same with the same layout, but would feature a Luigi's replacement, a new splash pad themed to Red, reworked Cozy Cone area, and a redone new Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. The replacement for Luigi's would be some sort of family flat ride like a "Breakdance", "Teacups", or "Spider" that would be themed still to Luigi's tire business and would be sheltered from the Florida elements similar to how the Mad Tea Party is at the Magic Kingdom.

Bonus: I think that a scene from Inception would be imaginative where our vehicles would be driving through the flipped Paris street scene. It's quite memorable and imaginative.
Fantastic concepts with the splash pad and Dine-In theater, exactly what it needs some nice cool and refreshing places to go. It'd be tough to get Inception rights due to Warner's partnership with Uni now.

I would make the same land, but without Luigis. This would eliminate the problems with the ride, and leave money for other much needed WDW projects.

Bonus: I would add a scene from Gladiator. A scene from the arena would be amazing.
Ehhh, Luigi's without a replacement can be bad.

All I would do is take out Luigis and add a Ramones attraction like the paint thing in Tokyo (someone else had that idea, so ill give credit to whoever did it).

Bonus: I would add Lord of the Rings because it is be of the most successful trilogies of movies ever, and are some of the best movies of this century.
The paint shop idea was mine and it could be a good original and unique attraction. Folkies family insists on no Middle Earth in theme park.

SCORES:
3 - rct247
2 - Matt7187
1 - Unkadug

Bonus Point - Unkadug

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 14: One classic Epcot attraction comes back with modern technology (Classic Imagination, Irons' Spaceship Earth, Rio Del Tiempo, Horizons are the options). Which should be revived and why is it needed for the park?

Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, August 1

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 14:

1. Englanddg (16 points)
2. Unkadug (15 points)
3. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
4. Rct247 (13 points)
5. Matt7187 (11 points)
6. PUSH (10 points)

PUSH

I choose Horizons because it's something that fans have been asking for for a long time. And it would add another attractions to Epcot's Future World, whereas the other options would just redo an existing attraction.

Matt7187

I would bring back the classic imagination. The ride truly symbolizes imagination, would be very hard to top with a new ride, and people are very nostalgic of it so parents would enjoy it with their kids.

rct247

Horizons would be the best choice because it truly was an all encompassing attraction that touched all all the points of Epcot, had a super high capacity, plus it included break-through technology at the time. Imagine if Horizons was redone today with state of the art projections, updated content, an rerecorded score, fluid animations, additional ride system updates, and perhaps elements that would satisfy thrill seekers, interactive fantatics, and Epcot fanboys; it would sure to be a winner.

insanepizzaguy

I would say Rio Del Tiempo should return because the World Showcase could really use something new and Mexico is one of the few pavilions to have a dark ride, so why not make that ride as great as possible. A re-opening of the Rio Del Tiempo could make more people tour the World Showcase and taking out the Three Caballeros would make more people actually want to ride this.

unkadug

I would brink back HORIZONS as it was quintessential Disney, just don't try to disguise it as edutainment this time (call it roller-cation!) New technology could be used for the IMAX screens, AA's and the choose your ending sequences using KUKA arm technology (never mind the legalities of the name as there are other variations that are usable.)

Turtle

Original Poster
I choose Horizons because it's something that fans have been asking for for a long time. And it would add another attractions to Epcot's Future World, whereas the other options would just redo an existing attraction.
The most simple and clear way to end the debate as to why Horizons should come back.

SCORES:
3 points - PUSH
2 points - Unkadug
1 points - Matt7187
0 points - Englanddg
0 points - Insanepizzaguy
0 points - Rct247

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 15 - How would you bring a Marvel presence to the resort yet obliging to the contract and keeping them out of the parks?
Only 5 challenges left! Submissions end on Friday, August 2nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

RANKINGS:
1. Unkadug (17 points)
2. Englanddg (16 points)
3. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
4. Rct247 (13 points)
4. PUSH (13 points)
6. Matt7187 (12 points)

unkadug

Fridays are difficult for me so I don't have much time to give this any thought but here goes:

Build a walk-through (darkridish) museum at DTD featuring most of the more popular Marvel characters and some of the more esoteric characters that are NOT currently represented at other parks.

Matt7187

I would add a value resort like AoA and theme it to the different characters, like one section would be stark tower.

Last edited:

PUSH

I'd put a Marvel themed restaurant in DTD. There would be different sections dedicated to different characters, such as Iron Man, Spiderman, Captain America, etc.

Last edited:

rct247

I would definitely have a Marvel superstore at Downtown Disney & an interactive game/experience at Disney Quest, but I would also see if I could bring it to the resorts more with themed kids meals or special merchandise. Specifically, Marvel characters can also be tied into Pop Century Resort as they are pop culture icons.

Last edited:

insanepizzaguy

I would add a hotel themed to the Stark Tower, the building's facade would have the words STARK lit up on them just like in the movies. The hotel's first floor would contain a huge, Downtown Disney style store along with an elaborate museum on Marvel heroes and villains.

Turtle

Original Poster
Fridays are difficult for me so I don't have much time to give this any thought but here goes:

Build a walk-through (darkridish) museum at DTD featuring most of the more popular Marvel characters and some of the more esoteric characters that are NOT currently represented at other parks.
I like it. Something new and unique for a theme park resort. Kinda like an out-of-park attraction.

I would add a value resort like AoA and theme it to the different characters, like one section would be stark tower.
Marvel hotel, cool! Marvel Value Hotel, not so cool.

I'd put a Marvel themed restaurant in DTD. There would be different sections dedicated to different characters, such as Iron Man, Spiderman, Captain America, etc.
Great idea without chucking Marvel into guest's throats.

I would definitely have a Marvel superstore at Downtown Disney & an interactive game/experience at Disney Quest, but I would also see if I could bring it to the resorts more with themed kids meals or special merchandise. Specifically, Marvel characters can also be tied into Pop Century Resort as they are pop culture icons.
I like this a lot. Well part of this. The Super store and DisneyQuest is great, but then the kids meals and Pop Century just milks it.
I would add a hotel themed to the Stark Tower, the building's facade would have the words STARK lit up on them just like in the movies. The hotel's first floor would contain a huge, Downtown Disney style store along with an elaborate museum on Marvel heroes and villains.
A hotel is cool, but to have it themed entirely themed to Stark would be kinda feel like they're holding back from the other properties.

RANKINGS:
3 points - PUSH
2 points - Rct247
1 points - Unkadug
0 points - Matt7187
0 points - Englanddg
0 points - Insanepizzaguy

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 16: What should be the theme for a new water park or boutique park?Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, August 4.

RANKINGS
1. Unkadug (18 points)
2. Englanddg (16 points)
2. PUSH (16 points)
3. Rct247 (15 points)
4. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
6. Matt7187 (12 points)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom