One Sentence Contest

Matt7187

CHALLENGE 19: What new ride should go to World Showcase?

Submissions end on August 9, at 11:59 PM EST.

Happy d23 everyone!
RANKINGS
1. PUSH (23 points)
2. Unkadug (22 points)

3. Rct247 (20 points)

4. Englanddg (16 points)
6. Matt7187 (14 points)
6. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
I would add a Rhine River Cruise to Germany since there is already space for it, an idea for it, and wouldn't break the bank, which we know Disney loves.

PS, I am actually at Disneyland and going to the expo tomorrow.

Turtle

Original Poster
I would add a Rhine River Cruise to Germany since there is already space for it, an idea for it, and wouldn't break the bank, which we know Disney loves.

PS, I am actually at Disneyland and going to the expo tomorrow.
Congrats!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The Japan rollercoaster would be a crowd puller and thematically fitting and something the park needs to attract the younger crowd. The Fuji name shouldn't be a problem anymore since Kodak is basically in bankruptcy.

insanepizzaguy

I would add in a flume ride to the Canada section of the park, it would start by going through a quiet forest and then going into a cold and cavernous cave, the ride's finale would be seeing being stalked by a pack of wolves until they surround you, at that point you would drop out of the cave and back to civilization. It would be focused on the beauty of nature and the excitement of adventure.

rct247

I would add a whemsical family dark ride through great works in British literature in the UK pavilion. While it will take some nods from The Great Movie ride, this ride would be more fantasy than tour and feature scenes from Shakespere, Dickins and Mary Poppins.

Turtle

Original Poster
I would add a Mt. Fuji coaster to Japan. People have been wanting it for a while now, and why not give the customers what they want?
I'm not sure how a rollercoaster in Epcot would work, especially one so similar to Everest.

The Japan rollercoaster would be a crowd puller and thematically fitting and something the park needs to attract the younger crowd. The Fuji name shouldn't be a problem anymore since Kodak is basically in bankruptcy.
Same thing as I said to PUSH

Another nice ride for Epcot that brings back some edutainment as opposed to ill-themed toons.

I would add in a flume ride to the Canada section of the park, it would start by going through a quiet forest and then going into a cold and cavernous cave, the ride's finale would be seeing being stalked by a pack of wolves until they surround you, at that point you would drop out of the cave and back to civilization. It would be focused on the beauty of nature and the excitement of adventure.
Great idea. Edutainment and adventure. Brings in the thrill geeks and the Epcot lovers.

I would add a whemsical family dark ride through great works in British literature in the UK pavilion. While it will take some nods from The Great Movie ride, this ride would be more fantasy than tour and feature scenes from Shakespere, Dickins and Mary Poppins.
Great idea. I can imagine a fun ride on an LPS system with classic British literature

RANKINGS:
3 points - Insanepizzaguy
2 points - Rct247
1 points - Matt7187

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 20: What continent should be showcase in Animal Kingdom next? What animals and attractions would be on display?

The final challenge! The top four competitors are sent into competition for the championship! And it's a close race because even the lowest ranking member can clinch a spot.

Submissions end on August 10, at 11:59 PM EST.

RANKINGS
1. PUSH (23 points)
2. Unkadug (22 points)

2. Rct247 (22 points)
4. Insanepizzaguy (17 points)

5. Englanddg (16 points)
6. Matt7187 (15 points)

PUSH

I'd do Australia with an Outback ride, a coral reef ride, and a show involving boomerangs. There would be kangaroos, dingoes, koalas, Tasmanian devils, and other classic Australian animals in a nature trail.

rct247

The next continent added to Disney's Animal Kingdom should be South America with it's rich diversity of plant and animal life as well as climate, geography, food, and culture and would be centered around a South American village in the shadow of the high cliffs and waterfall of Angel Falls. The new land would include an Up themed water flume adventure (inside Angel Falls mountain/building), a cursed Incan temple roller coaster, an animal trail through the Amazon Rainforest featuring the jaguar, a Cuzcotopia splashpad (with Emperor's New Groove meet & greet nearby), a local celebration of South American cultures exhibit, and finally a large eatery serving delicious South American/Latin American cuisine.

unkadug

To avoid repetition of the previous contestants and to avoid the scathing criticism of only "Same thing as I said to PUSH" :facepalm::

I would add the super continent of Pangaea. The animals selected would be wide open as any animal not represented would fit the definition along with every prehistoric animal from the Permian era as well as the Triassic along with an attraction explaining the shifting continents utilizing trackless technology that hybrids into a tracked thrill ride.

Last edited:

insanepizzaguy

I would add in an Antarctica, it would have a simulator ride that has you swim with penguins until the climax, where you escape from a Leopard Seal. There would also be a large animal trail with penguins, birds, and seals.

Matt7187

I would add North America, and you could have 3 mini sections of Cnaada, US, and Mexico, each with their own ride. Sme animals you could have are moose, bears, panthers, etc.

PS, sorry I missed the deadline, but I'm on vacation and I haven't been on.

Turtle

Original Poster
I'd do Australia with an Outback ride, a coral reef ride, and a show involving boomerangs. There would be kangaroos, dingoes, koalas, Tasmanian devils, and other classic Australian animals in a nature trail.
I like it, it's a nice little concept.

The next continent added to Disney's Animal Kingdom should be South America with it's rich diversity of plant and animal life as well as climate, geography, food, and culture and would be centered around a South American village in the shadow of the high cliffs and waterfall of Angel Falls. The new land would include an Up themed water flume adventure (inside Angel Falls mountain/building), a cursed Incan temple roller coaster, an animal trail through the Amazon Rainforest featuring the jaguar, a Cuzcotopia splashpad (with Emperor's New Groove meet & greet nearby), a local celebration of South American cultures exhibit, and finally a large eatery serving delicious South American/Latin American cuisine.
I love it!

I would add the super continent of Pangaea. The animals selected would be wide open as any animal not represented would fit the definition along with every prehistoric animal from the Permian era as well as the Triassic along with an attraction explaining the shifting continents utilizing trackless technology that hybrids into a tracked thrill ride.
I feel like having a Pangaea would be too wide of a theme. There's already dinosaurs in Dinoland, and it would basically be dumping every other animal that doesn't fit in Africa, Asia, Dinoland into Pangea.

I would add in an Antarctica, it would have a simulator ride that has you swim with penguins until the climax, where you escape from a Leopard Seal. There would also be a large animal trail with penguins, birds, and seals.
Animal Kingdom does need some nice cool places to freeze down at, and a simulator would be a great addition to AK's lineup.

RANKINGS:
3 points - InsanePizzaGuy
2 points - Rct247
1 points - PUSH

Turtle

Original Poster
Here are the scores at the end of the regular season.
1. PUSH (24 points)
1. Rct247 (24 points)
3. Unkadug (22 points)

4. Insanepizzaguy (20 points)

5. Englanddg (16 points)
6. Matt7187 (15 points)

Next week (August 19), details of the championship bracket will be announced.

Here's playoff line-up for the elimination round leading to the final match:

PUSH VS Insanepizzaguy
Rct247 VS Unkadug​

Turtle

Original Poster
ELIMINATION ROUND 1: What never-built Disney attraction should be brought back to this day and age?

Here's who you're competing against:

PUSH VS Insanepizzaguy

Rct247 VS Unkadug

PUSH

I considered several different rides, but I decided to pick The Great Muppet Movie Ride, which is a ride similar to the Great Movie Ride, only with a humorous Muppet twist. This would add another much needed family ride to DHS and decrease wait times at other attractions, while still being relevant due to the recent Muppets movie.

unkadug

I'm gonna go with Beastly Kingdomme as it would complete the imagery of the original DAK logo artwork along with bringing some much needed people eater attractions to the park. It would be a much more encompassing/accessible idea than the current notion for a DAK expansion.

PUSH

I just realized that you didn't post a deadline for this. Is there supposed to be one, or are you just letting everyone reply?

rct247

I would dust off the plans of "Dick Tracey's Crime Stoppers" (renamed just "Crime Stoppers") for Disney's Hollywood Studios finally bringing the thrill of a police chase to guests. The plans for this attractions looked spectacular and with today's special effects, it would rival Spiderman & Transformers just down the road while being unique with its gangster theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom