One Sentence Contest

Turtle

Original Poster
Since some people are stuck on this question, here's the type of answer I'm expecting.

Example if I were answering - I'd add a 3d technology that doesn't require glasses, etc, etc

insanepizzaguy

I would add in tons of sensory effects to create a much more believable experience, things like the cabin getting really cold when you reach Hoth and dents in the side of the cabin if you hit something. You would be able to smell and physically feel the environment.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I would make them more of a personal experience with individual pods within the larger pods; the larger pods would still be motion controlled, but the individual inner (personal) pods would also have their own motion simulators for added thrills. This would also allow for a more intimate and personalized experience as each individual pod could be programmed to either heighten or diminish the effects of the main motion control.

PUSH

I would make each individual seat have it's own motion. Not every seat would act in unison, giving the ride a more realistic feel.

rct247

I think one of the issues I'd try to solve is with most simulators having seats attached to a motion arm of some sort resulting in rigid motions. Although I don't know how it would be done from an engineering stand point, I think that the experience could be enhanced using a series of cables and wires attached to motion mechanisms to suspend the chair/cabin in mid air resulting in more free flying type movements.

Turtle

Original Poster
I would put it on a track and have the screen be able to move down so you don't see it. You would then be able to go through show scenes along with the simulating.
What's the point of a simulator if you can't see the screen? The transitions to reality would be very tough and unbelievable/unimmersive
I would re-theme all the entrances to the simulators to make it less obvious you are entering a simulator.
This is a big problem with simulators.
I would add in tons of sensory effects to create a much more believable experience, things like the cabin getting really cold when you reach Hoth and dents in the side of the cabin if you hit something. You would be able to smell and physically feel the environment.
Exactly what simulators need.
I would make them more of a personal experience with individual pods within the larger pods; the larger pods would still be motion controlled, but the individual inner (personal) pods would also have their own motion simulators for added thrills. This would also allow for a more intimate and personalized experience as each individual pod could be programmed to either heighten or diminish the effects of the main motion control.
Hmm.. I like it but I like the other concepts more
I would make each individual seat have it's own motion. Not every seat would act in unison, giving the ride a more realistic feel.
Simple, yet satisfying.
I think one of the issues I'd try to solve is with most simulators having seats attached to a motion arm of some sort resulting in rigid motions. Although I don't know how it would be done from an engineering stand point, I think that the experience could be enhanced using a series of cables and wires attached to motion mechanisms to suspend the chair/cabin in mid air resulting in more free flying type movements.
Hmm. I get the gist of it but I don't really understand it.SCORES:
3 points - Insanepizzaguy
2 points - PUSH
1 point - Englanddg

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 12: How would you create an entire Indiana Jones land?Submissions end on Monday, July 29, at 11:59 PM EST.

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 12:
1. Englanddg (15 points)
2. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
3. Unkadug (10 points)
3. Rct247 (10 points)
3. PUSH (10 points)
6. Matt7187 (7 points)

Last edited:

PUSH

By populate, do you mean with attractions/restaurants or guests? Though they are both kind of the same thing...

Matt7187

For rides, I would add an indoor Indy coaster using vekoma's motorbike launch coaster and keep the stunt show. For restaraunts and stores, a would add an Adventurers club style restaraunt and a store that sells Indy stuff.

Last edited:

PUSH

For attractions, I would add an Indy simulator featuring the scene where Indy is stealing the truck from the Nazis, a water coaster featuring the boat chase in The Last Crusade, a meet & greet, and an updated Indy Stunt Show. For restaurants and stores, I would make a table service themed towards the restaurant where Indy met Belloq at, and a store with Indy merchandise.

rct247

I know it would be a cop out, but the Indiana Jones Adventure is nearly perfect and has become a classic attraction that is worthy of being cloned. In addition to a completely immersive ride and queue, there would be an outpost gift shop, a small canteen for snacks and small meals, and also an interactive small scale show/meet & greet similar to Jedi Training Academy or the Pirate Tutorial where you can meet Indiana Jones.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would have 2 dark rides, one based on Temple and the other on Raiders. A restaurant themed on the airship from Last Crusade, with deep art deco theme and "windows" that make it seem like you are dining in the air. A live action show based on Crystal Skull.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I would add a traditional dark ride and then a hybrid dark ride/thrill ride. New technology would abound in the hybrid ride putting the ride on par with Spider & Harry .

insanepizzaguy

I would put in two rides, one would be a high tech thrill coaster with a plot of you going through a forbidden temple and having to escape when you disturb the powers inside and the other is a dark ride similar to Mystic Manor where you are touring through Hanger 51 when the artifacts come to life. The land would also have a highly detailed restaurant and a large shop themed to an expedition camp, the land would be split into a jungle section and a desert section containing Hanger 51, the shop would separate the two.

Turtle

Original Poster
For rides, I would add an indoor Indy coaster using vekoma's motorbike launch coaster and keep the stunt show. For restaraunts and stores, a would add an Adventurers club style restaraunt and a store that sells Indy stuff.
A bike coaster would neat, same goes with the restaurant, but the current stunt show wouldn't fit thematically

For attractions, I would add an Indy simulator featuring the scene where Indy is stealing the truck from the Nazis, a water coaster featuring the boat chase in The Last Crusade, a meet & greet, and an updated Indy Stunt Show. For restaurants and stores, I would make a table service themed towards the restaurant where Indy met Belloq at, and a store with Indy merchandise.
Nazis in a Disney park? LOL. Good idea with an UPDATED show.

I know it would be a cop out, but the Indiana Jones Adventure is nearly perfect and has become a classic attraction that is worthy of being cloned. In addition to a completely immersive ride and queue, there would be an outpost gift shop, a small canteen for snacks and small meals, and also an interactive small scale show/meet & greet similar to Jedi Training Academy or the Pirate Tutorial where you can meet Indiana Jones.
Classic attraction, good! Another Jedi Training Academy, snack cart, shop? ehhhhh.

I would put in two rides, one would be a high tech thrill coaster with a plot of you going through a forbidden temple and having to escape when you disturb the powers inside and the other is a dark ride similar to Mystic Manor where you are touring through Hanger 51 when the artifacts come to life. The land would also have a highly detailed restaurant and a large shop themed to an expedition camp, the land would be split into a jungle section and a desert section containing Hanger 51, the shop would separate the two.
Mystic Manor artifacts to life in INDIANA JONES? Wouldn't work. Also, jungle and desert transitions would be tough.

I would add a traditional dark ride and then a hybrid dark ride/thrill ride. New technology would abound in the hybrid ride putting the ride on par with Spider & Harry .
Simple, yet satisfying. Indiana Jones is the property that deserves a well balance of thrill and Disney dark ride magic.

I would have 2 dark rides, one based on Temple and the other on Raiders. A restaurant themed on the airship from Last Crusade, with deep art deco theme and "windows" that make it seem like you are dining in the air. A live action show based on Crystal Skull.
Two dark rides is a good number but it could be a challenge to keep each fresh. And restaurant in the sky? Count me in! Crystal Skull Show? Mehhh

RANKINGS:
3 points - Unkdug
2 points - Matt7187
1 point - Englanddg

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 13: What should differentiate an east and West coast Cars Land?

1 Point Bonus Question: What film made in the 21st century should be added to The Great Movie Ride?

Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, July 30th

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 13:
1. Englanddg (16 points)
3. Unkadug (13 points)
4. Rct247 (10 points)
4. PUSH (10 points)
6. Matt7187 (9 points)

Matt7187

CHALLENGE 13: What should differentiate an east and West coast Cars Land?

1 Point Bonus Question: What film made in the 21st century should be added to The Great Movie Ride?

Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, July 30th

RANKINGS GOING INTO CHALLENGE 13:
1. Englanddg (16 points)
3. Unkadug (13 points)
4. Rct247 (10 points)
4. PUSH (10 points)
6. Matt7187 (9 points)
All I would do is take out Luigis and add a Ramones attraction like the paint thing in Tokyo (someone else had that idea, so ill give credit to whoever did it).

Bonus: I would add Lord of the Rings because it is be of the most successful trilogies of movies ever, and are some of the best movies of this century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom