One Sentence Contest

rct247

Continuing with Disney's natural event/disaster theme, the next water park would be named Earthquake Lake centered around a small western mountain town that has just experienced a major earthquake. Attractions would include a water slides disguised as "mudslides", a family raft ride down a 2-lane mountain roadway, a lazy river through a crumbling mine, an interactive kids area themed as the town's damaged buildings with broken water pipes, and a wave pool themed as a dam just about to break.

PUSH

I'd build a waterpark themed towards Disney/Pixar movies that have water in them. For example, Finding Nemo could have a ride where you travel on the East Australian Current (EAC), Finding Dory could have an attraction to promote the new movie, and other movies would in The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Peter Pan (ride involving Hook's pirate ship).

Matt7187

I'd add a boutique park themed to the villains. There could be a Bald Mountain roller coaster, a cave of wonders coaster, and more.

insanepizzaguy

I'd have a water park themed to a sort of lost, underwater city, like Atlantis with some ancient Greek themeing mixed in, the park icon would be a castle that looks as if it's entirely build of marble. There would be a kids area in a decrepit courtyard, slides going through crumbling temples and a lazy river traveling around the park and into ancient coliseums, mansions, and gardens.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I would create a boutique park based upon Disney Villains. It would contain cutting edge technology attractions and would eventually turn into the fifth gate.

Turtle

Original Poster
Continuing with Disney's natural event/disaster theme, the next water park would be named Earthquake Lake centered around a small western mountain town that has just experienced a major earthquake. Attractions would include a water slides disguised as "mudslides", a family raft ride down a 2-lane mountain roadway, a lazy river through a crumbling mine, an interactive kids area themed as the town's damaged buildings with broken water pipes, and a wave pool themed as a dam just about to break.
I don't think that having "mudslides" would appeal to the masses in addition to the fact that the natural event theme shouldn't be followed. Yeah, it's a cool idea, but this needs to feel like nothing else rather than Blizzard Beach meets Typhoon Lagoon meets an earthquake.

I'd build a waterpark themed towards Disney/Pixar movies that have water in them. For example, Finding Nemo could have a ride where you travel on the East Australian Current (EAC), Finding Dory could have an attraction to promote the new movie, and other movies would in The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Peter Pan (ride involving Hook's pirate ship).
That's a neat idea. Put in some Pirates of the Caribbean too!

I'd add a boutique park themed to the villains. There could be a Bald Mountain roller coaster, a cave of wonders coaster, and more.
I like it. Villains wouldn't warrant their own park, yet they deserve more than a land.

I'd have a water park themed to a sort of lost, underwater city, like Atlantis with some ancient Greek themeing mixed in, the park icon would be a castle that looks as if it's entirely build of marble. There would be a kids area in a decrepit courtyard, slides going through crumbling temples and a lazy river traveling around the park and into ancient coliseums, mansions, and gardens.
I love it but there's already a water park called Atlantis in the Bahamas

I would create a boutique park based upon Disney Villains. It would contain cutting edge technology attractions and would eventually turn into the fifth gate.
It turning into the fifth gate would be a problem. This is supposed to be a small, little idea, in the "Water Parks and More" category.

RANKINGS:
3 points - PUSH
2 points - Matt7187
1 points - Rct247
0 points - Unkadug
0 points - Insanepizzaguy
0 points - Englanddg

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 17: How would you expand Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, August 6.

Only three more challenges until the top two contestants are sent into a sudden death match!

RANKINGS
1. PUSH (19 points)
2. Unkadug (18 points)

3. Englanddg (16 points)
3. Rct247 (16 points)
6. Insanepizzaguy (14 points)
6. Matt7187 (14 points)

Last edited:

PUSH

I would add a Carsland (complete with everything but Luigi's) and Monstropolis (including Laugh Floor being moved and a door coaster). On top of this I would add a Ratatouille restaurant, an UP dark ride, a HISTK play area transformed to Bug's Life, an Incredibles show where they show off their powers in a comedic way, and a meet & greet location to meet Pixar characters.

Matt7187

I would add a ride using vekoma's Pandora's box system system themed to some of the shorts (would be located next to TSMM) and re theme the histk play set to a bugs life. I would also add a mini monstropolis in the backlot area with the door coaster, harryhousens, and the laugh floor.

rct247

I'd would expand Pixar Place all the way to Streets of America which would be transformed into Monstropolis complete with HarryHousens, the Monsters Inc Door Coaster on the site of the Premier Theater (assuming the Main Auto Plaza Entrance is moved), and the new seasonal Osborne Spectacle of Lights hosted by Mike Wazowski while LMA & the Backlot Tour would be replaced with Carsland (see previous Carsland notes from previous post). The unique thing about the Pixar Place expansion from most ideas would be the subtle tie-ins of many of the Pixar Shorts we know and love such as turning the Singing in the Rain umbrella into The Blue Umbrella, a bunch of the birds on a powerline from For the Birds, the chess game from Geri's World, and the return of Luxo Jr.

unkadug

I would take out all the old animation office space and use that space for new attraction space along with what is left of the Backlot Tour (Including the Canyon). New attractions could run the gamut from the long awaited Doors Coaster to Carsland, along with an all new UP! attraction.

Turtle

Original Poster
I would add a Carsland (complete with everything but Luigi's) and Monstropolis (including Laugh Floor being moved and a door coaster). On top of this I would add a Ratatouille restaurant, an UP dark ride, a HISTK play area transformed to Bug's Life, an Incredibles show where they show off their powers in a comedic way, and a meet & greet location to meet Pixar characters.
It would help out the park, but it feels like it's just too much Pixar down your throat.

I would add a ride using vekoma's Pandora's box system system themed to some of the shorts (would be located next to TSMM) and re theme the histk play set to a bugs life. I would also add a mini monstropolis in the backlot area with the door coaster, harryhousens, and the laugh floor.
An anchor themed to the shorts?! That wouldn't work because it would constantly need updating and there wouldn't be a coherent and clear story.

I'd would expand Pixar Place all the way to Streets of America which would be transformed into Monstropolis complete with HarryHousens, the Monsters Inc Door Coaster on the site of the Premier Theater (assuming the Main Auto Plaza Entrance is moved), and the new seasonal Osborne Spectacle of Lights hosted by Mike Wazowski while LMA & the Backlot Tour would be replaced with Carsland (see previous Carsland notes from previous post). The unique thing about the Pixar Place expansion from most ideas would be the subtle tie-ins of many of the Pixar Shorts we know and love such as turning the Singing in the Rain umbrella into The Blue Umbrella, a bunch of the birds on a powerline from For the Birds, the chess game from Geri's World, and the return of Luxo Jr.
The Mike Wazowski Osbourne Lights idea is great!

I would take out all the old animation office space and use that space for new attraction space along with what is left of the Backlot Tour (Including the Canyon). New attractions could run the gamut from the long awaited Doors Coaster to Carsland, along with an all new UP! attraction.
I love the idea of taking over the animation space as opposed to the Backlot. Two animation lands would be confusing.

RANKINGS:
3 points - Unkadug
2 points - Rct247
1 points - PUSH

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 18 - How would you add a top-notch walk-through attraction to a Disney Park?

Submissions end at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, August 8

Only two challenges left and a change is coming! Rather than having the top two contestants facing off immediately I have another idea in mind. A playoff bracket!

Here's how it would be:

First Place vs. Fourth Place
Second Place vs. Third Place

CHAMPIONSHIP (Best of 3) - Winner of each respective round face off against each other

RANKINGS
1. Unkadug (21 points)
2. PUSH (20 points)

3. Rct247 (18 points)
4. Englanddg (16 points)
6. Matt7187 (14 points)

PUSH

I would add a walk-through of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars in DHS. It would be just like the actual ship, and you could interact with various elements (press a button and alarms go off, fire blasters, etc).

rct247

I would completely redo The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney's Hollywood Studios to feature a brand new interactive self-guided animation tour experience. The walk-through would not only allow guests to have a hands on approach of the animation process, but would also allow guests to walk through some of the sets from many classic Disney animated classics similar to how Disney California Adventure reinvented their Magic of Disney Animation Experience.

unkadug

I think that a replacement for Toontown would be in order as a walk through attraction similar to Mickey and Minnie's house's but upgraded with new scenes and effects and could include a Disnyfied Tilted Gravity House where things seem to defy the laws of gravity but done as only Disney could do. It would be almost like being dropped into Toontown from Roger Rabbit.

Matt7187

I would add a walkthrough of old classic rides in MK. Each room would be themed to a different ride, like Mr. Toad and 20K

Turtle

Original Poster
I would add a walk-through of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars in DHS. It would be just like the actual ship, and you could interact with various elements (press a button and alarms go off, fire blasters, etc).
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I would completely redo The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney's Hollywood Studios to feature a brand new interactive self-guided animation tour experience. The walk-through would not only allow guests to have a hands on approach of the animation process, but would also allow guests to walk through some of the sets from many classic Disney animated classics similar to how Disney California Adventure reinvented their Magic of Disney Animation Experience.
Since production stopped at the animation studio, it's been a shell of it's potential, but this idea would bring it to life without have animator guinea pigs

I think that a replacement for Toontown would be in order as a walk through attraction similar to Mickey and Minnie's house's but upgraded with new scenes and effects and could include a Disnyfied Tilted Gravity House where things seem to defy the laws of gravity but done as only Disney could do. It would be almost like being dropped into Toontown from Roger Rabbit.
A nice little idea, nothing more.
I would add a walkthrough of old classic rides in MK. Each room would be themed to a different ride, like Mr. Toad and 20K
How would this fit the theme of the MK I presume? You didn't specify what park this would be in and it wouldn't MK, DHS, DAK, nor Epcot.

RANKINGS:
3 points -
PUSH
2 points - Rct247
1 points - Unkadug

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 19: What new ride should go to World Showcase?

Submissions end on August 9, at 11:59 PM EST.

Happy d23 everyone!
RANKINGS
1. PUSH (23 points)
2. Unkadug (22 points)

3. Rct247 (20 points)

4. Englanddg (16 points)
6. Matt7187 (14 points)

PUSH

I would add a Mt. Fuji coaster to Japan. People have been wanting it for a while now, and why not give the customers what they want?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom