One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Me, already looking up expansion pads and least popular rides:
View attachment 547667
Me, who did absolutely zero research besides pulling up a park map, and who submitted within 20 minutes of the prompt:
F602DE12-5FEB-48C6-A563-08475FA5925C.jpeg

Sharon&Susan

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #5: KNOTT'S BERRY FARM
knotts-berry-farm.jpg

Welcome to Knott's Berry Farm! Known for its charm and humble beginnings, Knott's features many attractions on par, if not superior to premiere theme parks such as Disney and Universal. Now is your chance to add to that reputation.

-Challenge-
Design a new original dark ride for the park

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 13th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Dino Caverns
1618193536936.png
Replacing the Lake of Reflection and the Silver Bullet roaster coaster, Dino Caverns will further add to Knott's mountain range and compliment the nearby Log Ride. Thaddeus P. Knott, a hermit who has lived inside the mountain for 50 years, wants us to test out his new time travel machine to go back to the prehistoric age and observe what dinosaurs were really like. This suspended dark ride will give guests a flight through time from the Ice Age to even further back when Dinosaurs ruled the earth, the ride will gradually climb inclines through the ride allowing for a great outdoor view of Knott's Berry Farm as the climax!

Suchomimus

The Voyage to Reefhaven
LMVehicle.jpg
A new suspended dark ride, The Voyage to Reefhaven lets guests embark on an serene journey to the kingdom of all benevolent sea creatures; Reefhaven, where the new queen is set to be coronated. Beginning in an old cottage at the foot of a cliff; where the previous occupant left drawings and writings building up what lies beyond the bay, mermaid song invites all to come to the beach caves, where seahorse-drawn chariots whisk down to the realm where real sea creatures mingle with imagined sea creatures such as Aigikampos (goats with fish tails), Aspidochelone (an enormous sea turtle), and even fantastical versions of real animals, all the way up to the castle. This dark ride; with its visuals, score, and tone; will be a popular attraction for all ages, especially for those who don't wish to ride the more intense rides.

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

EL TEMPLO DEL DIOS JAGUAR

9A7386FB-4B9C-4791-93ED-1327C9D46A12.jpeg

The East Area of Fiesta Village and Jaguar! will be closing soon to make way for a new experience coming to Knott’s Berry Farm, the park’s first ever immersive boat ride, El Templo del Dios Jaguar.

As you walk through the Mayan Forest, the largest remaining tropical rainforest in the Americas after the Amazon, you come in contact with a gentle jaguar spirit who’s looking for someone to help them protect their ancestral home from a group of treasure hunters.

Journey into an underground river and explore the lost Mayan temple of the Jaguar God, where a thrilling adventure awaits, but you must be careful or you might wake up the Jaguar God, whose fury could send you in a one way trip to Xibalba.​

Ludpat Mike

In the Parks
No

Dreamcatcher Flight​

de6a9841-copia.jpg

At the edge of Ghost Town an enormous Dreamcatcher stands, a portal to the fantastic dimension of, well, dreams. Hop aboard an enchanted coach and take flight in this suspended family dark ride that soars over canyons and western villages, both with realistic colors and painted in charming, "psychedelic" tones, guided by benevolent animal spirits.
But beware: don't follow the evil Night-mares who want to take your flying coach to scary places you might not know how to get out of...

Last edited:

Brer Panther

That's okay. I know zilch about Knott's and all the other non Disney, non Universal parks we're visiting!
I too know zilch about Knott's Berry Farm.

Actually, I guess one could say I know Knott a thing!

Okay, here's my idea...

Schroeder's Surreal Symphony
Schroeder_Piano.png
Schroeder invites us to partake in a performance of - what else? - Beethoven's greatest compositions. Based on a scene in A Boy Named Charlie Brown, this surreal dark ride takes guests through a number of bizarre landscapes and sequences aboard piano-shaped ride vehicles. It's sure to put a smile on any guest's face - especially if they're a classical music buff like Schroeder is.

D Hulk

BONUS
OPTIONAL ROAD TRIP

Our road trip kicks into overdrive as we come across some of the Golden State’s more minor theme parks.
These optional side trips give you the chance to get some extra points and see some extra sights.

SIDE TRIP #1: SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO
14sw10-1000x665.jpg

This long-standing member of the SeaWorld chain faces unique challenges, ranging from changing tastes, controversy surrounding their marine animals, and severe coastal building restrictions.

Challenge
Create a new mascot for SeaWorld San Diego.

-Rules-
For this bonus, use only 1 single sentence and up to 1 image. Everyone who submits will receive 1 automatic bonus point. The deadline is Tuesday, April 13th, at 9:00 PM EST, at the same time as the main Knott's prompt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom