One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 4

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
Halloween Town Downtown Disney
The Disneyland Monorail station has been Transformed into the 90s classic of Halloween Town. Take the Magical bus to Halloween Town (AKA Monorail)Once entered you can Meet Benny in his Taxi and talk to him in front of the station. The Station has been Rethemed to a Halloween Decorated Townhall With a Giant Jack O Lantern that's a Replica from the Movie. You can Even Meet some of the Characters from the Movie like the Pink troll or a Werewolf as a Walk Around Characters
Okay, I am going to say it now in all caps. FINALLY, SOMEONE REMEMBERS... OR EVEN KNOWS... HALLOWEENTOWN!! That is the best movie ever. In my head, I can imagine a monorail shooting into the sky, or at least out of the station. Talking to Benny would be a dream, but we'd have to make him in his nice form, and more friendly. I hope you're saying there'd be a large jack o' lantern right outside the pumpkin, and some sort of narration by Debby Reynolds (if she were still alive D:).

Having some different types of monsters is a great idea, as we'd kind of branch out through the city. Overall, nice job!!

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
Practice Prompt Results!

Each and every prompt was very good, and it was quite tough to choose. Because there are two prompts, I will be hosting to Awards Ceremonies, but if you have an idea on how we should do this, please tell me. I want to say thank you to all who submitted, and I hope to see you in future challenges.

Honorable Mention
1538191847289.png

@nated1226

Bronze
1538191923366.png

@TwilightZone

Silver
1538192062484.png

@Evilgidgit

Gold
1538192106823.png

@James G.

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who submitted! Let's move on to the first real challenge of this comeptition!​

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
Challenge 1
Magic Kingdom and Epcot

sta488588LARGE.jpg

As we begin the Double Trouble of the season finale, we will be travelling to Walt Disney World. This means Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom

-Background Information-

Magic Kingdom and Epcot opened in 1971 and 1982, respectively. Each was a vision to Walt, and each became a reality thanks to his brother. Without Roy Disney, Walt Disney World would not be a thing. Even though we owe Uncle Walt a big thank you, we should also pay our respects to Roy Disney.

-Challenge-
Magic Kingdom:
For this challenge, you have to create a show that focuses solely on Roy Disney. It must include the original vision of the Florida Project, and how Roy helped to make it a reality.

Epcot: Since IllumiNations is ending, create a new firework spectacular that showcases the ideals that Walt had and the visions for Epcot, what it was going to be, how he was going to accomplish it, etc.

-Bonus-
Magic Kingdom:
Every Disney CEO loves repeating an attraction in another park. In one sentence, find another Disney park to put this show. It can be any Disneyland Resort around the world, or in Disneyland Resort Anaheim.

Epcot: In one sentence or less, transform this IllumiNations replacement into a new firework spectacular in Disneyland Anaheim.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. For the bonus you may use 1 sentence. The deadline is Friday, October 5, 2018 at 8:59 PM EST. Critiques will come shortly after, with Challenge 1 being posted at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-

Is it creative?
Does it accomplishes everything within the challenge guidelines?
Is it realistic?

-Reminders-

This is just the the first official challenge. From this date onward, any points given will count towards the final score. Good luck to all of you!!​

Also, if there is any other information that is needed to be put up, it will go here, below reminders.

TwilightZone

Epcot - Illuminations: Keep Moving Forward
iu

meettherobinsons-1024x581.jpg

This fireworks show will be hosted by Lewis, who goes in the future again and shows how progress improves people's lives. Instead of going to Todayland, however, he goes into neighbor city FICOT (Finalized Community of Tomorrow), fireworks will start once the projection of Lewis enters the city via time travel, the city will have monorails and people movers all over, with movement of fireworks in different directions representing the rapid movements of both, the hotel will be represented by spurts of water (people entering the pool), all people have jobs and rapidly changing technology in their homes that are swapped out by robotic arms, this causes burst of fireworks everywhere, finally the show ends with lewis going back in time, causing the biggest fireworks explosion in disney history.
BONUS: This new spectacular will be used in a temporary Tomorrowland festival, celebrating the recent remodeling of Tomorrowland, it will take over the fantasmic area for a few months in order to showcase all of the effects.

Last edited:

James G.

Practice Prompt Results!

Each and every prompt was very good, and it was quite tough to choose. Because there are two prompts, I will be hosting to Awards Ceremonies, but if you have an idea on how we should do this, please tell me. I want to say thank you to all who submitted, and I hope to see you in future challenges.

Honorable Mention
View attachment 316999
@nated1226

Bronze
View attachment 317000
@TwilightZone

Silver
View attachment 317001
@Evilgidgit

Gold
View attachment 317002
@James G.

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who submitted! Let's move on to the first real challenge of this comeptition!​
Thanks! I hope I'm not like a Disney firework, a big boom and flash to end up just some smoke that blows away never to be seen again. I'll do my best- this is really fun, and challenging to keep everything extremely short.

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
I like the idea of making a show dedicated to Roy Disney. However, I feel the bonuses are odd. It's simply just moving the challenges to another location. Seems a little pointless.
Don't worry, not every bonus is going to be boring and not every will be interesting. Some may be really random, some may not. It will really depend on what the challenge is, and what I think fits with the challenge. :D

James G.

Magic Kingdom:
SHARING THE DREAM

1538310242411.png
“Sharing the Dream” is a five- minute projection show presented fifteen minutes before the main evening entertainment show using the Castle as the screen. Using a mixture of vintage photos (black-and-white, colorized and colored), archival film and the classic narration-style that Disney has perfected, the underappreciated importance of Roy Disney to the very existence and form of the Walt Disney World Resort is presented to the “captive” audience, one that might not be interested in the show by itself but will now be “edutained” in the classic Disney style. Roy Disney was the force behind the creation of Walt Disney World from the dreams of his brother, dreams that Roy Disney shared, guided and molded into reality, always keeping the hopes of his brother alive and sharing those dreams with the world.

Epcot:
THE DREAM LIVES ON
Using a mixture of water screen projections, lasers and fireworks, “The Dream Lives On” presents to thousands of Epcot visitors nightly the evolution of Epcot from the seminal “Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow” into “Epcot Center” and finally into its present form, with the visual effects, lighting and fireworks growing in complexity to show the growth and never-ending evolution of Epcot guided by the dreams of the Disney brothers.

Magic Kingdom bonus:
A remixed, resized, edited and slightly expanded version of “Sharing the Dream” will be shown at the Disneyland Resort, using Sleeping Beauty Castle as the screen with additional footage added to show how Roy Disney’s enthusiasm to bring his brother’s dream to the world led to the expansion of a single park, Disneyland, into the world-renowned Disneyland Resort.

Epcot bonus:
“The Dream Lives On” will be presented in the Fantasmic viewing area, with editing similar to that done for “Sharing the Dream” to include how the creation of Epcot led to the expansion of Disneyland to include DCA and possible future additions to the Disneyland Resort.

Evilgidgit

Ode to Roy Disney, the Wish Weaver
3738149fb0b9300b0c67f455461db726.jpg

Main Street Cinema in Magic Kingdom is revived, complete with a brand new 20-minute presentation celebrating the life, achievements, and support of Roy O. Disney. The new sit-in theatre's show looks back on Roy (and Walt's) life, helping his brother to build their little studio, and the repeated support in his brother's projects - Mickey Mouse, Snow White, Disneyland, and the Florida Project (includ. Epcot), the show featuring Roy's complete speech and dedication of Walt Disney World when it opened in 1971. But, the presentation doesn't end there, but goes on, showing the development of WDW and Epcot, and how Roy's son, Roy E. Disney, continued his father's commitment to Disney.

Bonus - The show is moved from Magic Kingdom to Disneyland, seasonally replacing Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln.

EPCOT - A Legacy of Tomorrow
pcm341388large.jpg

Replacing IllumiNations is a brand new spectacle that mixes colourful fireworks, World of Colour-esque water projections, and iconic soundtracks to pay homage to Epcot. It is split up through three acts - the first to the Florida Project and Epcot's original incarnation, complete with clips of Walt's Epcot promo video; the second is to Future World, particularly the original line-up of attractions (Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, The Living Seas, The Land, Kitchen Kabaret, Journey Into Imagination, and of course, Horizons); the third act is dedicated to World Showcase, with legitimate cultural music and theming rather than just it to show off Disney IP. There would be unique, individual water effects going on around the lake, creating the opportunity to re-watch the show from different angles.

Bonus - The fireworks display moves to Disneyland Paris to keep the water effects in play, but with alterations, and serves as an international celebration of the Disney parks.

NateD1226

EPCOT
Ralph and Vanellope: Breaking Epoct

Join Ralph and Vanellope as they travel through the internet to teach you the history of Epcot with the fun fireworks and breathtaking water projections! The duo take you to Wikipedia to find hsitory, VR of Epcot itself, ride a few rides with them, and so much more! I think the IP based and history tech vibe of Epcot will mash well together, so join Vanellope and Ralph in Breaking Epcot!

Coming Soon 2020

Bonus: Using the show space of Fantasmic, the characters of Wreck It Ralph come to life in an all new (keeping silimar to the prompt) show to give you secrets and history of Disneyland Anaheim!

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

that moment when you have tons of high school work and the project is based on roy who you have small knowledge on

DISNEY HISTORY 101 - Roy is Walt's older brother, 1893-1971, served in WWI, developed tuberculosis and was discharged from the military. Married Edna Francis Disney in 1925, and worked in LA as a banker whilst being treated for tuberculosis. Walt arrived and they formed the Disney Bros. Studio in 1923. Roy ran the business side of the company, getting finances for Walt's projects, convincing bankers to support them, etc. Roy was amongst those who thought Walt was nuts for wanting to make Snow White, and build Disneyland, but supported his brother nevertheless. He served as company CEO until his death, postponing his retirement when Walt died in 1966 to see that Walt Disney World was built. He died in 1971 shortly after WDW opened.

Disneylover152

MAGIC KINGDOM
Coming in 2021, just in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary, a new multimedia show titled “The Florida Project” will begin shows in the Fantasyland Theatre, temporarily replacing the fan favorite Mickey’s PhiliarMagic for the time being.

This new show will combine screens, animatronic show scenes and live actors, as well as a few characters here and there as we go through the evolution of the Florida Project, as we go through the different stages of Walt and Roy Disney’s journey through this world changing project being built.

Featuring an animatronic Walt Disney as your narrator, “The Florida Project” will use screens, animatronics and live actors to take you through scenes representing the first stages of Disneyland, the announcement and planning of The Florida Project, Walt Disney death and Roy’s decision to continue, the birth of Walt Disney World, opening day, Roy’s Death and ending with a video montage of Walt Disney World from 1971 to present and its impact on the world.

Bonus: This show will also be replicated in Disneyland’s Opera House to premiere to guests since this is Walt Disney’s home park.

EPCOT
Coming in 2019, a new nighttime spectacular will open on the World Showcase Lagoon combining live actors, practical sets, drones, fireworks and fountains to make a jaw-dropping show to show you the evolution of Epcot through Walt’s eyes, and its journey to the present day.

The show will be titled “Horizons” as both a throwback to the classic ride and as it follows the theme of the show since you will look at both Epcot’s past and the future of Epcot.

It will begin with the announcement of the Florida Project, and take you through the evolution of Epcot through Walt’s eyes, before showing you how Epcot evolved to what it is now, including a teary eye finale using live actors and performers on boats (like Fantasmic) to showcase all the pavilions represented from Epcot’s past, present and future.

Bonus: This new nighttime spectacular will replace Fantasmic at Disneyland Park, but will be transformed to be use the effects available at the Rivers of America such as the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Sailing Ship Columbia.

AceAstro

And... time!

But, I will be nice and allow another 30 minutes for any last minute projects. That means at 9:30, I'll be pumping out those reviews.

@pixie_princess
@deere839
@AceAstro
@themazethinker (now that you have some more knowledge. Thanks, Evilgidgit!)
Thanks for extending time, but I’m on vacation all this week so won’t have time to play the first few rounds. Maybe once I’m back!!

NateD1226

This is probably really late but..

Magic Kingdom
1538792289604.png

This new show that takes place right by the entrance takes you on a fun and imaginative adventure with Jill. She was a young girl when Roy opened Walt Disney World and will give you and fun and interactive show/tour right down Main Street! She will show you the smallest crack to the big castle with many facts and pictures in her bottomless satchel!

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
Epcot - Illuminations: Keep Moving Forward
iu

meettherobinsons-1024x581.jpg

This fireworks show will be hosted by Lewis, who goes in the future again and shows how progress improves people's lives. Instead of going to Todayland, however, he goes into neighbor city FICOT (Finalized Community of Tomorrow), fireworks will start once the projection of Lewis enters the city via time travel, the city will have monorails and people movers all over, with movement of fireworks in different directions representing the rapid movements of both, the hotel will be represented by spurts of water (people entering the pool), all people have jobs and rapidly changing technology in their homes that are swapped out by robotic arms, this causes burst of fireworks everywhere, finally the show ends with lewis going back in time, causing the biggest fireworks explosion in disney history.
BONUS: This new spectacular will be used in a temporary Tomorrowland festival, celebrating the recent remodeling of Tomorrowland, it will take over the fantasmic area for a few months in order to showcase all of the effects.
I would have never expected a show that would come from Meet the Robinsons. I loved this movie when I was little, but today it's all but a blur. I think that with the new updates that will be coming to EPCOT, this new show may be out of place. I am wondering about the whole biggest fireworks explosion. Is it just tons of fireworks, or is there more? This proposal grasps what the future really looks like, it's basically a circle tour of "FICOT". My final words are that I think using water, fireworks, etc. as the tour itself is a cool idea. Great proposal!!

Bonus: So, Tomorrowland taking over Tomorrowland? Clever... I think. +1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom