One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Suchomimus

Also, more Ideal Buildout:
Blog%20-%20WDSP%20GMR%203.png

Last edited:

WaltWiz1901

No Limit! Street Party

There’s a Street Party going on in Universal Studios Florida! In this stateside version of Universal Studios Japan’s popular No Limit! parade, parkgoers can invite themselves to the festivities as the likes of (but definitely unlimited to!) their favorite DreamWorks, Nicktoons, and Dr. Seuss friends, Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang, and the Minions (of course) bring music, color, and lights to the streets of New York and Production Central.
Bonus
Either of these tracks - or both - would lend themselves pretty well for a possible Hey Arnold! float, as Arnold and his classmates put on a play:

Solaris Knight

Universal's Classical Cinema Celebration
1704433104732.png

The Universal Pictures fanfare is a central theme, remixed to complement other themes in the parade.

While many people know of Universal, this nighttime parade is about their history, chronologically going from the Phantom of the Opera and other monsters, the comedies and westerns less familiar to younger guests to blockbusters like ET and Jurassic Park, through the present Dreamworks and Illumination stars, all accompanied by projection mapping to immerse you in the worlds of these classics, and rekindle love for them into a new audience.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Aww. I should of written my answer up sooner. It's very similar to two already posted. Back to the drawing board.
It wouldn't be the first time more than one player had similar ideas. As long as you highlight what makes your pitch unique it isn't really an issue, but I totally get wanted to do something no one else is

cdunlap

The Kate Bush Cavalcade is a parade at Universal Orlando that brings the music of Kate Bush to life featuring hits like Wuthering Heights, Running Up That Hill, Moving, Hammer Horror, Wow, Babooshka, Sat In Your Lap, and more!

You asked for a song, but I’m giving the best album in the world, Hounds Of Love, released by Kate Bush in 1985!

AceAstro

Jaws: The Parade

1704560430694.png

In 2012, the Jaws Attraction closed in Universal Studios Florida largely eliminating the ferocious Shark's visibility in the park outside of a small photo-op. Now, guests can enjoy a daily parade from tourists leaving the park, and heading to Amity Island to enjoy their Fourth of July Weekend complete with convertible cars, boats (driven on wheels in the parade), and all sorts of people celebrating the long weekend! As more and more boats and cars pass through, a larger version of the Orca is seen, complete with Quint, Hooper, and Brody, who look panicked that something is wrong; and surely, out of the back of the boat, a large Jaws animatronic pops out from under the boat to try and catch one of the three from the top/ front of the boat before hiding back away to scare the next round of guests.

Bonus:
Leading up to the final float, Jaws' classic theme can be heard throughout teasing the massive shark's arrival

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
the diagonal menagerie
fantastic beasts creatures list - Google Search | Libro de animales  fantasticos, Animales fantásticos pelicula, Bestias fantásticasIf you think the chaos, magic, and kinetics of Potter's sequel land is crazy enough, it only gets crazier with Universal's festive new parade addition: The Diagonal Menagerie! With magical parade floats and costumed Fantastic Beasts turning around the corner near the Bourne stage, the story goes that after Newt Scamander's mystical suitcase was accidentally opened in the middle of the Magical Menagerie shop in Diagon Alley, the fantastic creatures from the suitcase, including Bowtruckles, Nifflers, Occamy, and Demiguises had escaped with the shop pets into the busy London area. Featuring five parade floats (with the first four subtly themed to the four houses in Hogwarts) and many walking beasts, the animals march festively across dreary Muggle London before being ushered back into Newt's (now giant) suitcase- the final parade float and the last thing muggles see before the rambunctious animals disappear behind King's Cross station...

BONUS: Click Image for music (listen while you read!)

Five Nights Fear Fest 83'

Based entirely around the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, Universals new nighttime parade is a(n abridged) journey through the events of the games*. From Fazbears Family Diner and the golden era of Freddy and Bonny to Circus Baby's Pizza World, Fall Fest 83' all the way through the Glamrock animatronics and S.T.A.F.F bots each float will focus on a different milestone of what happens after one (purple) man decides to go off the deep end. Due to this being a nighttime parade, floats will have an array of lighting effects, screens, and even pyrotechnics. (because it's not FNAF if someone isn't trying to fix their problems with arson)

helpy.jpeg

Lofi beats to get shoved into an animatronic suit too
*(ONLY THE GAMES NOT THE BOOKS THIS IS FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST MATPAT)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1704603464533.png

Let's see what Joe SeaWorld thinks!
Wonders of Nintendo Parade
View attachment 761390

Acting as both a promotion for Super Nintendo World at Universal’s upcoming third gate and as a way to celebrate Nintendo’s greatest IPs, the Wonders of Nintendo Parade is a daytime parade (duh) that shows off the best of what Nintendo has to offer. Along the streets of New York and Production Central in Universal Studios Florida, watch as large floats (that look like traditional parade floats, not like the above image) of characters from Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Super Mario (which is the ending float) roll along the streets, accompanied by orchestrated remixes of popular tunes including World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros, Green Greens from Kirby’s Dream Land, and the Paldea overworld theme from Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Along the parade route, you can also interact with costumed characters such as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Kirby, Samus, Isabelle, Pikachu, and an Inkling (though the human-like characters are face characters) by meet-and-greeting with them.

A very solid and well done entry to kick things off! As a Nintendo fan I would adore this. You did a good job getting a wider set on series without going too obscure. There's a tendency we have as fans to put all the references everywhere in these kinds of projects, but you showed the perfect amount of restraint to make it fun for fans without being too unrealistic.

+1 Bonus - Really great choice of song to capture the vibe you were going for!
Pandemonium Cartoon Circus Parade
View attachment 761394
Universal has a lot of cartoon IPs under its belt (including some that aren't owned by Universal), so why not take advantage of that - AND resurrect a long-closed Islands of Adventure show at the same time? Popeye, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, Dudley Do-Right, and their chums make their way down the streets of Universal Studios, performing tricks and riding colorful circus wagons - with Ringmaster Bullwinkle J. Moose at the front of the pack, driving (or attempting to, anyway) the circus train.

Bonus:

I usually am not as into reviving old shows/rides. Not that it's a bad idea to do so (Usually I adore revivals!), but just because they often make less interesting projects for games like this. "The thing you like, let's bring it back" is not a bad idea at all, but not the most fun in this context. BUT the show is so obscure and the concept fits so perfectly for a parade that I absolutely can't complain here. This is a great idea! A perfect way to please Universal history nerds AND to add a classic cartoon parade. Plus, the circus train makes a fantastic framing device! My only note is that the toons featured are not exactly popular IPs anymore. But Universal has been pushing the retro stuff pretty heavily lately so it isn't as outside the realm of possibility as it might seem.

As a sidenote, if anyone missed it Storybook Amusement (one of the best theme park history YouTubers aside from Defunctland) did a ReAnimated project for this show! It's mostly still images and not animation, but it is very very fun

+1 Bonus - This show had a fantastic soundtrack

The Past Roars Parade

A parade dedicated to a bevy of lesser-known Universal movies that didn’t get attractions of their own at any point, from the silent era to today, floats sorted by genre. A celebration of Universal’s entire history, even the more regrettable parts of it, proceeds along with traditional parade music as a contrast to Disney’s parades and more of a “realistic” atmosphere.
Short, sweet, and to the point. Universal history from the beginning. A more grounded style. A focus less well represented films. A very solid idea! You didn't say much but honestly there's not much more to say! Love the concept and it plays really well into the legacy angle Universal has been going for lately. I'm a little unclear what you meant by "Traditional Parade Music," are you suggesting a live marching band or something? If so that would be a really cool idea for a parade and a fun twist on the concept.
The Scare Parade
This new parade at universal is themed around the scariest properties cinema has ever made. The floats will be themed to scream, Friday the 13th, chucky, stranger things, nightmare on elf street, and FNAF. The floats will be themed to their respective franchises and guests who love Halloween horror nights are going to have a blast with this parade.

Bonus: The parade’s soundtrack will kind of be a mix of the most iconic horror songs. Since most of the songs are instrumental, the singing parts of the song will be FNAF songs such as Five Nights At Freddy’s and It’s Been So Long.

Universal is THE theme park home for halloween and horror. And honestly Peacock is THE streaming service home for horror too. Between the Chucky series, FNAF, Blumhouse, etc horror is only becoming a bigger and bigger part of Universal's brand. I like the variety you chose too as you found a good mix of modern, classic, grounded, and corny horror. All franchises that I could see Universal reaching out to. From a personal standpoint, you have all my favorite horror here aside from Cabin in the Woods and the original Halloween (which admittedly would not translate well to a float. I'm picturing just a flat patch of grass with a Michael Myers standing there menacingly without moving the whole time). My only real concern is that this might be a bit too scary of a theme for a parade considering parades tend to be big with kids. If this was a nighttime parade or just for HHN it would make a bit more sense. But personally this would make me very happy.

+1 Bonus - Living Tombstones walked so 8-Bit Big Band could run

Universal's Reels of Adventure
Universal presents a fun look back at some of the greatest movies ever produced by the studio during their first stateside Nighttime Parade with 1000s of LED lights, beginning in the silent era with B&W floats and period appropriate "cinema organ," moving to the classic monster films of the 1930s and 1940s, to the westerns of the 1950s and 1960s, and then the blockbusters of the 1970s and beyond (Jaws, ET, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, etc, incorporating the score tracks); the parade ends with a "megafloat" of characters from Universal's most recent films (these can be easily swapped out) dancing to the new, original theme song for the parade (this is my bonus):

Tonight is the night when the stars come alive,
Come 'back to the future,' shift the car into drive!
Lights, camera, action!
It all starts tonight!
Adventure awaits when the stars come alive!

Silent magic, monstrous and tragic!
Tumbleweeds, a smoking gun!
Killer sharks, and a dinosaur park!
Here it comes, you better run!

Tonight is the night when the stars come alive!
The magic of Hollywood, lights shining bright!
Cut! That's a wrap! Have a wonderful night!
Adventure awaits when the stars come alive!
Love a good nighttime parade! And with control of the lighting I can really see effects like a black and white float working out really well. Your choice of era and themes was really smart too. A good way to encapsulate such a rich cinematic history into a more digestible format. B&W, monsters, westerns, blockbusters, and now. I really like the idea of a more variable finale too so new characters can be added. Keeps it from feeling too stale and keeps the parade actually up to date. Just for the record, since the song was a bonus I'm not counting it as a part of the actual project (that would push you way above 3 sentences anyways lol), but I love that you wrote a bit of music here! the song is really good and it shows how clear your vision for this is!

+1 Bonus - A fantastic original song!

CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT PARADE

horror-movie-crossovers-great-and-strange-1.jpg
Children of the Night Parade, as the name suggests, is a tribute to Universal's (and others) iconic catalogue of horror films and icons, split across three different sections. The Age of Shadows unit celebrates the Universal Monsters, who lure and entice us from their gothic spires, Frankenstein's lab, and the Parisian catacombs, whilst the Age of Blood celebrates the slashers of the 80s like Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Michael Myers, and Chucky as they prowl the parade route. The third unit, the Age of Fear, includes modern monsters, including Sadako Yamamura emerging from her well amongst other Japanese phantoms, whilst the ghouls of Blumhouse - the Lipstick Demon, Mr. Boogie, Babyface, and a dancing squad of M3GAN - bring this sinister soiree to a close.

This has a similar problem as @Muppetsfan#1 of being perhaps a bit too scary for a regular parade, but as a part of HHN or maybe as a night parade this would be perfect! I liked your division of the three eras. Rather than a focus of individual franchises or characters, you focus on those characters as one part in the larger landscape of Hollywood horror. You have a lot of characters here that I would almost say is overkill, but since they are all parts of a larger whole it works to have a wide variety of monsters.

+1 Bonus - That mash up is a bop

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1704603522113.png

Is there anything that will bring a smile to the faces of young and old alike more than a parade of Minions? Kevin and Stuart lead a double-file army of Minions through Universal Studios Orlando, with a centerpiece float carrying Felonious Gru (shouting his typical nonsense) while behind him, more Minions interact with guests along the way. Music associated with these storied characters (like the one below) accompanies their comic antics along the parade route.

Bonus Music:

Usually I wouldn't be into a single IP parade. And I'm not the biggest Despicable Me fan (although I stand by the first film being legitimately great). But this kinda works. I love a good gag, Minions are great for that. Perfect for antics and shenanigans and all that stuff that could make a parade really fun. I like how you describe it as more low key too. Almost reminds me of the march of the First Order disney used to do, but way goofier and with Gru on a float. A unique way to do a parade and a perfect use of minions.

+1 Bonus - I worked at a movie theater around the time Despicable Me 2 came out. There were motion poster screens in the lobby. Sometimes, those screens would show trailers too. Usually just for a month or two before release. That Banana Minion song was on there for over 6 months. Twice. It was on the loop twice. So, for six months for my entire shift every shift at work, I would hear that song every 20 minutes. I still have nightmares of it.
Scooby-Doo and the Monster Rally
View attachment 761595

Bringing together Universal’s love of monsters, Americans’ obsession of decked-out cars, and everybody’s favorite mystery-solving dog, “Scooby-Doo and the Monster Rally” parade at Universal Studios Orlando will surely excite guests of all ages. Based on the 1988 movie “Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf,” the parade starts with a couple of hunchbacks ("The Hunch Bunch") in a helicopter bringing Scooby-Doo and Norville Rogers (note: I can't use his nickname on here; also, there is no Scrappy-Doo so as to not annoy guests) to Transylvania to race against the scariest monsters. The following are many of the vehicles that come in procession: Werewolf Wagon, Freaky Frankenwagon, Slime Speedster (Swamp Thing), Couldron Coupé (Witch Sisters), Bone Bomber (Bonejangles the skeleton), Mummymobile, Split-Personality Special (Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Snyde), Dragon Dragster (Dragonfly), the Dracmobile (Dracula), and finally Scooby-Doo and Norville in the Double-Dyno Turbo Blaster (designed to resemble the Mystery Machine).

Music:
“Doing the Werewolf Rock” by Sven Libeak

Fascinating that we can't say Norville's name lol. I really love this idea! A great way to pull off monsters without being too intense for the kids who flock to parades. Sure, this is a single IP, but Scooby Doo is so classic and your focus is on all the monsters too so it isn't really just a parade about one show. The race car framing device is a lot of fun too. Reminds me a lot of the old Stars and Motorcars parade from hollywood Studios which has always been a favorite of mine. Its a strong framing device and a good way to make you parade stand out. I worry a bit that while this is a really fun monster parade, it isn't a great "Scooby Doo" parade as the characters are barely in it and none of the monsters featured are really iconic to the series. There might be some disappointment from guests excited for a scooby doo parade getting 90% just random monsters. That being said, the random monsters are really well utilized here and it makes for a great parade!

Also, off topic, I like Scrappy Doo. I realize I'm in the minority though lol

+1 Bonus - Gonna be stuck in my head for sure
DreamWorks' Dazzling Display
DreamWorks-Animation-Movies-957x550.jpg
A new nighttime parade, the DreamWorks Dazzling Display pulls from DreamWorks Animation's most beloved and colorful films and franchises. The parade features performers, music from the films, and grand parade floats where not only can you find iconic DreamWorks characters like King Julian, Po, and Megamind, but as well, colorfully light-up character cars and floats depicting iconic locations such as Far Far Away, Pop Village, and the Isle of Berk.
Bonus:
One of the songs featured as part of the Puss in Boots Float:

Making this a nighttime parade is a fun twist to help set it apart. And Dreamworks is SUCH an underutilized brand. A parade celebrating this titan of the animation industry is so well deserved. The focus on iconic locations for the floats is a fun touch too. Their world building (even if just in terms of the visuals and the tone if not the lore) is one of Dreamworks greatest strengths and one that gets overlooked quite often. I would love to see this!

+1 Bonus - That song has such an infectious energy to it

No Limit! Street Party

There’s a Street Party going on in Universal Studios Florida! In this stateside version of Universal Studios Japan’s popular No Limit! parade, parkgoers can invite themselves to the festivities as the likes of (but definitely unlimited to!) their favorite DreamWorks, Nicktoons, and Dr. Seuss friends, Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang, and the Minions (of course) bring music, color, and lights to the streets of New York and Production Central.
Bonus
Either of these tracks - or both - would lend themselves pretty well for a possible Hey Arnold! float, as Arnold and his classmates put on a play:

I like the idea of taking the No Limit vibe but making it unique to Florida. You don't say much beyond a few brand that would be present, but what you do communicate is the TONE which is often so much more important. A bright, vibrant, party where these iconic characters all come to play and sing and dance! Little touches like the colorful title do a lot to communicate what you're going for without using many words!

+1 Bonus - Those really do sound like perfect parade songs
Universal's Classical Cinema Celebration
View attachment 761681

The Universal Pictures fanfare is a central theme, remixed to complement other themes in the parade.

While many people know of Universal, this nighttime parade is about their history, chronologically going from the Phantom of the Opera and other monsters, the comedies and westerns less familiar to younger guests to blockbusters like ET and Jurassic Park, through the present Dreamworks and Illumination stars, all accompanied by projection mapping to immerse you in the worlds of these classics, and rekindle love for them into a new audience.

I like seeing different takes on the same idea from different people. And I won't hold any similarities to @imagineer97 and @Miru against you since in a game like this people are bound to sometimes post without reading everyone else's first. I like the twist of incorporating projection mapping into a parade. I feel like that really is the next evolution of nighttime parade and the only way to go bigger and more exciting than they already are! I love seeing that innovation and I love seeing the love letter to film history! The focus on not just celebrating the classics, but rekindling a love for them and bringing them to a new audience is a very sweet angle to go with the idea!

+1 Bonus - The fanfare is iconic! Including it only makes sense
The Kate Bush Cavalcade is a parade at Universal Orlando that brings the music of Kate Bush to life featuring hits like Wuthering Heights, Running Up That Hill, Moving, Hammer Horror, Wow, Babooshka, Sat In Your Lap, and more!

You asked for a song, but I’m giving the best album in the world, Hounds Of Love, released by Kate Bush in 1985!

Kate Bush parade was definitely not on my bingo card lol. It's a really interesting idea. Instead of using music to add to a parade, using a parade to experience music. I kinda love how experimental it is! And its exactly the kind of weird concept I could see Universal going with sorta like their Billie Elish and The Weeknd horror night houses. I don't know if Kate Bush would be on the top of the list for most popular artists to get the parade treatment, but she is getting a revival in popularity thanks to Stranger Things this meme. So, while not the most realistic choice of artist I could definitely see it.

+1 Bonus - Full disclosure, I only know Running Up that Hill. And I knew it from the two avocados meme before I heard the song. But listening through it the album is indeed excellent

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1704603559669.png

Jaws: The Parade

View attachment 761867

In 2012, the Jaws Attraction closed in Universal Studios Florida largely eliminating the ferocious Shark's visibility in the park outside of a small photo-op. Now, guests can enjoy a daily parade from tourists leaving the park, and heading to Amity Island to enjoy their Fourth of July Weekend complete with convertible cars, boats (driven on wheels in the parade), and all sorts of people celebrating the long weekend! As more and more boats and cars pass through, a larger version of the Orca is seen, complete with Quint, Hooper, and Brody, who look panicked that something is wrong; and surely, out of the back of the boat, a large Jaws animatronic pops out from under the boat to try and catch one of the three from the top/ front of the boat before hiding back away to scare the next round of guests.

Bonus:
Leading up to the final float, Jaws' classic theme can be heard throughout teasing the massive shark's arrival

This feels very "Universal" in a way that is tough to put into words. Like the Blue's Brothers car or Marilyn Monroe's car driving to their streetmosphere shows. Not a traditional parade, but a fun pop up show that adds life and energy to the park. That makes it feel like anything can happen at Universal and these iconic stars and characters have walked off the silver screen and into reality. It feels so natural. Plus, giving Jaws a presence in the park again would be great! The movie is a classic for a reason and still seems to be in the cultural conversation. The slow pace of a parade (even a non-traditional parade like this which feels almost more like a pop up show) is perfect for the building tension leading to the reveal of Bruce at the end.

+1 Bonus - One of the best scores of all time
the diagonal menagerie
fantastic beasts creatures list - Google Search | Libro de animales  fantasticos, Animales fantásticos pelicula, Bestias fantásticasIf you think the chaos, magic, and kinetics of Potter's sequel land is crazy enough, it only gets crazier with Universal's festive new parade addition: The Diagonal Menagerie! With magical parade floats and costumed Fantastic Beasts turning around the corner near the Bourne stage, the story goes that after Newt Scamander's mystical suitcase was accidentally opened in the middle of the Magical Menagerie shop in Diagon Alley, the fantastic creatures from the suitcase, including Bowtruckles, Nifflers, Occamy, and Demiguises had escaped with the shop pets into the busy London area. Featuring five parade floats (with the first four subtly themed to the four houses in Hogwarts) and many walking beasts, the animals march festively across dreary Muggle London before being ushered back into Newt's (now giant) suitcase- the final parade float and the last thing muggles see before the rambunctious animals disappear behind King's Cross station...

BONUS: Click Image for music (listen while you read!)
This is a very fun idea. The big puppets and floats for the enchanted creatures would make for some really striking and exciting visuals as they go down the street. I also appreciate that there is a story of sorts to the parade that gives it a reason to happen, grounds it, and explains the wizarding world breaking out of its specific land. There really is a lot to love here! I question a bit the realism of a Fantastic Beasts and where to Find them parade considering the series kinda tanked and unceremoniously ended early due to poor box office and poor critical reception. Not to mention controversial nature of the whole franchise right now. There's a reason Epic Universe cut their Potter land down to the minimum they were contractually obligated to still do. BUT the focus being on the fun creature design with the connections to the prequel series or the Potter world as a whole being loose help this to really stand on its own without much of the baggage the franchise has (which is ironic consider your final float is literally baggage)

+1 Bonus - John Williams. What else is there to say?
Five Nights Fear Fest 83'

Based entirely around the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, Universals new nighttime parade is a(n abridged) journey through the events of the games*. From Fazbears Family Diner and the golden era of Freddy and Bonny to Circus Baby's Pizza World, Fall Fest 83' all the way through the Glamrock animatronics and S.T.A.F.F bots each float will focus on a different milestone of what happens after one (purple) man decides to go off the deep end. Due to this being a nighttime parade, floats will have an array of lighting effects, screens, and even pyrotechnics. (because it's not FNAF if someone isn't trying to fix their problems with arson)

View attachment 761962

Lofi beats to get shoved into an animatronic suit too
*(ONLY THE GAMES NOT THE BOOKS THIS IS FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST MATPAT)
Fun Fact! This parade's debut keeps getting delayed because of debates of the canon timeline order for the floats :p

This is a tough one because my instinct is to say that a whole fnaf parade is maybe a bit too unrealistic, but it was the biggest horror movie of last year and the series is definitely a modern pop culture icon at this point. But then again is it at the point to justify a single IP parade? I'm not quite sure but I can say that on a personal level this makes me go "Yay! Woohoo! Yipee!" The cartoony nature of the franchise keeps this from having the same "this might be too scary for a parade" issue that other horror themes have. Plus, it's at night which helps a lot too. Overall, a very cool fnaf parade, just not quite sure if fnaf is quite big enough yet.

+1 Bonus - Sadly not actually Lofi, but very fun

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

This was seriously the hardest round to judge. I know everyone always says that, but this time I legitimately mean that this was a very very very close race lol

wfH4MNC.png

@cdunlap - Kate Bush Calvacade

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Honestly was very close to the top 3, but wound up going with other parades. I really do love the idea of a parade based around a musician and that almost experimental inversion of the formula

fi8BZ2h.png

@AceAstro - Jaws: The Parade

I want to recognize how clever your twist on the parade format is making it more of a pop up show or streetmosphere that builds to an exciting finale. Really great and unique AND the perfect showcase for an iconic film

oUugaAj.png

@Brer Panther - Pandemonium Cartoon Circus Parade

A great tribute to Universal history and a great throwback to classic toons. These might not be the most relevant characters, but they've stood the test of time! Plus, the framing device of the circus train is what really sold this. Made the whole parade feel cohesive rather than just a collection of cool floats like Universal parades usually are.

1704604333121.png

@ThemeParkPriest - Scooby-Doo and the Monster Rally

Using Scooby Doo and some over the top race cars as a framing device for a calvacade of creepy creatures while keeping the whole thing the fun & goofy kind of spooky. Brilliant! A simple idea executed well

Wondering where everyone stands on the leaderboard?
Curious how many points you have?
Intrigued by the question "Can Pi count?"

Find out tomorrow!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Five
Launch the Bays

qVcrgWl.png

Welcome one and all to the fifth prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Imagineering, Joe Disney!

Star Wars Launch Bay was a temporary attraction set up right after Disney bought Lucasfilm to get some Star Wars in the park ASAP. This was a very simple walkthrough featuring props and some simple exhibits themed to Star Wars with the only real draw being the meet & greets with Star Wars characters. Now that Galaxy's Edge has opened, Launch Bay isn't really needed anymore. On the East Coast at least, it is always abandoned no matter how busy the park is. The characters you can meet there aren't even exclusive to launch bay and can be seen in Galaxy's Edge!

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at Star Wars Launch Bay)

It's time to finally replace these temporary attractions with a new ride! The one in Disneyland has more space to work with and is in the heart of Tomorrowland which desperately needs some help. The one in Hollywood Studios is in the old Animation building at the back of Animation Courtyard which is an area also in need of revitalization.

-Challenge-
Pitch a new Ride to replace Star Wars Launch Bay in either Tomorrowland in Disneyland or Animation Courtyard in Hollywood Studios

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Disney has access to or would realistically license. This does take place in present day so all current Disney IP is fair game​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Wednesday, January 10th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Holiday Overlay?
More like Holiday Over-YAY!
Nailed it

Include a Holiday Overlay for your ride. Doesn't matter which holiday. Heck make up one if you want! Just give your ride a bit of festive flair for part of the year
You may use 1 Sentence and 1 Picture
This bonus results in automatic bonus point
(Remember, the bonus is just for fun. It doesn't effect the rankings. You get a point for doing anything)

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

DisneyManOne

Once Upon a Studio

1180w_600h_OUAS_Obscure_00.jpg

Inspired by the acclaimed short film made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Disney animation, this all-new dark ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios allows us humble guests to step inside the picture frame and through the history of animation. Mickey and Minnie are our guides, taking us through seminal moments in the history of Disney animation -- from Steamboat Willie and Snow White, to the Renaissance and the rise of CGI; all brought to life through projections, animatronics and detailed sets. Naturally, the finale is a reenactment of the short's emotional climax, wherein the characters band together and sing "When You Wish Upon a Star."

BONUS:

b0f947c39d4cb722b4d75e02ef43f095.jpg

During the holiday season, the ride becomes a tribute to the various ways Christmas has been celebrated at WDAS; featuring scenes such as "The Nutcracker Suite" from Fantasia, "Once Upon a Wintertime" from Melody Time, Lady and the Tramp, The Small One, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Prep & Landing and Frozen, and the ending serenade replaces "When You Wish" with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."

spacemt354

Chili's
Walt Disney's Journey Into Animation
maxresdefault.jpg

Replacing Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios will be a dark ride through the years of Disney animation in the spirit of the Great Movie Ride. Narrated via recordings of Walt Disney's love of animation and vision of the future, guests will board their vehicles "paintbrushes" and travel from the first Disney animated film in Snow White, traversing through the years, riding through scenes from Pinocchio, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, Tangled, Frozen, Moana, Encanto, and more.

The attraction will culminate in a look to the future of Disney animation and the post-show area will include an interactive drawing environment where you the guests get to animate the next Disney classic.

Holiday Overlay:
For Thanksgiving, the ride will project the names of all the artists who worked on each of the films in the transition scenes to honor them.​

In the Parks
No
The Time Traveling Academy/"How to Time Travel" starring Goofy
Taking the place of the former Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland in Disneyland is a brand new attraction in which guests will join Goofy in his first field training mission of the Time Traveling Academy.

Taking place in a circular Time Machine (2/3 of the circle taken up by seats, 1/3 by open stage area), a live actor in an animatronic-headed Goofy costume leads the guests on a rip-rollicking journey through time with various stops in which animatronic/live actors enter the time machine and interact with Goofy; the time machine theater, while it does not physically move, will have seat effects and rotating wall effects that simulate movement (not intense).

The Time Machine may have stops at the locations such as: the Cretaceous Period (resulting in a brief encounter with an animatronic dinosaur through an opening in the wall), Early Mankind (with a Caveman Goofy paying a visit and interacting with our host), Medieval Times (with a jousting tournament of knights dashing through), the Old West (Goofy accidentally lands the time machine right in the middle of a bandits vs sheriff shootout).

Time Traveler Academy.png

BONUS: At Christmas, the Time Traveler Academy is converted into a Christmas Around the World attraction, with various Santa traditions coming to life as live actors portray Kris Kringle in his various cultural forms (**could use the Santa Clauses IP, but I'd rather they didn't!).

***PS, Disney, if you want to put this in WDW, I know of a vacant Tomorrowland building with circular theater spaces that are just waiting for something new...***

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom