One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Adventures with Baymax

Replacing Star Wars Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios is Adventures with Baymax, a dark ride that has guests boarding San Fransokyo Trolley Cars to follow Baymax as he explores the city to check in on his friends. Find Fred practicing his mascot skills outside his mansion, GoGo working on her Bike at SFIT, Honey Lemon relaxing at the Lucky Cat Cafe, Wasabi reading in the park, and Hiro bot fighting in the back alleys as you explore San Fransokyo. With a mix of physical location props and screens for the character interactions this allows the ride to be updated quickly between normal and "Holiday" specials.

Bonus:
For the entire month of February, Adventures with Baymax is celebrating cats with an overlay changing the ride from checking in on friends to chasing after Mochi the cat who has escaped to go on a San Fransokyo adventure himself.

baymax-hairy-baby-big-hero-6-disney-cat.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CnSJFPk.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Once Upon a Studio

1180w_600h_OUAS_Obscure_00.jpg

Inspired by the acclaimed short film made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Disney animation, this all-new dark ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios allows us humble guests to step inside the picture frame and through the history of animation. Mickey and Minnie are our guides, taking us through seminal moments in the history of Disney animation -- from Steamboat Willie and Snow White, to the Renaissance and the rise of CGI; all brought to life through projections, animatronics and detailed sets. Naturally, the finale is a reenactment of the short's emotional climax, wherein the characters band together and sing "When You Wish Upon a Star."

BONUS:

b0f947c39d4cb722b4d75e02ef43f095.jpg

During the holiday season, the ride becomes a tribute to the various ways Christmas has been celebrated at WDAS; featuring scenes such as "The Nutcracker Suite" from Fantasia, "Once Upon a Wintertime" from Melody Time, Lady and the Tramp, The Small One, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Prep & Landing and Frozen, and the ending serenade replaces "When You Wish" with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."
This is a very simple idea, but not in a bad way. It is such a perfect fit for Studios and the short would translate beautifully into a dark ride. It's such an obvious choice that it feels odd this wasn't greenlit months ago! This would be an absolute slam dunk expanding on what Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway did for the park's theme while also evolving the classic studio vibe. Great blend of old and new much like the short itself!

+1 Bonus - Very sweet overlay!
Walt Disney's Journey Into Animation
maxresdefault.jpg

Replacing Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios will be a dark ride through the years of Disney animation in the spirit of the Great Movie Ride. Narrated via recordings of Walt Disney's love of animation and vision of the future, guests will board their vehicles "paintbrushes" and travel from the first Disney animated film in Snow White, traversing through the years, riding through scenes from Pinocchio, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, Tangled, Frozen, Moana, Encanto, and more.

The attraction will culminate in a look to the future of Disney animation and the post-show area will include an interactive drawing environment where you the guests get to animate the next Disney classic.

Holiday Overlay:
For Thanksgiving, the ride will project the names of all the artists who worked on each of the films in the transition scenes to honor them.​
This feels very epcot and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. It feels like a classic EPCOT "History of..." dark ride in the veign of World of Motion, Horizons, or Spaceship Earth. But taking that formula and applying it to a new park's theme. Combing the mix of education, entertainment, and most of all inspiration that style of ride is so good at with the legacy, whimsy, and magic of Disney animation. It's brilliant! Even down to the post show and the narrator. Which I can't neglect mentioning Walt Disney as the narrator through archive audio! That would add so much weight and meaning to it all

+1 Bonus - A neat idea to give the creators credits and a fun idea to give them "thanks" for the holidays
The Time Traveling Academy/"How to Time Travel" starring Goofy
Taking the place of the former Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland in Disneyland is a brand new attraction in which guests will join Goofy in his first field training mission of the Time Traveling Academy.

Taking place in a circular Time Machine (2/3 of the circle taken up by seats, 1/3 by open stage area), a live actor in an animatronic-headed Goofy costume leads the guests on a rip-rollicking journey through time with various stops in which animatronic/live actors enter the time machine and interact with Goofy; the time machine theater, while it does not physically move, will have seat effects and rotating wall effects that simulate movement (not intense).

The Time Machine may have stops at the locations such as: the Cretaceous Period (resulting in a brief encounter with an animatronic dinosaur through an opening in the wall), Early Mankind (with a Caveman Goofy paying a visit and interacting with our host), Medieval Times (with a jousting tournament of knights dashing through), the Old West (Goofy accidentally lands the time machine right in the middle of a bandits vs sheriff shootout).

View attachment 761971

BONUS: At Christmas, the Time Traveler Academy is converted into a Christmas Around the World attraction, with various Santa traditions coming to life as live actors portray Kris Kringle in his various cultural forms (**could use the Santa Clauses IP, but I'd rather they didn't!).

***PS, Disney, if you want to put this in WDW, I know of a vacant Tomorrowland building with circular theater spaces that are just waiting for something new...***
It is shocking to me that there's not been more time travel stuff at Tomorrowlands around the world. Seems like such an obvious choice and yet they never seem to do anything with it. Not only have you utilized this vastly under-utilized sci-fi concept, but you've done it in an incredibly unqiue and fun way! A mix of live stage show with animatronics and special effects reminds me a lot of T2 3D from Universal, but done in a way that emphasizes the chaotic comedy rather than the action and brings the concept into the modern era of theme park design. A very fun show!

+1 Bonus - Love the "Santas" from the different countries the do at Epcot, bringing that concept to the west coast for a show would be a lot of fun!

Mission: Incredible!

The “Screenslaver” is once again on the loose in Metroville, and it’s up to the Incredibles - and guests! - to save the day! Can they - and we - bring them to justice?

Using the same SCOOP-esque system as the upcoming Peter Pan E-ticket in Tokyo DisneySea’s Fantasy Springs and combining giant projection screens with elaborate physical sets, advanced Audio-Animatronics, and an influx of physical and digital/3D effects, this incredible superhero adventure (replacing Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios) is not to be missed!

Bonus
During the holiday season, the attraction’s exterior - and perhaps the facades of the buildings of Metroville - gain a bit of special Christmas decorations.
Using the updated version of SCOOP being developed for Tokyo for an action packed Incredibles E-Ticket would be amazing! As a huge Incredibles fan I want to ride this so much! I worry that between the similarity of the ride system and the similar super hero theme if you might be inviting too many comparisons to Spiderman down the road. Putting this in Disneyland instead or using Nomanisan Island as a location might help it feel more unique. But that is honestly just a nitpick because this ride would be so great and what I've wanted since I first saw the movie in theaters!

+1 Bonus - Simple, yet festive. I like it!
View attachment 761978
Hey Joe, let’s convert the old Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios into a new ride that combines a manually controlled two-person simulator with virtual reality goggles allowing guests to RACE TO THE FINISH in environments (they select) from their favorite Disney/Pixar/Star Wars/Avatar characters. Imagine being able to replicate a race from Cars, join Bob and Helen Parr as the Incredibles chase an evil robot, follow Luke and Han as they once again take on the Death Star, or even meet up with Mickey and Minnie on a personalized runaway railroad experience. The possibilities are endless, but the fun is guaranteed.

BONUS: At Christmastime, in addition to the other options available, guests can choose to join Santa on a virtual reality Race from the North Pole.
I like that this feels almost like a modern take on a Disney Quest experience. Very variable, but with a simple core that could be a lot of fun and a good way to utilize some cutting edge technology. Capacity for something like this would be tough and it might not be able to handle the crowds in a park as busy as Studios. Issues like that are why VR was phased out of most parks that added them. But if the capacity problems could be worked out this would be a blast! Pretty much infinitely rerideable and infinitely iterative so it can always be expanded. It feels a little out of place at Hollywood Studios. The high tech nature of it might have actually fit better in the Disneyland spot especially considering how much this already feels like a suped up Innoventions exhibit and that is where the west coast innoventions used to be. But bottom line wherever this is built it is sure to be an instant hit and a fan favorite!

+1 Bonus - Run, run rudolph Santa's gotta win!
How to Become an Animator: Starring Goofy
View attachment 761979
Hey, Joe, let’s replace that temporary looking Star Wars Launch Bay attraction at DHS with a new dark ride (with some spinning action) themed to Goofy and classic Disney animation, acting as an east coast version of Disneyland's Roger Rabbit. You see, Goofy wants to become an animator, but he ends up failing miserably in this ride which sees him crashing into classic Disney drawings and spilling over easels, paint cans, and pencils. His first attempt at drawing is umm.. strange; watch as Goofy learns how to be a better animator (and maybe teach the youngsters about becoming a Disney animator) in this new, upcoming ride.

Bonus:
View attachment 761980
For April Fools Day, Goofy gets replaced by Rick Astley, and the entire ride is now about this weird mismatch of classic Disney animation and the song Never Gonna Give You Up, everything else stays the same.
A dark ride based on Goofy's "How To..." shorts is a fantastic idea. A gag filled ride stumbling through Disney "drawings" is a fantastic idea. A way to bring back the concept of the old animation building by turning it into an madcap adventure that captures the tone while being more appealing to modern theme park audiences is a fantastic idea. Doing all three at once is a GREAT idea!

+1 Bonus - Perfection

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CnSJFPk.png

Eddie Valiant Crime Stoppers
Replacing Star Wars Launchbay is the newest animated property coming to Hollywood Studios, the world of Roger Rabbit has come to the park in this coaster/interactive dark ride. We help Eddie valiant and Roger stopping crime through toontown as they try to stop the notorious criminal, stinky Pete, we use cartoon guns that are none lethal (I know someone was going to say so I just put it in there) to take down criminals and send them to jail. The coaster part of the ride would be the high speed car chases and the interactive dark ride parts would be shootouts and fights.

Bonus:
Basically just toontown during Christmas time and Roger Rabbit with a Santa beard.
I know there are real life rights issues or whatever that make it a bit more complicated, but its just crazy to me that there isn't a bigger presence of Roger Rabbit in Studios considering how perfect a fit it is and how much of a classic it is. I'm not sure how well blending a shooter and a coaster would work. I feel like the guns flinging around might be a safety hazard unless they had very limited motion or the coaster was slow. I worry that in trying to do both it would take away from each. BUT I also feel like this is a "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" situation where even if you had to make it a very limited shooter dark ride or a very tame coaster, the experience as a whole would be such a cool complete package! I love the nod to Studios history with the references to the old Richard Tracy ride concept

+1 Bonus - Simple yet jolly
Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek
View attachment 761983
I've felt for a while now that Animation Courtyard, now that it's flagship attraction has been closed for (if my math is correct) ten years, could easily be turned into Monstropolis (Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite PIXAR movies, so that's probably a factor in why). And Disney's Hollywood Studios certainly needs more capacity and attractions without a height requirement and family-friendly dark rides (not everyone is a thrill-seeker, after all), so why NOT bring a clone of this Tokyo Disneyland attraction to Walt Disney World? You could even include references to Monsters University and Monsters At Work for some sweet sweet Disney Plus synergy.

BONUS: During the holiday season, Monstropolis is decked out in Christmas decorations and every Sulley animatronic gains a Santa hat.
First off, mostly off topic, love that you included Monsters at Work. It wasn't perfect, but sitcoms always take time to find their footing and it really was a very promising animated sitcom with a mostly likable cast and a lot of potential! Back on topic, Monstropolis is a natural fit for Studios and a great way to transition from the more grounded/urban settings of Hollywood Blvd/Sunset Blvd to Toy Story Land and the other immersive movie worlds. As a fan of the move studio theme that's been mostly abandoned already I'd be sad to see the courtyard go but it definitely does make sense. Cloning the ride from Tokyo also makes a lot of sense and would be a really easy win for Disney! It doesn't make for a super fun project for a game like this though. The ride was the point of the pitch this round, and the ride you pitched isn't your's. It makes the most sense and is a great idea! But the fun of these games is to show off what makes you and your ideas unique!

+1 Bonus - Simple, yet Ho Ho Ho
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Mayhem 4D
Roger - Roger Rabbit Face Png PNG Image | Transparent PNG Free Download on  SeekPNG

Replacing Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios, Roger Rabbit inviting the guests to Maroon Studios for his new cartoon short starring Roger Rabbit and Baby Herman "Bombing Hare" premiere but things goes wrong brings wacky comedy effects such as ACME gag products causes the filming set goes crazy. 15 minute film will have 4D effects such as water, smoke, smell effect, fire effect and more.

This collaboration between Disney and Amblin will bring Roger Rabbit back to his popular at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Holiday Overlay Bonus:
Roger Rabbit's Wacky Jolly Christmas Adventure 4D

Maroon Studios is celebrating Christmas season during 1940s Hollywood, there was a new Roger Rabbit short was about to premiere called "The Night Before Rabbit Ruins Christmas" starring Roger Rabbit and Baby Herman.

But Roger and his friends got called from North Pole that Santa Claus hurts his leg during Christmas Eve, so Roger, Benny, Baby Herman and Jessica are on trip to North Pole where Santa Claus accidentally hurt his legs during Christmas Eve night.

So he leads Roger Rabbit to be as Santa replacement to delivering all presents to the Toons of Toontown during Christmas Eve night.
Welcome to the game!

Studios has a lot of shows, but that doesn't mean there's not room for one more considering their all ages appeal and high capacity. Plus, this sounds like a blast! It fits the studios theme perfectly and the concept of being the "live studio audience" for a cartoon film shoot is a lot of fun! This would be a great way to give Roger a bigger presence both in Florida and in Studios which is richly deserved!

+1 Bonus - Technically the bonus was only meant to be one sentence long, but since they're more or less just for fun I'll still count it lol
DisneyTVA.svg

Disney Channel: Shattered Dimensions

A ride about the various Walt Disney Television Animation properties, Disney Channel and otherwise, over the years, from the pre-Disney Afternoon era all the way to today’s additions to the lineup, including nods to many lesser-known series not majorly featured on the attraction, with the queue being a timeline of Walt Disney Television Animation’s productions, before you get into your 3-person omnimover vehicles, named for beloved WDTA characters like Perry, Max Goof, Star Butterfly, Luz, Grunkle Stan, Darkwing Duck, and more, and heading on your way. This omnimover will then take you on a gliding, spinning journey into Mewni, the Boiling Isles, Saint Canard, Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, Duckburg, the big island of Hawaii, Gravity Falls, and the dark shadows of New York City on a free-wheeling adventure among WDTA’s best, battling against its worst, none other than the dreaded Pickle and Peanut, inadvertently unleashed by Launchpad McQuack when playing around with Hekapoo’s scissors when they were dating, so defeating the detestable duo and their even sicker sempai Shorty McShort will be the best way Launchpad’s relationship can get an upgrade. After you finish, a new store devoted to the television animation IP awaits you, with pins, plush, and more.

Bonus: for the Holiday season, Hekapoo decides to give Launchpad a Christmas gift, but is pursued by Ducktales villain Wendigo through the scenes in her search for a good gift.
I'm pretty loose about grammar so this won't be held against you, but ya got two run on sentences and then a third sentence that just says "there's a store" so another pass through to streamline your pitch might help it come across abit clearer. Sometimes less is more and extra details can make it harder to follow. Also, off topic, are Hekapoo and Launchpad dating? Did I miss a Disney Chibi Tiny Tale about that? Because that is cute and oddly kinda works lol. Normally I might not that Hekapoo is a bit too obscure to anchor something like this, but she's really only used as a framing device with Launchpad (who's been at least semi-popular for 30 years) as the real lead which is perfect for a ride like this. Omnimovers are a bit slow paced for such a wacky idea, but the capacity an omnimover would add to Studios is worth it. You can never go wrong with a fun Disney Channel crossover!

+1 Bonus - I like the inversion of the the story for the holiday version

GALAXY GARDENS

movie03_ss07.jpg

In an imaginary transformation of Tomorrowland into a solarpunk themed expo and spaceport, Galaxy Gardens is introduced as a new trackless dark ride through an interactive alien biome of amazing out of this world plant life, some wild, some sentient, but all weirdly beautiful.

Within the petal-shaped biome of trees glittering with stardust, guests board the various areas in wooden vehicles, accompanied by "flora-lights" that can alter the environment of each area - one full of crystal plants that shimmer with rainbows and appear to emanate music through the wind, a luminescent jungle zone full of weird and dangerous alien-eating plants, an strange room where gravity allows plants to grow on floating pieces of meteor, and an artificial swamp complete with alien amphibians called Boggbouncers.

The grand finale takes guests into the room of the Stellarum Rosa, the rarest plant in the cosmos, which contains a gorgeous bloom that resembles a dazzling, miniature galaxy, igniting the other plants in the greenhouse like the night sky has come to life around us.

Bonus: Bring Your Employee-Eating Plant To Work Day -- The alien scientists attempt to customise to Earthling holidays by bringing man-eating plants for the holidays in the shape of Christmas trees and wreaths.
Solarpunk Tomorrowland anchored by a trackless dark ride through alien plants? Sounds awesome! You've got a lot of story and lore here and it is clear that there is much more in your head waiting to be written that just the three sentences you have here. I would potentially advise adding some sort of conflict to the story. Perhaps a carnivorous plant attacks or a dangerous fungus that needs to be contained. But then again Navi River Journey exists as a purely vibes based experience and that is what this reminds me of. NRJ but expanded into a more complete tour of different environments. Love it!

+1 Bonus - Carnivorous Christmas plants? A @MANEATINGWREATH if you will?
The Fantasia Experience
At Disney's Hollywood Studios
View attachment 762066

Replacing Star Wars Launch Bay will be a captivating and immersive multimedia experience based off of Walt Disney Animation's Fantasia duology. A rotating selection of segments from both movies will be shown in the new Fantasia Theater and be enhanced with 4D elements such as changes in temperature, physical effects, and added scents. Sporadically throughout the year, the theater will be subject to live performances of orchestras playing along to either film in full.

Bonus: During the holiday season, the "Nutcracker Suite" segment from the original Fantasia will be shown in the theater.

(Also, heya folks! I don't think I've done any imagineering since before COVID hit lol, decided to check back on the forum and seeing this thread made me want to come out of retirement, can't wait for the rest of the comp!)​
Welcome back and welcome to the game!

An immersive 4D multimedia viewing of Fantasia sounds like a transcendent experience. I don't see this being a smash hit with the general public, but for those who would "get it" this would quickly shoot up to the top of their list of favorite attractions at all of WDW. A magnificent can't miss experience for animation nerds and people with Letterboxd accounts. Special showing featuring a live orchestra (something Studios used to experiment with with the Pixar Orchestra show) would take this to the next level and rotating the shorts would keep this feeling fresh for years to come!

+1 Bonus - A very simple yet fun way to update this for the holiday season

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CnSJFPk.png

Wall-E’s World of Robots
Coming to Disneyland is “WALL-E’s World of Robots”--a two-story Omnimover ride that places guests in the futuristic world set slightly after the 2008 Pixar movie WALL-E. Guests will see WALL-E sorting through rubbish, trying to impress EVE as she identifies the new plants that are growing up, and then making the rounds on the massive cruise spaceship Axiom. The narrator mentions that robots must be programmed in a way that serves (and not enslaves) humans as they see a reconfigured AUTOPILOT working now as a hairstylist.

9GNVH-4NIChCBLt-jWRenJuWpbvtET3xxIpi44OtpckGzXF4AY78ys8IbPCu6eQwmiA4GfqFNobpW5wMbXzlmLW_7fu8oWEni9-s6ukuDl0o5Vj9hil_GUqwni_VF7SI-u5TeFWRXjd2QBrJwQExcH4

Christmas overlay: At Christmastime, WALL-E pushes presents, EVE gets excited over a Christmas tree, and AUTOPILOT is great at putting up a Christmas wreath.
This might sound like an insult but I promise I don't mean it as one: This reminds me a lot of Seas with Nemo or Frozen Ever After. A sequel plot to the movie and an original story but one set up to still hit all the iconic moments from the film without just being a book report. It's the characters doing similar things in similar places but still following a new path. I think this approach can work really well when done right and Wall-e is a perfect fit for it. Plus, Omnimovers add so much capacity while being a great fit for the slower more environmental pace of Wall-e. I worry about the lack of conflict or a plot with it just being a tour to check in on the robots we know and love. It might lead to it feeling slightly underwhelming or anti-climactic the way Frozen Ever After does. But strong enough vibes or a strong enough thematic throughline can carry a ride even without much plot (look at Haunted Mansion or Navi river Journey or Spaceship Earth). And Wall-e is an IP that lends itself to a more vibe based experience

+1 Bonus - A fun couple of additions
Walt Disney's Tomorrowland

View attachment 762466
Serving as a thesis statement of sorts for Disneyland's Tomorrowland, this Omnimover museum ride focuses on the history of futurism with the Walt Disney Company, from Garco to C-3PO, how the company has moved technology forward and influenced pop culture's science fiction trends, as well as spotlighting other tech gifted creators such as Ward Kimball and George Lucas who showed us what tomorrow may look like and helped indirectly guide us there.

Bonus:

This ride has a Earth Day overlay for the month of April focusing on the more recent push to more eco-friendly robots and environmental causes, in particular Wall-E and Baymax View attachment 762468
This feels very EPCOT which is fitting for Disneyland's Tomorrowland which really was the prototype for what the EPCOT park would go on to be. Feels like an updated and more modern take on the first section of Horizons. A History of the Future is a strong concept for an omnimover and one that would add a lot to Disneyland with the park's focus on history and Walt's legacy. I could nitpick the name calling the ride Walt Disney's Tomorrowland when the land it is in is Tomorrowland, but I'm so bad with names that I will literally never count names against anyone. I wanna shout out that you mix the pop culture futurism with the actual technological advancements highlighting how they intersect. That's a cool concept!

+1 Bonus - Wall-e for Earth Day. Perfect!
The City of a Million Dreamers
2b4f3b33942570a138418fa480edd1a0.jpg
As part of Disneyland Tomorrowland's much needed overhaul, Star Wars Launch Bay is removed in favor of The City of a Million Dreamers, the thesis statement of the new, retro-futurism based Tomorrowland. This attraction is a suspended dark ride much like TDS' 20K Leagues and takes guests through a guided tour of Tomorrowland's busy metropolis, showcasing the tinkerers and designers hard at work and how their crafts play a major part of the citizens' lives, including inspiring many others to go out and follow their own dreams. Comparable to Efteling's Dreamflight, there are scenes that show the people working, playing, and living in the city as well as dioramas that capture the bustling environment that is The City of a Million Dreamers.
Bonus:
motorola.jpg

During the Christmas Season, The City of a Million Dreamers takes part, becoming The City of a Million Lights, revolving around the spread of hope and goodwill across the city.
This isn't specific to you, but it's a real testament to how much help Disneyland's Tomorrowland needs that this is like the 4th project to pitch a ride as a centerpiece for a complete land overhaul lol

I love the idea of a Tomorrowland ride themed to the city of Tomorrowland. Exploring the retrofuturistic city from above and soaring through. Reminiscent of the best parts of Horizons, but without feeling like a copy. The way you describe it paints a picture with very few words of an almost fly on the wall experience exploring the world you created. Equal parts intimate and grand!

+1 Bonus - Take the city from the ride, decorate it for the holidays, add some Christmas themes. Perfect
The Pandoran Experience
View attachment 762484
In February of 2023, Bob Iger teased an Avatar Experience coming to the Disneyland resort with no real details on the scale and size, when Disneyland doesn’t really have size/ room to spare. To fix it, the Launch Bay building gets a new facade representing the floating mountains and gets completed gutted to be turned into the Pandoran Experience, a walk through interactive experience where guests leave earth and travel to the world of Pandora. Interactive displays showcasing characters and animals from the movie can be found throughout the entrance area leading to walk up to an Ikran Rookery, in and out of the building up the floating mountains (using the space left from the second floor), past various other animals and plant life seen in the movies, to the top where guests come face to face with a large, life-like Animatronic Ikran, like the one seen in Singapore.

BONUS: Around Christmas, the experience gets a small overlay where the animals through the attraction, including the final Ikran, wear Santa hats for the month of December
View attachment 762499
I like the idea of this because it feels a lot like you're just going "What if we did the Launch Bay but actually good and Avatar themed" which is not a bad idea at all and a great way to honor the history of the space with its love of interactive exhibits and walkthroughs. Giving guests a slice of Pandora to explore and then capping it off with an impressive Ikran figure serving as a sci-fi equivalent to Paris's dragon. Love it! It would've been easy (and possibly better) to do this exact same concept but as a dark ride instead of a walkthrough, but the way you executed the idea is way more interesting to me. And sometimes in games like this being interesting and unique is better than being "better" for the real world. It's a tough line to walk between blue sky passion project and the IRL best option and I think you walked that tight rope beautifully here.

+1 Bonus - Yes! They should do the same thing with the Yeti on Everest
TRON: CYCLES OF LIGHTView attachment 762510
Rolling right into the bright skies of a new Tomorrowland is the epic virtual reality thrill ride- Tron: Cycles of Light, replacing the outdated Star Wars Launch Bay and being the thesis of a discovery/motion-typed future. Maintaining the existing disc shape (now performing as a giant identity disk), guests will enter the building into what is now a double-decker, high-speed carousel, with about 40 tron "light cycles" on each floor, which can move, shift, and shudder when the game begins, only happening once a cast member "Program" wheels a cart filled with "safety goggles" when the guests are strapped in, unfortunately taking some time but made up for by the high capacity. Once everyone is strapped in, the virtual reality tech brings guests into a high-speed thrilling race (that moves because of the carousel configuration) in Tron City, narrowly avoiding opponent trails (orange on the first floor, blue on the second), throwing Identity Disks, and touring the visual spectacles of a digital city.

View attachment 762514Bonus: During the Halloween season, the ride is rethemed towards Tron: Virus Hyperdrive, where guests are now racing away from a chilling, yellow-black virus (similar to Abraxas) taking over Tron City, and looking for an exit portal to escape the malfunctioning system.
Tron is one of my all time favorite IPs. Fell in love the first time I played Kingdom Hearts 2 and never looked back. I've got the extended edition DVD of the original and I used to make my friends watch the leaked TR2N test footage from years before Tron Legacy was officially announced. I'm even the type of nerd that loves the original more than Legacy. Point is, Lightcycles make me happy and thus this pitch makes me happy. There's a lot of safe and simple way to do lightcycles, but you found a really unique way to do it. The mix of VR and carousel with some simulator elements thrown in is awesome! The actual physical sensation of goin around the large carousel would add a lot to make the simulator feel more real and tactile. Plus, the concerns about capacity for this kind of ride were addressed by having the two levels going as sort of two separate theaters. I love the vibe of this as sort of a flat ride evolved into a D-Ticket. I was a little unclear on the ride system though. Are the individual bikes on motion bases? Or is the motion done through more simple mechanical means like how carousel horses bob up and down? Your unique ride system is a big focus of your pitch which is great, but there's a few unanswered questions that a quick reference to something similar in the real world might have helped

+1 Bonus - Love a more intense Halloween version!
The Community Of Tomorrow is a ride taking guests through Walt's EPCOT.
Short, sweet, and to the point. A ride through the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow is a great concept that blends sci-fi fun with Disney history in a way that is perfect for Disneyland. Plus, I'm sure you knew if not this is a funn coincidence, this building is where the EPCOT city model was displayed for years making this a great nod to the building's past while evolving it for the future. Love it! A sliiiight bit more (even just one more word) to say what kind of ride this ride is would be helpful. But this really shows that you don't need much for this game to make a great pitch!
Adventures with Baymax

Replacing Star Wars Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios is Adventures with Baymax, a dark ride that has guests boarding San Fransokyo Trolley Cars to follow Baymax as he explores the city to check in on his friends. Find Fred practicing his mascot skills outside his mansion, GoGo working on her Bike at SFIT, Honey Lemon relaxing at the Lucky Cat Cafe, Wasabi reading in the park, and Hiro bot fighting in the back alleys as you explore San Fransokyo. With a mix of physical location props and screens for the character interactions this allows the ride to be updated quickly between normal and "Holiday" specials.

Bonus:
For the entire month of February, Adventures with Baymax is celebrating cats with an overlay changing the ride from checking in on friends to chasing after Mochi the cat who has escaped to go on a San Fransokyo adventure himself.

View attachment 762534
Very cute ride and the San Fransokyo setting would be right at home with the SoCal themes at Studios. Using Baymax as the host rather than the full focus is great as I feel like the rest of the superhero team gets overshadowed by the adorable robot. I love how low key this feels to. I was ready to say that this feels too low stakes for a ride based on a superhero movie (which admittedly would probably draw some criticism to have a ride based on superheroes where they're just kinda chilling out), but honestly the slice of life approach feels very true to the movie too as the strongest bits weren't the action but the friendship between the leads. It works and could be a good compliment to the very high energy line up at Studios. That being said, your bonus ironically would be stronger as your main ride as adding just the slight bit more of a plot would keep the energy up without overshadowing the chill vibes.

+1 Bonus - Cats! Is there a cat holiday in February?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

Another tough round to judge! It was really interesting to see the nearly even split between studios and Tomorrowland. I originally wrote this with only Tomorrowland in mind, but threw Studios in last minute for a bit more freedom and ya'll really took to it!

wfH4MNC.png

@FireMountain - The Fantasia Experience

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Honestly the only issue is how this is likely to be very niche, but those who will love this attraction are going to LOVE it. It captures something special that the die hard fans are absolutely going to latch on to

fi8BZ2h.png

@Disney Warrior - How to Become an Animator: Starring Goofy

I just loved how this perfectly captures what makes the Studio theme great while perfectly capturing the charm of the classic Goofy shorts!

oUugaAj.png

@Evilgidgit - Galaxy Gardens

A great idea that really captures the spirit of what Tomorrowland could be blending speculative yet grounded science fiction with whimsical adventurous science fantasy! The care you have for this idea is clear in just a few sentences and I'd love to see a full write up!

33sYVki.png

@spacemt354 - Walt Disney's Journey Into Animation

Capturing the essence of what made many EPCOT dark rides such beloved classics and translating that to the Studios theme perfectly to celebrate Disney history was already a strong idea likely to be in the top 3, but the use of archive audio to have Walt narrate pushed this over the top to take the gold!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Or is the motion done through more simple mechanical means like how carousel horses bob up and down?
The vehicles themselves would be too small to feature motion bases. Still, I guess a giant unseen stick stabs right through the middle of the light cycle, which moves in limited motion like a joystick..... When the sticks are lowered so the vehicles are ground level, they enter holes under the carousel so the ride is not allowed to begin until all light cycles are suspended a few feet above the ground after rising using hydraulic pistons (?!), where the joystick now moves slightly forward, left to right and up and down without passing an angle of 45 degrees. The moving "carousel" is the main application that makes it imitate motion.

(me wondering why I wrote an essay for a hypothetical question)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
PblDwXM.png

Just a reminder of how scoring works:
Submitting anything is worth 1 Point
Doing anything for the bonus is worth 1 Point
A Bronze or Silver Trophy is worth an extra 1 point
A Gold Trophy is worth an extra 2 Points!

If I did math wrong and you feel like your score is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it!

Any ties at the end of the game will be determined by either whoever has the most trophies and/or a fight to the death

@AceAstro - 14
@Brer Panther - 12
@ThemeParkPriest - 12
@Architectural Guinea Pig - 12
@Disney Warrior - 12
@major.hatter - 11
@imagineer97 - 11
@Evilgidgit - 10
@Solaris Knight - 10
@OvertheHorizon - 10
@Suchomimus - 10
@Muppetsfan#1 - 9
@WaltWiz1901 - 9
@cdunlap - 8
@Miru - 8
@spacemt354 - 8
@DisneyManOne - 6
@MickeyWaffleCo. - 4
@Lizzy May Bee - 4
@Disney Dad 3000 - 2
@mharrington - 2
@DisneyFan32 - 2
@FireMountain - 2

With a 4 way tie for a very close second place at the half way point of the competition, this really could be anyone's game!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Six
The Show Must Go On

xhpRLIy.png

Welcome one and all to the sixth prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Imagineering, Joe Disney!

The Hyperion Theater in Disney's California Adventure sits right at the border between Hollywoodland and Avengers Campus. It is a large indoors theater known for nearly broadway quality, nearly hour long stage shows. The most famous and long lasting was Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (Fun fact: On the cast recording Jasmine is played by Deedee Mango-Hall better known for playing Pearl in Steven Universe). It has also feature a Frozen musical and most recently a One Act version of Rogers: the Musical based on the fictional show about Captain America's life which was featured in Hawkeye.

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at the theater's history)

Rogers: The Musical was always meant as a temporary show and has already closed, but it does prove that the theater can be used as a part of either Hollywoodland or Avengers Campus or even both at once! Nothing has publicly been said about a replacement, but surely something must be on the horizon

-Challenge-
Pitch a new Stage Show for the Hyperion Theater in California Adventure

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Disney has access to or would realistically license. This does take place in present day so all current Disney IP is fair game​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Sunday, January 14th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: What's your favorite show?

Tell me a bit about your favorite show you've ever seen in a theme park. Looking at the things we like and figuring out why we like them is a great way to make our own ideas better. So, let's do a bit of self reflection. What is your favorite show you've ever seen in a theme park and what made it so special?
You may use 1 Sentence and 1 Picture
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The vehicles themselves would be too small to feature motion bases. Still, I guess a giant unseen stick stabs right through the middle of the light cycle, which moves in limited motion like a joystick..... When the sticks are lowered so the vehicles are ground level, they enter holes under the carousel so the ride is not allowed to begin until all light cycles are suspended a few feet above the ground after rising using hydraulic pistons (?!), where the joystick now moves slightly forward, left to right and up and down without passing an angle of 45 degrees. The moving "carousel" is the main application that makes it imitate motion.

(me wondering why I wrote an essay for a hypothetical question)
I'm a big engineering nerd so I love this essay for a hypothetical question

DisneyManOne

Walt Disney's Fantasia

2122-4.20-Fantasia-1200x800.jpg

A "live-in-concert" version of Walt Disney's "concert feature" has existed for quite some time now (particularly, one that features pieces from both films, as well as "Clair de Lune" the way it was meant to be shown); but here at the Hyperion, this kind of show format is "plussed." In this hour-and-15-minutes production, five pieces from the original Fantasia program are played by a live orchestra in a special pit visible to the audience, and brought to life through dance, projections and new animation. The orchestra begins with "Toccata and Fugue" accompanied by the original animation, then ballerinas twirl gracefully to "The Nutcracker Suite", Mickey Mouse himself appears on stage to reenact his signature role as "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", the "Dance of the Hours" adds some comedy to the show, and it all builds up to a stunning and terrifying "Night on Bald Mountain" followed by an apothéose set to "Ave Maria."

DisneyManOne

Oh, and I forgot to add my bonus, but here it is.

BONUS: My favorite theme park show is Finding Nemo: The Musical. When I was young, it just blew me away. The design was fantastic, the puppetry was top-notch and the Lopezes' score is fantastic. In fact, the very day I saw it for the first time, I found out they were selling a soundtrack CD, and I bought it and I basically listened to it all the time. In fact, it should say a lot about the success of this show that Disney is currently licensing it for schools to put on!

Side note: I was going to say the Hoop-Dee-Doo-Revue, but then I remembered that's exclusively at a resort, not a theme park.

OvertheHorizon

Once Upon a Dream.jpg

“It’s all about the Princesses, Joe!” We’ll fill the Hyperion stage with a 55-minute production showcasing the iconic sights and sounds associated with Disney Princesses, from Snow White’s “I’m Wishing” to Tiana’s “Almost There,” and Belle’s “Bonjour,” and many more. Add in a half-dozen “princely” backup dancers and ONCE UPON A DREAM will be a song and dance extravaganza that will keep the theatre filled multiple times a day for the next decade.

BONUS: My favorite theme park show was The Hunchback of Notre Dame at the Backlot Theater in Disney-MGM Park (1996 – 2002). It brought the animated movie story to life in ways that I found more emotionally compelling than on the screen.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Muppet Cinematic Extravaganza

Replacing the Hyperion theater is The Muppet Cinematic Extravaganza , a muppets spin on the most famous Hollywood movies of the time. We watch as gonzo performs stunts at the battle of New York in the avengers or we watch as piggy performing pigs in space and Kermit as master Yoda. This show will let us watch the muppets do hilarious things during the most well known scenes in movies that will sure be a real knee slapper.

Bonus: muppetvision. But I am sure you could have guessed that.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Pitch a new Stage Show for the Hyperion Theater in California Adventure
California: The Musical
1704977037066.png
Disney's California Adventure IS about the state of California, as the folks at Disney might have forgotten (what with stuff like PIXAR Pier and Avengers Campus), so this new jukebox musical will act as a salute of sorts to the Golden State - a summary of the whole park in one show, to other words. A vacationing couple on their way to New York City from Minnesota winds up in California after taking a wrong turn (the husband is too stubborn to ask for directions), and wind up getting thrust into one musical number after another. Among the songs featured in the show are "Surfin' USA", "Hooray For Hollywood" (with a cameo appearance from Donald Duck!), "Californification", "On the Road Again", and "The Bare Necessities" - performed by a jovial grizzly bear who serves as the Genie equivalent of the show, guiding the couple through the big ol' state of Californ-i-a.

Bonus: Does it necessarily have to be a live show? If not, I might have to go with Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, if so I think Festival of the Lion King is pretty epic.

Disney Warrior

Monsters Inc.: The Musical
IMG_5354.jpeg

Designed as a way to quickly replace the Rogers musical (and as a way to increase the Monsters Inc presence in this corner of Hollywoodland, possibly as a way to create a mini-Monstropolis subland), this new musical (which could become a Broadway musical if there’s greater demand) will retell the events of the 2001 Pixar film in musical style.
Discover what happens if a couple of monsters and a young girl cross paths as Mike Wazowski and James P Sullivan must learn how to bring Boo back to her door without Randall Boggs and Henry Waternoose III knowing (Disney fans may already know what happens, but this musical is different from the film in that it features some new scenes, some of which were deleted from the original film).
This musical is about 2 hours long, features 12 songs (many of which are original to this musical, accompanying important plot points), and since this Monsters Inc, many comical, funny, and entertaining lines and scenes in this musical (maybe even a reference to those memes).
IMG_5355.jpeg

Bonus: I’m more of a rides guy than a show guy, but my favorite show was the Magic Kingdom nighttime fireworks show because it‘s a great way to end a day at the parks.

WaltWiz1901

A Celebration of a Mouse

Screenshot 2024-01-11 195949.png
The Hyperion is now home to this self-explanatory stage show, bringing Mickey Mouse’s most renowned adventures to life. With its framing device reminiscent of the short Mickey’s Gala Premier, we relive Mickey’s rise to fame as he finds a way to have fun floating down the river on Steamboat Willie, conducts a Band Concert, faces off against his rival Mortimer Mouse, and is enlisted by a certain Mr. Disney to help him make movies in Tinseltown.

For the bonus, I'm gonna give a mention to Muppet*Vision 3-D; just a fun romp with an equally eclectic mix of 3-D effects, animatronics, and even a full-bodied Sweetums!

I worry that between the similarity of the ride system and the similar super hero theme if you might be inviting too many comparisons to Spiderman down the road. Putting this in Disneyland instead or using Nomanisan Island as a location might help it feel more unique.​
Never really thought of those, but I'll keep them in mind in the event that I revisit the concept.

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
Walt Disney Presents: Lilo & Stitch - The Musical (rebranding the shows with Walt Disney Presents)
Lilo & Stitch (which never had a substantial theme park presence in California) has been reimagined as a musical with new original songs written by Mark Kealiʻi Hoʻomalu (who wrote the non-Elvis, Hawaiian songs in the movie) and Jack Johnson (Hawaiian singer/songwriter most famous for "Upside Down" from the Curious George movie). The Hyperion Theater (having transported guests to the deserts of Agrabah to the frozen tundras of, um, Frozen) takes us to the Hawaiian islands in this musical retelling of the classic Disney film. The "wow-factor" setpieces include Jumba's Spaceship and a revolutionary "surfing on stage" effect (figure it out, Disney Live Entertainment, that's above my paygrade!).

1705024868754.png

BONUS: Animazement from Disneyland! I love the Hero Trio Medley.

Evilgidgit

A bit of a challenge for this round. Originally I was going to go with a more traditional "Disney variety musical" based around Pete's Dragon and other live action films; but then this idea popped into my head.

THE KING OF THE ELVES
Tylwyth_teg.jpg

Image is from Wikipedia by Rhyn Williams.

Partially inspired by Celtic myths and the short story by Philip K. Dick (which was once considered as an animated film), The King of the Elves is a musical adventure that hearkens back to olden days of myths, magical, and morality. When the vain King Pwyll ("Poo-il") slights King Arawn, ruler of the fairy otherworld Annuvin, he is made to rule the fairy king's realm; becoming lost in a land of wordy magic, hungry giants, forgotten gods, and the elven Tylwyth Teg, led by the remarkable Rhiannon, who Pwyll may just fall for. The elaborate spectacle would take full advantage of the Hyperion's technical side, featuring spellbinding stage tricks (old and new), the use of puppetry and animatronics, and all under a score of traditional Celtic music.

Bonus: I haven't been to theme parks much, but I'd say Disney Dreams at DLP in 2012 was my favourite, being at an age where I could truly appreciate the artistry behind it.

Miru

The Fable of Steamboat Willie

A full-length (45 minute or so) adaptation of Steamboat Willie, Walt Disney’s first masterpiece, presented as a show with character costumes and set pieces, with audience participation for the musical number of “Turkey in the Straw” together with Mickey and pals.

Bonus: Remember when Paradise Pier Hotel had a show with Minnie and Merlin in it? Always thought it was nice to have shows in hotels.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom