One Man's Dream to become Walt Disney Presents preview center

jaxonp

Can't see that much from the photos unfortunately. Not the photographers fault, just that being that far behind glass and only viewable from one side makes it hard... maybe it's easier to digest in person??

Is that one photo the only part of SWge ?

britain

So, it looks like they've landscaped and "picket fenced" the Pixar Place side of Midway Mania. I thought that would become backstage. Is that just to make the model more appealing?

No Name

What would've been really cool is if you enter the land through Andy's house. So you walk into his house as a normal-sized person. Then you look out a window of sorts and see the Toy Story Land model. Then you turn a corner (as you shrink to the size of a toy), and there's the grand reveal of the actual land. I think this would really help sell the story.

Toy Story Midway Mania in DCA does something similar, but less awesome, with the exit.

image.jpeg

djkidkaz

That's one small section of Star Wars model. Here's a "shop", enjoy!

At this point in construction do they even use the models anymore for reference?

Haymarket2008

What would've been really cool is if you enter the land through Andy's house. So you walk into his house as a normal-sized person. Then you look out a window of sorts and see the Toy Story Land model. Then you turn a corner (as you shrink to the size of a toy), and there's the grand reveal of the actual land. I think this would really help sell the story.

Toy Story Midway Mania in DCA does something similar, but less awesome, with the exit.

View attachment 229956

I always thought DCA's set up and that little room at the end of the ride was brilliantly done. It's a great little touch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom