one long trip or two shorter trips??

wickedwitchware

here goes,i have a two week trip planned for march 2008.now im thinking maybe i should split this into two trips say march and october(never done MNSSHP).what would you do??

summergirl32

Last year, my family did a two week trip and it was awesome. We did everything and never felt rushed. We also, relaxed quite a bit. It would be cheaper to stay longer rather than divide into two trips (transportation) but if you opt for two trips, then you have something to look forward to later in the year. I have never done MNSSHP but have always wanted to go. I'd say go for the two trips so you can experience the world during two different seasons.

Upvote 0

smk

Not a hard choice for me, I would go on two trips. It's always hard for me to leave WDW when I don't know when I can return. If I already have another trip planned then I am so happy! Besides all that, October is a great time to visit and the MNSSHP is a blast!

Upvote 0

Kadee

I would split it into 2 trips, because:
1. October is A LOT less crowded than March in going to be in 2008 (Spring Break/Easter is in March)
2. While I LOVE being in WDW, I just do not like spending 2 weeks away from home. One week is my limit. I love traveling anywhere, but not for long periods of time. I like doing several one week trips.
3. Like stated above, it gives you something to look forward to.

Now, with that said...... I would probably just do the two weeks in October (instead of March) if I were you and didn't mind being there for two weeks straight. March is going to be busy with Easter and I wouldn't want to go at all during that time.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It depends somewhat on finances... If you're kinda tight on cash, one long trip is cheaper that two short ones. If money is no object, then take me with you! :ROFLOL:

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

MarkeyMouse

If you took two trips in one year maybe it would be wise to compare costs of the annual pass compared to the myw, I would try to get a quote for both ways and get prices for the tickets and decide that way. I'm the coupon queen so the cheaper way would be my suggestion. Have a wonderful trip.;)

Upvote 0

goofy0101

Absolutely no question about it: two trips. The anticipation of going is a huge part of the whole experience and if that can be doubled that's the way to go.

Upvote 0

raven

We did MNSSHP last September and loved it! We were there for a week. We just got back on Wednesday from a 5 day trip and loved that as well. We made it feel longer though because we did 2 parks each day. The only problem was that since we were there a shorter time we wanted to spend as much time as we could in the parks and didn't get to see much else of the property. But we will be going back in September for another week...with free dining! :wave:

Upvote 0

cratster15

i totally agree with everyone else, two trips is the better idea. one reason is because it is so hard to actually leave disney world. so if you know that you are coming back soon, it may not hurt as much to leave. another reason is that only doing one long trip you risk having your favorite attraction down for refurb. if you take two trips and spread them out, it may only be down for one trip. while the odds are slim, they seem to be doing a lot of refurbs lately.

Upvote 0

justducky78

I would go for one long trip. We love our 8-10 day trips so much better than the shorter ones -- you feel like you're there forever and are able to do so much more. You can spend 1-2 days at the waterparks and more time resort-hopping (restaurants, shopping) and spending days by the pool or renting a boat, etc. You're able to spend more time in the parks just enjoying the surroundings instead of rushing to "get in one more ride."

It's cheaper, too, considering you don't have to pay for airfare twice and if you go the annual pass route, you'll save money on tickets and dining (purchase the DDE card).

Upvote 0

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
well if we dont split the trip its only 12 days...but if i split i was going to do 8 in march then 7 in october ,which would actually be 3 extra days!!(figuring dh wont notice):lookaroun

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Magic Your Way tickets from Disneyworld.com and from Disneyworld ticket sellers are only available up to 10 days. A 10 day MYW base ticket bought online would be $216, with Park Hopping is $254, and Hopping plus Water Parks is $294.

If you went for two weeks straight, you would need a 10-day and a 4-day. If you went for two weeklong trips, you'd need two 7-day MYW.

Two 7-day base MYW tickets for one adult are $420, with Park Hopping is $496, and with Hopping and Water Parks is $576.

One 10-day base MYW and one 4-day base MYW are $418, add Park Hopping and it's $499, with Hopping and Water Parks it's $579.

A basic Annual Pass, including parking, admission to all four parks (it can be used for Park Hopping), possible resort discounts at certain times of year, and the discounted Disney Dining Experience is $434. The Premium Annual Pass is $559 and includes everything above plus 365 days of admission to both water parks, Pleasure Island, and Disney Quest.

My advice is to purchase an Annual Pass right away. You can purchase it now and then activate it when you get down here. AP holders get access to discounts the general public does not. And you will get a preferred rate to renew it in a year.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

here goes,i have a two week trip planned for march 2008.now im thinking maybe i should split this into two trips say march and october(never done MNSSHP).what would you do??
You may want to opt for the longer trip...that way you can take your time.
We took a 7 day trip last year & even felt rushed then.
We are doing a 9 day trip this year.
:wave:

Upvote 0

FBullock

We we do is going in mid-May (wife's Birthday & mother's day) for 9 days. Then eveyother year we go in October for 5 days and the next we go in early December. That way we rotate the Halloween and Christmas Parties.

Even though we live in Ohio, my wife and I have Annual Passes (we are empty nesters.) With the number of days we go every year, the discounts for being an AP member and the info you get with the AP, it works for us. Then you add the Disney Visa and that offsets part of your expenses. We just got back a week ago from another great trip. The spring trip is very relaxing with 9 days.

Upvote 0

davidpw97

I think two trips are always better than one and as other people have said it gives you something to look forward to. I'm usually tired of the place after a week anyway, but after a few months i'm ready to go back. I don't know how people can go for 10 days.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Two things that I would have to consider before taking two trips instead of one longer one.
Firstly travelling time and secondly travelling costs.
Also, as has been mentioned - one longer trip is a lot less rushed, more time to do what you want, see what you want and time to spend relaxing by the pool or in the water parks

Upvote 0

ryguy

Do you have Kids?? To me this would make the difference. If you do have kids I would do the trip all at once. If not I would split the time between two vacations. Traveling with children create's unique challenges and often children do better with a break between parks, so a trip with more days would be a better option for them. At least with my kids it would be. Have fun :)

Upvote 0

SteveUK

I think it all depends on how long the journey would be. I always go for 14 nights, and enjoy the chance to take things as slowly as I want and relax about things. With a shorter trip, I would constantly be worried about getting everything in and feeling all the time like we were going home soon.

I understand the argument about two trips though and having something to look forward to, and if I only lived a couple of hours away this would be my plan. But the 9hr flights and the best part of a day to and from the airport even before the flights make this impractical from the UK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom