One Little Spark Competition (Sponsored by Stealing Things)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It was truly incredibly close. But the winning team is...

ORANGE TROPHY.png

Team Orange!

Good news is no eliminations! There was a lot of people who didn't submit, but since they were all active in Scene 1, I can let it slide this time. Just be careful not to disappear again. The rules of the game get a bit less open ended as we leave Act 1.

Now, I won't do full rankings or anything for individual based rounds, but I will be doing top 3's. No real extra bonus, just a for fun kind of thing.

3rd Place - @nated1226

The one I would personally enjoy the most and clever throughout, but the confusion in how you presented the Muppet ride held you back from the top 2 slots.

2nd Place - @pixie_princess

Short, sweet, clever, realistic. A project that was grounded, but still out of the box and unique. The crowd control issues were my only real issue.

1st Place - @TheOriginalTiki

A simple idea that was just so elevated by your clever writing and amazing video presentation! A well earned first place for the first individual round! A project so good it was the deciding factor in just barely tipping your team over the edge to victory in such a close round.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
act 2, scene 3.png

--The Set Up--

Dark Rides are the bread and butter of what makes Disney parks special. Especially the simple, C-Ticket Fantasyland style Dark Rides like the kind Walt built. These have stood the test of time as one of the few styles of attractions no one else in the world does as well as Disney does!

View attachment 317153

What makes these rides so great is that they tell their simple plots in such an intriguing and inviting visual manner! They don't rely on words. It is almost entirely done through the visuals and the atmosphere.

Part of this is keeping the stories simple and built around visually interesting places. A tour through Neverland, Wonderland, the 100 Acre Woods!
Or sometimes it is about keeping the stories built around visual gags and function as if they are bringing classic silent cartoon shorts to life like in Roger Rabbit and Mr. Toad.

One thing is constant though, a classic, Fantasyland style dark ride is built around the visuals, environments, and atmosphere.

ACt 2 is all about focusing in on different aspects of armchair imagineering. What better way to start than focusing in on visuals. And what better way to focus on visuals than a dark ride project!

--The Challenge--

Imagineers, this is your challenge.

You must work as a team to create a new C-Ticket Fantasyland Style Dark Ride anywhere in WDW.

It has to be smaller scale, C-Ticket. Like the classics. No trackless ride systems or 100 animatronic show scenes. But just designing a Fantasyland style dark ride would be too easy.

You may not base your ride around any Disney movie, TV Show, or Video Game.

It has to be either an original story or an adaptation of something Disney has not already adapted. Also, this is act 2, which means the projects are focused on specific aspects of imagineering.

You may only use 2 sentences as an introduction. After that, only one sentence for every picture you include.

The focus is on your art and reference photos (original preferred, but nothing wrong with taking a few things from Google Images). A picture is worth a 1000 words. This project is about using those "1000 words" to communicate your ideas rathe rthan relying on writing.

Lastly, Team Orange, as the reward for winning Scene 2, can choose 1 picture that Team Purple must include in their project in some way.
Just make sure to decide what picture they must use by 7 PM WDW Time today (Sunday 9/30), So, that Team Purple can get started on their projects too.

This Scene is due Saturday, 10/6 at
11:59 PM WDW Time (8:59 Disneyland Time)

--All for One: Group Based Project--

This Scene will be an All for One: Group Based Project. Meaning your whole team will work all together to create one project.

--Reward Round--

At the end of this round, the winning team will get a reward! It will be a small advantage for Scene 4. Since this is a reward round, no one will be eliminated.

--A Note on Judging--

I am in no way going to judge you based on the quality of your art. Pretty looking art is nice, but it is not what this round is about.

This is all about using your art to communicate and tell a story or build an atmosphere.

If the best you can do is stick figures, that is totally fine! As long as those stick figures can help communicate the ideas you are trying to communicate.

And you do get one sentence for every picture in your project. So, you can caption things to clear stuff up if your art is a bit rough.

Also, they don't have to all be hand painted or anything crazy. Simply editing some stuff off of Google Images is how some great armchair imagineering illustrations have been made!

giphy.gif

Alright, teams. Have fun! Go Create! Dream Big!​

Disney Dad 3000

Mickey & Minnie's Be My Valentine Party
large.jpg
Love is in the air and what better way to celebrate with a loved one or family than MMBMVP? Come join us for this all new party event Jan 26, 2019 until Feb 16. This limited time event running on Wednesday and Saturday evenings leading up to Valentine's Day invites you to experience the romance and fun of the Magic Kingdom for this one of a kind party.

If you've enjoyed our MVMCP and MVSHP parties, you're sure to enjoin Valentine's celebrating with Mickey & Minnie. While we'll have similar experiences to other holiday parties, there will be a number of new offerings to get you in the Valentine's mood.

Dining
Part of the Valentine's Day experience is enjoying a great meal with a loved one. With that in mind, a number of our restaurants will be kept open during the party so you can enjoy a great meal at any point during the party. As an added bonus, meet some of your favorite characters once you've finished your meal. Each restaurant will offer their regular menu during the event as well as a few party exclusive options.

Be sure and make your reservations at Tony's Town Square Restaurant where you'll be serenaded by the stylings of beautiful violin music all while enjoying a romantic candlelit meal. Afterwards, don't miss your chance to meet the Lady & the Tramp and an all new M&G experience. Over in Fantasyland, the Beast & Belle await you into their castle for a one of a kind dining experience. If you've enjoyed Be our Guest during regular park hours, you'll enjoy the new holiday décor and projections throughout the restaurant. Lastly, those looking for an out of this world Valentine's meal, should head over to Cosmic Ray's. There you'll find Sonny Eclipse playing a few new 80's love themed tunes with his versions of Total Eclipse of the Heart, I just called to Say I Love You and more.

Other dining options will be available throughout the park, but get your reservations in now!

Treats
What holiday party would be complete without some special treats?

mickey-minnie-mouse-disney-valentines-day-heart-cookies-party-food.jpg

From cookies and cupcakes, to candies and everything in between, there is no shortage of exclusive sweets available to you during MMBMVP. Check out the variety of offerings all around Main Street USA and various stops in the park.

Or, you may hop on over to Adventureland where you can still enjoy your favorite dole whip, or you may wish to try a strawberry/pineapple swhirl!
5t96bnzo8pl11.jpg

Attractions
The majority of the park's attractions will be open. Be sure and check back for a full listing of those that are open.

During the event, a few will even offer a new and special experience for those who ride along.

Monsters Inc copy.jpg

For one night only, the stand up auditions will take a break, but that doesn't mean the laugh's stop there. It's Valentines and everyone needs a sweetheart, including the monsters of Monsters, Inc. A laugh floor version of The Monsters Dating Game comes live and direct to you from Tomorrowland. Who knows, maybe you'll be Roz' next date? Come join Mike & the gang as he plays MC to a night you won't soon forget.

JUNGLE CRUISE copy.jpg
What could be more romantic than a quiet candlelight cruise, the sounds of nature, a few majestic animals, and only for it to be interrupted by a few love jokes gone bad? Come embark on this voyage through the jungle, with our Love Skippers ready to serenade you with a whole new line up of love jokes and puns, and a new way of enjoying the jungle on Valentine's.

Characters
One of the hightlights of our parties at the Magic Kingdom, is the character interactions, both with those regular and not often seen. For our MMBMVP that won't change, but as an added bonus, each character will have a special valentine of their own to hand to each of you after your meet and greet. From delicate to detailed and chewed on to sparkled, each valentine will be a fond remembrance of each character you meet.

Entertainment
As part of MMBMVP we'll also have exclusive entertainment that's only a part of the event.

The Queen's Valentine Court
Come join the Queen of Hearts and the Alice in Wonderland gang as they sort of celebrate Valentine's Day. The Queen isn't in any mood for Valentine's day, especially when everyone insists on using the heart as part of the day. Don't they know she is the Queen of Hearts? You'll be sure and enjoy this fun filled show in front of the Castle at 6pm as they are joined by a whole range of Disney character favorites, including Mickey & Minnie.

Romance in the Sky
fireworks copy.jpg

What better way to cap off a night at the Magic Kingdom and Valentine's celebration than with fireworks? As the castle is lit up pink all night in celebration of the party, you'll get a fantastic show with holiday themed fireworks and projections on the castle celebrating many of the great romances throughout Disney films.

Sorry didn't post this yesterday!

spacemt354

Chili's
@Disney Dad 3000 's Review

I really like the timing of this one especially. In a typically low season end of January/beginning of Feb, while the Festival of the Arts is going on at Epcot you have the Valentines Party at the Magic Kingdom - almost paralleling the fall with Not So Scary and F&W.

The special events you offer are pretty great and yes I would like to try a strawberry/pineapple dole whip! The Monsters Inc Love Floor and Candlelight Jungle Cruise would be two attractions I'd definitely have to check out. Just imagine the puns on JC. On the De-Nile River where you can see all of the single people alone on Valentine's Day. Mix all of that with characters and fireworks and you have yourself a very successful event. Fantastic!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, so last night I had some technical issues while writing stuff which lead to me having to rewrite the prompt at 2 AM. Which means some sentences are not as clear as I would like. To clear up some confusion I have seen in the brainstorming threads I'm gonna try to restate a part of this project that wasn't fully clear.

You're ride cannot be based on Disney IP. No Disney movies, no Disney shorts, TV Shows, video games, etc. That includes Disney owned studios like Fox, Marvel, etc.

And as one last announcement! both @spacemt354 AND @mickeyfan5534 will be joining us as guest reviewers for this scene!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mickey & Minnie's Be My Valentine Party
View attachment 317172
Love is in the air and what better way to celebrate with a loved one or family than MMBMVP? Come join us for this all new party event Jan 26, 2019 until Feb 16. This limited time event running on Wednesday and Saturday evenings leading up to Valentine's Day invites you to experience the romance and fun of the Magic Kingdom for this one of a kind party.

If you've enjoyed our MVMCP and MVSHP parties, you're sure to enjoin Valentine's celebrating with Mickey & Minnie. While we'll have similar experiences to other holiday parties, there will be a number of new offerings to get you in the Valentine's mood.

Dining
Part of the Valentine's Day experience is enjoying a great meal with a loved one. With that in mind, a number of our restaurants will be kept open during the party so you can enjoy a great meal at any point during the party. As an added bonus, meet some of your favorite characters once you've finished your meal. Each restaurant will offer their regular menu during the event as well as a few party exclusive options.

Be sure and make your reservations at Tony's Town Square Restaurant where you'll be serenaded by the stylings of beautiful violin music all while enjoying a romantic candlelit meal. Afterwards, don't miss your chance to meet the Lady & the Tramp and an all new M&G experience. Over in Fantasyland, the Beast & Belle await you into their castle for a one of a kind dining experience. If you've enjoyed Be our Guest during regular park hours, you'll enjoy the new holiday décor and projections throughout the restaurant. Lastly, those looking for an out of this world Valentine's meal, should head over to Cosmic Ray's. There you'll find Sonny Eclipse playing a few new 80's love themed tunes with his versions of Total Eclipse of the Heart, I just called to Say I Love You and more.

Other dining options will be available throughout the park, but get your reservations in now!

Treats
What holiday party would be complete without some special treats?

View attachment 317175

From cookies and cupcakes, to candies and everything in between, there is no shortage of exclusive sweets available to you during MMBMVP. Check out the variety of offerings all around Main Street USA and various stops in the park.

Or, you may hop on over to Adventureland where you can still enjoy your favorite dole whip, or you may wish to try a strawberry/pineapple swhirl!
View attachment 317176

Attractions
The majority of the park's attractions will be open. Be sure and check back for a full listing of those that are open.

During the event, a few will even offer a new and special experience for those who ride along.

View attachment 317177
For one night only, the stand up auditions will take a break, but that doesn't mean the laugh's stop there. It's Valentines and everyone needs a sweetheart, including the monsters of Monsters, Inc. A laugh floor version of The Monsters Dating Game comes live and direct to you from Tomorrowland. Who knows, maybe you'll be Roz' next date? Come join Mike & the gang as he plays MC to a night you won't soon forget.

What could be more romantic than a quiet candlelight cruise, the sounds of nature, a few majestic animals, and only for it to be interrupted by a few love jokes gone bad? Come embark on this voyage through the jungle, with our Love Skippers ready to serenade you with a whole new line up of love jokes and puns, and a new way of enjoying the jungle on Valentine's.

Characters
One of the hightlights of our parties at the Magic Kingdom, is the character interactions, both with those regular and not often seen. For our MMBMVP that won't change, but as an added bonus, each character will have a special valentine of their own to hand to each of you after your meet and greet. From delicate to detailed and chewed on to sparkled, each valentine will be a fond remembrance of each character you meet.

Entertainment
As part of MMBMVP we'll also have exclusive entertainment that's only a part of the event.

The Queen's Valentine Court
Come join the Queen of Hearts and the Alice in Wonderland gang as they sort of celebrate Valentine's Day. The Queen isn't in any mood for Valentine's day, especially when everyone insists on using the heart as part of the day. Don't they know she is the Queen of Hearts? You'll be sure and enjoy this fun filled show in front of the Castle at 6pm as they are joined by a whole range of Disney character favorites, including Mickey & Minnie.

Romance in the Sky
View attachment 317179

What better way to cap off a night at the Magic Kingdom and Valentine's celebration than with fireworks? As the castle is lit up pink all night in celebration of the party, you'll get a fantastic show with holiday themed fireworks and projections on the castle celebrating many of the great romances throughout Disney films.

Sorry didn't post this yesterday!
I'm in love with your celebration of love! A very clever and solid project from start to finish. Some interesting, helpful, and fantastic looking visuals and art. Cosmic Ray's may not scream romantic dinner location, but the idea of Sonny Eclipse doing his take on 80s love ballads is incredibly fun and really sells me on the idea! The characters handing out valentine's to guests is so fun and simple. Your special holiday version of attractions are perfect with how simple, yet effective they are. And who wouldn't want to spend Valentine's on MILF!

Overall, a great job that would help spice up the park during a slow season and add a lot of fun! Well done!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
First off. Well done Team Orange! Thank you guys for coming together and doing a great job brainstorming as a team and working together. Even if the final project itself was mostly 2 or 3 people. it still felt like a very collaborative effort. And that is with multiple people either on vacation or preparing for one.

The hotel I am in tonight does not have wi-fi. That means that I cannot be on my computer. Which means that I do not have access to the next prompt to post it. Plus, Team Purple has not submitted anything. With that in mind, instead of hastily rewriting the prompt from memory on my phone, I'll give you an extra day to finish up your project.

Team Purple, you are an incredibly talented group that can accomplish incredible things. You need to do a bvetter job of communicating and actually showing up. You did so amazing in Scene 1 as a team. But almost half of you missed scene 2 as an individual round. Many of you were mostly absent from brainstorming, all but 2 or 3 of you were entirely absent from even starting to work on the actual project. And only 1 (maybe 2, I'd have to double check) of you communicated and let anyone know you wouldn't really have time this week.

There haven't been any eliminations yet. There will be after the next scene. I'm a big believer that the more the merrier. But it is unfair to the people who are actually playing to be on a team with people who are not and are not communicating. If there is anyway I can help make it easier for you to participate, let me know! I'll do what I can to help!

TheOriginalTiki

I decided to completely sit out on this one since by the time I got back from my trip the project was more or less completed on my team's end, but can't wait to dive back into this with the next prompt. If you want to know what I've been up to this week including my first Mickey's Halloween Party and a completely DESERTED day at Knott's Berry Farm I'll be linking the trip report podcast here with @monkey92514 later tonight before we go live.

spacemt354

Chili's
For Team Orange you glad you got @D Hindley - The Legend of Momotaro was a very impressive attraction that would fit so nicely to compliment not only the Japan Pavilion, but offer an additional World Showcase attraction around the lagoon. With the abstract storytelling it feels in a way like Maelstrom, yet with longer scenes to keep the flow of the story going and make it less of a quick transition through random bits of Norway.

The boats from the images remind me of the Na'vi River Journey capacity - so pretty accurate for a C-Ticket. I counted 21 images, which is beyond phenomenal and should not go unnoticed. In an art-centered challenge that definitely lived up to the hype. The story seemed to flow well from what I gathered, obviously only so much can be summed via the one sentence descriptions - but I think you gave a good enough picture to get the points across.

In the end - a really nice project!

*I've been not feeling great and was busy most of the week so I barely if at all looked at the brainstorming - apologies for that. That being said, looking over them now, Orange did a fine job working out the project concept, despite the busy schedules. I would have liked to see 1 or 2 other people try their hand at concept art. Even if you aren't good at it, this was the perfect time to try because the only thing that was being judged was if there was artwork, not how good it was.

For Team Purple if they post tonight I'll add their review as well.

mickeyfan5534

Team Orange
Even looking at your PM, I was really excited to see what you would come up with for a Japanese styled ride. It's such a great style and one that should have been represented in some way from day 1 at Epcot.

Coming to that first piece of art and wow. It gets everything I want to see across. I'm kind of upset you didn't go with the peach boat idea though. Also on the art, the character design on Momotaro in that first image is literal perfection. It is exactly what I'd expect out of the character when reading the story.

Honestly, I love how huge yet small it feels. It comes across even in the art and I have to echo the sentiment that it feels like a spiritual successor to the Maelstrom. I do question all the figures though. Which ones are AAs, which ones are flats, which ones are still figures? You really only went in on that detail with Gashadokuro, who I fully admit would look phenomenal as you describe him.

Overall, I'd say it's a great C-ticket, a great spiritual successor to the Maelstrom, but I'd also say it's a C-ticket cousin to Sinbad's Storybook Voyage.

I'll get Team Purple on when they're ready.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Team Orange Review

Wow. Just, wow. Without wi-fi last night, a lot of the picture never loaded so I didn't really get to read it fully until just now. Wow!

The team really did work together on the concept and there was definitely some team effort here and there on the project itself, but most of the actual presentations was (at least as far as I can tell) @D Hindley who came out swinging in his first round reminding everyone why he has a reputation as a heavy hitter. The competition for best artist on the board is very tight, but I don't think anyone can put out such high quality art at such a rapid rate as he does. Nearly 20 original drawings that, if I'm not mistake, are all by D! And not a single one seems lazy or rushed or anything! This round was about communicating through art and you did a great job communicating the story and plot and wonder and atmosphere through the pictures. You don't need to read a single word to understand what is going on!

The art and the write up are great. Perhaps a bit too large scale of a ride for the project. But anytime I started to get too concerned about how big it was, there was a line reminding me that most of this was all being done with painted flats and very simple effects helping make the ride feel small scale the way Fantasyland style Dark rides should.

The concept of the ride was brilliant too. A concept that was developed and worked on and built and refined as a group. While the majority of the final project may (seemingly) be from @D Hindley, it was built on a very strong base that was built in a very collaborative fashion. The use of stylized visuals to hide the simplicity of C-Ticket effects was genius. The choice of story was great. The knowledge and passion was evident in every step. An incredible improvement as a team from Scene 1!

Only real negatives is that so much of the final product came from one person. I understand this was an art based round and not everyone was comfortable with that, but it would have been nice to see a few more people try something new. Or at least communicate more with D of what writing you could do to match his art. There was a few times I saw people say things like "I'm free today, what can I do?" when it may have been more helpful to ask specifically D as he was doing most of the art what he wanted you to write for him.

Overall though, a great project that was built on a great idea developed through great brainstorming. Well done!

Team Purple Review

Let me start by saying that despite all of your difficulties and issues, you turned out a great attraction! A day late, but a great attraction! While communication issues were definitely present and you clearly had some trouble working as a team, it is interesting to note that the actual final project actual has content from a larger number of people.

I applaud how ambitious your team is! It would have been so easy to just put the picture of the airplane in there with some throw away line like "Make sure to book your flights now to see the new ride!" You guys committed yourself to using it in a substantial way and let that guide your initial concepts and brainstorming. You also decided that rather than find a way to incorporate your attraction into somewhere existing to build a whole new pavilion to house it! A very ambitious project and some very lofty goals. And it turned out pretty great and you lived up to all the challenges you set for yourself without compromising. Well done!

The artwork all around is great and does a wonderful job creating an atmosphere and setting the tone! Well done! @PerGronStudio does some fantastic photoshop and @Disney Dad 3000 produces fantastic art as always! The choices used for reference photos just taken from online were amazing as well at creating the atmosphere. I'm not sure who did the hand drawn photos aside from the one of the pavilion, but whoever did them, well done! I loved the tiny adorable devil doodle lol.

On the negative side, definitely a few run on sentences and a few sentences here or there without a picture to go with them. But nothing toooooo bad there. I think the narration was a bit much and unneeded. Dark rides often work best when the story is simple. Moving the druid explaining the holiday to the queue as a preshow and having explanations for the histories behind each creature encountered in the queue (perhaps walk through a library with large open books each open to a description of the different spirits) would have allowed you to keep the ride itself simple and streamlined. That way guests can be immersed in the atmosphere and the encounters with the spirits rather than constantly having someone talking and explaining things. Your ride feels almost like you have an educational narration over a whimsical/dark experience of a ride.

That being said, I love the maelstrom influences and I love the ride! The issues with the attraction are things that could have probably been fixed if the team were collaborating more and talking through things more. Team Orange shined not just because of D's art, but because by the time he even started drawing the concept of the attraction was so well refined and figured out as a team. The problems with your project in no way stem from a lack of talent, passion, ability, creativity, or good ideas. The problems stem from communication and participation.

To put it simply, using a prequel meme,
1538973365159.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Despite being late, Team Purple fought valiantly and turned out something they should be proud of. But Team Orange produced a nearly perfect project and just couldn't be stopped.

ORANGE TROPHY.png

Team Orange Wins!

Your reward can be used at any time during the next scene and will be a secret to Team Purple. I will let you know your reward in the message.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
act 2, scene 4.png

--The Set Up--

While dark rides are perhaps what Disney does best and are most known for, let's move on to the ride type they are perhaps least known for.

One of the more common complaints against Disney is the lack of really thrilling rides. In all of WDW there are only 2 rides that are considered truly thrilling rides (Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror). Some may argue Everest or Space Mountain, but those are still rather tame compared to what can be found at Universal, Sea World, and Busch Gardens. And all of those places are nearby. Many Florida locals in the 15-29 demographic tend to prioritize trips to those places over Disney because of seeking thrills!

ACt 2 is all about focusing in on different aspects of armchair imagineering. This project was always planned to focus on brainstorming. considering the events of the last round, a focus on practicing brainstorming might be important. Essentially brainstorming has 2 parts.

Sharing ideas and critiquing/building on ideas.

Obviously ideas must be shared to brainstorm ideas. It is important to then discuss those ideas. What works, what doesn't work, and how you can fix what doesn't work. Then keep refining and building and discussing until you have settled on one idea and are ready to prepare the actual project! Be too critical and it makes brainstorming no fun and creates an unwelcoming environment for sharing and building on ideas. Not critical enough, and no one grows and ideas stay stagnant. The balance of keeping criticism constructive as well as constructing without criticism is important.

--The Challenge--

Imagineers, this is your challenge.

You must work as a team to create a new extreme thrill ride or rollercoaster anywhere in WDW.

It has to be at least roughly the same level of intensity of Tower of Terror or Rockin Rolleroaster. You aren't creating rides for the whole family, you are targeting that 15-29 thrill seeking demographic.

Part 1: You must develop at least 3 basic concept pitches for the project.

Using 1-5 sentences and up to 2 pictures for each concept, you must come up with three proposals for what you want the project to be. Think of these as lower stakes versions of one sentence competition projects. this is the "sharing ideas" portion of brainstorming.

Part 2: You must choose 1 of your 3 pitches to develop a full write up for and briefly explain why you chose the one you chose.

Using 1-5 Sentences and up to 2 pictures, say why your team chose whatever pitch the decided to use for the project. Briefly saying what positive and negative aspects of the pitches lead to you choosing the one you did. This is the "critiquing/building on ideas" portion of brainstorming.

Part 3: You must do a full write up for whatever pitch you chose for the project.

The project does not have to be super long. It can be a shorter write up (as thrill rides often are). But you do have to actually write whatever ride you choose.

Parts 1 & 2 of this Scene are due Wednesday, 10/10 at

Part 3 of this Scene is due Saturday, 10/13 at

Reviews for everything will come at the end of Part 3. Not after each individual part.

--All for One: Group Based Project--

This Scene will be an All for One: Group Based Project. Meaning your whole team will work all together to create one project. It seems that people are enjoying the team based rounds more (a few people have mentioned that to me), so I am going to be focusing more on them. This was originally an individual round. It was changed and modified to work as a team round. But was set up in a way that people who prefer the individual rounds can still have a part to create something on a more individual level (Part 1 of the project mostly). Much like Hannah Montana, this will hopefully be the best of both worlds.

--Elimination Round--

At the end of this round, someone from the losing team will be eliminated. This will be based primarily on activity and participation. Past rounds will be taken into consideration too. So, if you have not been participating much in this competition so far, this is your chance to redeem yourself and stay in the game. If there is a reason you are inactive, communicate and you will probably be fine as long as you have helped with projects in the past.

For instance, @AceAstro will be on vacation and is not expecting to be on much if at all this round. But he gave his team and me advanced warning and has been a consistent presence in the game, so it won't be held against him.

--A Note on Judging--

This is just as much about the process you took as a team to get to the final project at the end of part 3 as it is about the final project itself. It is about working together as team and building the idea as a group!

giphy.gif

Alright, teams. Have fun! Go Create! Dream Big!​

mickeyfan5534

Team Purple
It's a day late. But you pulled it off marvelously. The idea of an Ireland pavilion sponsored by Ryanair was inspired, but there were several moments where I was just wanting to yell "Just make it a sponsor and move on!" I'm glad you actually went that route.

I love that you went for using Ireland's rich Celtic mythology instead of doing a generic travelogue similar to Gran Fiesta Tour. Something of note, parts of this mythology is still treated as fact in Ireland. If you talk to an Irish person, they'll fully acknowledge the existence of fae just as much as they'll acknowledge the existence of a dog. The use of past tense is minor but it's important culturally to speak in the present for a more faithful show and it's something that bothered me in the script.

I love that you went for the darker elements of Celtic Mythology after the lighter introduction.

Much like Orange, I'm loving that this is a spiritual successor to the Maelstrom.

Without fail, I fully say both these projects are amazing, but you were edged out by Orange. I could have made a case for this one had teamwork pulled through and you turned it in on time.

spacemt354

Chili's
For Team Purple - kudos on coming up with Ryanair for the sponsor when given you had to include that image in some capacity - makes a ton of sense for an Epcot attraction.

As for the Pavilion - my first question would be where in World Showcase this pavilion is going - I'm assuming close to the United Kingdom. I really like the sketch by Disney Dad though as it seems like a modest yet original inclusion to the WS lagoon.

The name is a little hard to pronounce for the attraction, but I'm sure after a few rides or listening to someone else pronounce it - it should be fine. It's funny that both of these projects took cues from Maelstrom as inspiration - as I definitely felt those vibes throughout the attraction - if even in a bit of a darker setting. It's almost like Maelstrom meets Snow White's Scary Adventures in a way with the ride carts as the vehicles. I very much liked the ending going through the Leprechaun Hollow - and the info film that follows akin to the Norway setup.

Overall - this was a well done C-Ticket, and for those who did contribute to it at especially @PerGronStudio @nated1226 and @Disney Dad 3000 you all deserve high praise for your resilience and fortitude in getting this done - if anything you can take a moral victory from this and use it as motivation for the next round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom