Once Upon a Toy gets Disney Infinity 2 days early AND a free character piece.

gwhb75

What is the free character piece being offered?
I think it depends where you order from. We pre-ordered the starter pack through the Best Buy website (in Canada), and we got to select an extra character (the starter pack comes with Jack Sparrow, Sully and Mr.Incredible, and the Best Buy offer came with 1 pack of power discs). We picked Tow-Mater as our bonus character so we could get someting Cars related in the toy box. I'm not sure what they are doing at Once Upon A Toy in terms of the free character.

Sped2424

946911913_AtvjZ-X3.jpg

Also Baxter's version was not an "e ticket" lol.
Z snap Also that version looks 50000 times better than what we got. Giant ursula, boats, the point is the actual setting around the animatronics is just as if not more important. When I look around from the show scene I shouldn't see a disco ball, and exit, scaffolding's or anything of the sort. I am supposed to be engrossed completely into that story and they have the tech to create the sort of rooms with fake oceans and fake skies (They did that all the way back in the 60's for pirates of the Caribbean). I guess im mad because I know the imagineers aren't to blame clearly they had the idea for all this, its who ever decided's to slash and kill the budget that I wanna scream at.

jkl2000

As a parent of an 8 yr ole who is engrossed with Skylander I am actully saving money for this.

Side note- I thought I'd never be the parent who didn't "get" video games as I was totally intp game up to and through my college years, but I don't have time to play them now (or have the interest) so I am in the crowd of open the wallet for the kids. (We do make them them earn the money and or wait for deals, but if they are the next Skylander..Huge- just get it out faster than say...the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, other platforms have to have stuff comming also)

Holy cow, the hardest part is that my 14 year old wants to tell me what happened in all the games he plays. I feel bad because it just isn't interesting to me. I want to hear about everything else, just not about what happened in the video games. I was never that into video games - the weird thing to me is how important the story and characters are to the games now. Also, all the time spent dressing and customizing the characters, vehicles, etc.

Yeah, I have no time for that stuff.

Furiated

We got ours this morning! I hope everyone else was just as lucky!

Nice! I'm eager to hear some impressions when you get a chance to play. I got to play with some of the demos, but I'd like to hear from someone that got to sit down and play though it for a while.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I have not had a chance to play much. The Kids have been going nuts. There are some really cool toy boxes though. They are about 1 hr into the Monsters U world, the rest has been toy box time.

They had a race before dinner.

Cpt. Barbosa in Venelope's Sugar Rush car vs Violet in a Space Paranoids flyer.

Fun stuff.

Ignohippo

Nice! I'm eager to hear some impressions when you get a chance to play. I got to play with some of the demos, but I'd like to hear from someone that got to sit down and play though it for a while.

We like it. My 8 year old loves it.

I'm not a big fan of the types of games where you have a limited area and are just asked to talk to "x" to find "y" so you can do "z", which seems to be basically what the Monsters U and Incredibles worlds seem to be.

The Pirates world on the other hand is amazing. Fun and varied "missions" to go on. Much better IMO than the other two, which are kinda monotonous to me.

I really hate the little NPCs and their costumes. A complete waste of time and resources IMO.

The toy box is cool. There's much less stuff unlocked in the beginning than I thought there'd be, but finding everything is half the fun. We haven't even touched the surface yet. Surprisingly though, we're running into an out of memory problem and really don't have that much in the Toy Box. We've also had some major glitches in Toy Box mode as well (audio problems, problems with the Power Disc environments).

WED99

We like it. My 8 year old loves it.

I'm not a big fan of the types of games where you have a limited area and are just asked to talk to "x" to find "y" so you can do "z", which seems to be basically what the Monsters U and Incredibles worlds seem to be.

The Pirates world on the other hand is amazing. Fun and varied "missions" to go on. Much better IMO than the other two, which are kinda monotonous to me.

I really hate the little NPCs and their costumes. A complete waste of time and resources IMO.

The toy box is cool. There's much less stuff unlocked in the beginning than I thought there'd be, but finding everything is half the fun. We haven't even touched the surface yet. Surprisingly though, we're running into an out of memory problem and really don't have that much in the Toy Box. We've also had some major glitches in Toy Box mode as well (audio problems, problems with the Power Disc environments).
The memory was a major concern for me, but after seeing the Disneyland map made by the studio it made me feel a bit better. How many toys did you put in each world before it maxed out?

Also I think they will fix the bugs soon in an update, that's what usually happens with games that have this much content.

Ignohippo

The memory was a major concern for me, but after seeing the Disneyland map made by the studio it made me feel a bit better. How many toys did you put in each world before it maxed out?

Also I think they will fix the bugs soon in an update, that's what usually happens with games that have this much content.

I have no idea and it doesn't tell you how many you have or what things use the most memory. We started with the Toy Box that comes with the game. We've deleted a TON though.

That said, the DLC Toy Boxes are AMAZING and worth checking out!

dvitali

i gonna wait for a few weeks when another same type of the game come out the Angry Birds Star War 2. this can be only play on the ipad/iphone camera not xbox/ ps3/wii/ ds since most do not have a camera to scan the code on the bottom of the figure. (i mention this here because disney also own star wars also).

FigmentJedi

"The Buzzword of the Day - Unparalleled Cooperation" - they only got that after they changed so much stuff.
  • The team wanted every character to look like the movie counterpart. Skipper John didn't.
  • The team wanted to created one overarching story. Skipper John didn't.
  • The team wanted every character to team up. Skipper John didn't.
Thus Avalanche managed to be granted access to Pixar creations.
This wouldn't be the first time Skipper John has stuck his nose into a field where he shouldn't e.g. The Little Mermaid attraction and getting in the face of, then, Squaresoft over Toy Story and Bugs.
It's a shame that John's drunk the "CROSSOVERS ARE BAD" Kool-Aid at Disney that keeps the Princesses from even acknowledging each other's existence and gave Kingdom Hearts that dumb "World Order" rule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom