Once Upon a Time - TV Series

pluto77

I find it interesting and something different to watch. I haven't finished last night's show yet. A friend and I were discussing it and we both wondered why Snow White's husband in modern times had a wife that isn't Snow White.

His "wife" is actually the same person that he was going to marry in the fairytale land before he met Snow White. But I don't think we know that she's actually his wife yet. I think the evil queen is trying to keep him away from Snow White. Maybe when he gets his memory back he would remember something since he was unconscious when the spell took effect?

Aggie Mom

I finally watched Sunday's episode. This twist is really strange to me. I'm very confused about the windmill triggering Charming's memory. Could it be enchanted somehow? He was never really married to the blond lady. Was he ever "awake" in Storybrooke? Didn't he "die" right as the curse took effect? So the windmill triggering the memory doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of spell on it. Who put it there, though?

I'm wondering if everything in Mr. Gold's shop has a story like the creepy dolls.

JoMarch

Original Poster
I thought the same thing about the windmill. It must be bewitched in some way.

RE: Evil Queen - I want her to be REALLY evil. "Sleeping Beauty's" animated "Maleficent" is more terrifying... Right now this Evil Queen is just shrewd and kind of sly.

RyGuy74

I finally watched Sunday's episode. This twist is really strange to me. I'm very confused about the windmill triggering Charming's memory. Could it be enchanted somehow? He was never really married to the blond lady. Was he ever "awake" in Storybrooke? Didn't he "die" right as the curse took effect? So the windmill triggering the memory doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of spell on it. Who put it there, though?

I'm wondering if everything in Mr. Gold's shop has a story like the creepy dolls.

I was wondering whether perhaps she was instead married to his twin brother and his "memory" of the windmill is due to some sort of false memory syndrome?

Tigggrl

According to a few Dwarves..They are filming in an underwater "cave" yesterday...and Belle was there for filming too....YAY OUAT! Please vote on the peoples choice website...they narrowed the new drama category to 5, and OUAT is on that final list...

Aggie Mom

Spoilers!

I thought last night's episode was great! So we know that the EQ hated Snow White and marrying her father was part of her revenge. I have no idea why, though.

I loved Graham remembering. He bought into Henry's fairy tale story completely. Emma saw the wolf and helped him chase it. I wonder if she really believes Henry now, too. Somehow, I doubt that Graham is really dead. I thought the whole ______ slave bit in Fairy Tale land after the EQ stole his heart was a bit extreme. And he seemed scared, but I wondered why he'd be scared if his heart was gone.

And I was really shocked at the Regina going into Fairy Tale land at the end. That seems awfully risky to able to access it that easily. It also makes it more plausible that in the episode where Henry and the psych go into the mine, that it really could be an opening into the Fairy tale land.

Mr. Gold is creepy. I think he is the most evil character on the show. I fear more for what he could do than the EQ. Any thoughts on what he was doing digging in the forest?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Last night's episode was really good.

I didn't catch on that the mausoleum was a pathway to the actual Fairytale Land, I somehow thought her "safe deposit boxes" (that's what they look like to me!) had been brought with her, so thanks, and now that I see it that way, I agree with you about the mine. Don't know what to think about Graham really being dead, I figured as much with when his glowy red heart was ground into grey dust, but now you've got me wondering if he'll just turn up comatose in the hospital.

Mr. Gold is absolutely totally creepy. The first thing I said to my hubby last night was, what's he been doing with that shovel. :lol:

I think the EQ is more evil, though, because she does bad things to people for her own enjoyment or to meet her own needs (or whatever she gets out of doing nasty things), whereas it seems to me that Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin takes advantage of people's weaknesses to benefit himself. It's kind of like your own moral lapse brings about your downfall, even though he is absolutely encouraging that moral lapse so he can benefit from it. He's certainly self-serving and, as you say, evil, but I think that if you are strong enough to resist the temptation of his deal, he can't do anything to you. If EQ wants to do something nasty to you, she will do it, and maybe she is likelier to do you in if you are good/innocent.

Good discussion!! I'm glad the show seems to be doing well, too.

PartOfYourWorld

I would like to join the discussion over here!

I would actually like to agree with Tiggerish above to say I didn't realize that the grave was a pathway to actual Fairy Tale Land, crazy. I figured the mine was, but the grave I assumed her hearts just came over as well.

I think the character of Rumpelstiltskin is probably the greatest character on that show. He gets involved in every situation, but makes it so it looks good to everyone without realizing that it is mainly for his benefit. But I have no idea as to what he was doing in the woods! I've been trying to think since Sunday what it could be but my mind is blank.

Can't wait until the show returns next year!

Tigggrl

Anyone watching the Marathon? I am catching things now that make so much more sense than when the episodes first aired!

Aggie Mom

I can't decide what to think about last night's episode. Delving into Rumplestiltskin's story was really interesting. I think it left me with more questions than answers, though. I thought the Storybrooke side of the show was a little corny.

I guess the power he got through the knife turned him evil? I am curious what happened with his son. He sounded like he was keeping hi9m safe, but at the end, his body language certainly looked threatening. I didn't think it really explained why he likes deals so much. It was really cool to see the human side, though. It helps explain (a little) why he's helping Emma, but I still the he's got other motivations.

My biggest question is why everyone in town is afraid of him. He doesn't swagger around the town like Regina. I know he owns the town, but it seems more like he's a weird old guy who mainly keeps to himself.

My two thoughts on random things: 1) I think his favor from Emma might be to kill him and take his power after the curse is undone, and 2) anybody else think the dagger is embedded in his cane? He clearly isn't answering to anyone.

I need to rewatch it soon. I was pretty distracted while watching last night.

PartOfYourWorld

Anyone see the hidden Mickey Mouse stuffed animal in Mr. Gold's case?? It was during the scene where Emma went to leave after confronting Mr. Gold about the fire. Mickey is sitting at the bottom of the case. :)

etwtec

How come in the second episode when the EQ met with maleficent, the EQ seemed to be more powerful? I thought maleficent was supposed to be "the queen of all evil"? lol. IMO I wish maleficent was the main character instead of EQ! lol. Although whoever played maleficent and the costume was horrible! None the less I hope we see more of maleficent in the show!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can't decide what to think about last night's episode. Delving into Rumplestiltskin's story was really interesting. I think it left me with more questions than answers, though. I thought the Storybrooke side of the show was a little corny.

I guess the power he got through the knife turned him evil? I am curious what happened with his son. He sounded like he was keeping hi9m safe, but at the end, his body language certainly looked threatening. I didn't think it really explained why he likes deals so much. It was really cool to see the human side, though. It helps explain (a little) why he's helping Emma, but I still the he's got other motivations.

My biggest question is why everyone in town is afraid of him. He doesn't swagger around the town like Regina. I know he owns the town, but it seems more like he's a weird old guy who mainly keeps to himself.

My two thoughts on random things: 1) I think his favor from Emma might be to kill him and take his power after the curse is undone, and 2) anybody else think the dagger is embedded in his cane? He clearly isn't answering to anyone.

I need to rewatch it soon. I was pretty distracted while watching last night.

I fell behind a week and had to watch the Rumplestiltskin episode this week, just before Hansel & Gretel.

On your two random thoughts: as the Fonz used to say, WOAH--are you a fly on the writers' wall? :lol: I hope that #1 would not come to pass, even as I admit that you just might be right. That would be terrible.

I think everyone's afraid of him becuase he's not just weird, he's sinister. If you owe him, payback's gonna be major. Although I can't help but wonder, did he just take credit for Emma's standing up to him during the debate, even though it would probably have been easy to guess that she would have done that, rather than caused it.

It was nice to see H&G's story work out. Wonder who's the guy who rode into town on the motorcycle, and what's in the box on the back of it???

Aggie Mom

I wish I was a fly on the writers' wall!

I started getting pretty impatient with this week's episode because it seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. But, now that I think about it, it showed that Emma can defy Regina's power.

So what do you think about the car. Do you think it she faked it dying, or was it part of the whole "you can't leave Storybrooke" curse? I think it must have really died, because the city limits sign was so prominent in the background.

I don't have any ideas about the guy on the motorcycle. The fact that he came from the outside world means he can't be a fairytale character, right? Emma was the only one save from the curse. I wondered if he could be Henry's father? People who aren't connected don't come to Storybrooke, and that's the only connection I can think of. Emma sure didn't act like it, though. I didn't even notice the box on the back of the motorcycle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom