Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Donald Duck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wtyy21

Once Upon A Studio premieres on ABC during The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney’s 100th Anniversary Celebration! on October 15 at 8pm ET.

It may be wrong about whether Mickey's voice in the short is Bret Iwan or Chris Diamantopoulos, but from what i heard about his voice in the short, it's nothing like Bret's voice that supposed to be. Phrase like "Oh Boy", C'mon Minnie", etc. feels bit different in the short. If it's true that Chris voice Mickey in the short, it will be the first time Chris voice Mickey outside the 2013 tv series and it's derivative works by Paul Rudish.

Just the little Mickey voice comparison in the previous documentary film: Mickey The Story of the Mouse.

Magenta Panther

Once Upon A Studio premieres on ABC during The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney’s 100th Anniversary Celebration! on October 15 at 8pm ET.

Here's the new poster.

View attachment 744165

Cute little commercial. Reminds people of what Disney USED to be.

Interesting that the studio decided to use 1940's Mickey, as opposed to the new Mickey Mouse shorts incarnation. I've never been crazy about the rubbery 1940's version (prefer the classic button-eyed 1920's Mickey), but I suppose it is a better blend with the rest of the animated characters shown in this ad. And, while I'm a fan of the new Mickey shorts, I'd be fine if that design version faded away now. The gross exaggerations, over-the-top takes and weird character design got pretty wearing after awhile.

Twilight_Roxas

Interesting that the studio decided to use 1940's Mickey, as opposed to the new Mickey Mouse shorts incarnation. I've never been crazy about the rubbery 1940's version (prefer the classic button-eyed 1920's Mickey), but I suppose it is a better blend with the rest of the animated characters shown in this ad. And, while I'm a fan of the new Mickey shorts, I'd be fine if that design version faded away now. The gross exaggerations, over-the-top takes and weird character design got pretty wearing after awhile.
You mean his contact lenses?

TsWade2

Original Poster

Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse shorts are not meant to be like Ren & Stimpy. I understand the Paul Rudish’s Mickey Mouse shorts has to end, but their not that bad.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Pocahontas doesn't even have a disclaimer on Disney plus (even though it's arguably more problematic than many of the films that do). I wouldn't expect the Brers to appear.
I feel like Pocahontas deserves a disclaimer more than The Jungle Book or Aladdin. It's weird they consider King Louie "problematic" but continue to include him on merchandise and park shows. I can get why, but during the film's production Walt told them not to get Louis Armstrong because of the possible connotations of the role.

Hey guys i just got some Update about Once Upon a Studio and although it comes from Twitter a User named (Courtney Howard (@lulumaybelle) said that Once Upon a Studio will not play in theaters in Front of Wish (And it also says it's still Oscars Eligible)

TsWade2

Original Poster
Hey guys i just got some Update about Once Upon a Studio and although it comes from Twitter a User named (Courtney Howard (@lulumaybelle) said that Once Upon a Studio will not play in theaters in Front of Wish (And it also says it's still Oscars Eligible)
Well, that’s a bummer.😢Oh well! At least I can watch it on ABC and it’ll come to DisneyPlus the day after that.😉

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not seeing any reference to this on that users X (twitter). Possible that person saw a preview of Wish which didn't have the short in front of it.

Besides not sure how much I believe a random post on X (twitter) from a "film critic" anyways.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Not seeing any reference to this on that users X (twitter). Possible that person saw a preview of Wish which didn't have the short in front of it.

Besides not sure how much I believe a random post on X (twitter) from a "film critic" anyways.

I think this is the reference? It appears they were at the press event last week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom