Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Donald Duck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Groaning at the lack of any Disney park characters. For a short that claims to honor Walt, they don't have anything from what he was focused on the most.
I think they are just showing characters from Walt Disney Animation Studios, not Pixar or parks characters.
I vaguely recall them mentioning a couple parks characters appearing, I'd put them in over Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars.

Ghost93

I vaguely recall them mentioning a couple parks characters appearing, I'd put them in over Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars.
Pixar has at least always been Disney-adjacent, with every film of theirs being distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. So I wouldn't hate seeing Pixar movies represented.

But whenever I see Disney try to act like Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and the 20th Century films are their creations, it annoys me for some reason.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Pixar has at least always been Disney-adjacent, with every film of theirs being distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. So I wouldn't hate seeing Pixar movies represented.

But whenever I see Disney try to act like Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and the 20th Century films are their creations, it annoys me for some reason.
I legit didn't like seeing them use space for the 100th anniversary exhibit on Marvel and Star Wars.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't think I've heard, and certainly can't find anything on the interwebs stating otherwise, any other characters but WDAS charcaters would be appearing. No Parks, No Pixar, No Lucas, No Marvel, none, only WDAS characters.

This is billed as the 100 Years of WDAS short, not the whole company and not to just honor Walt. Obviously they could surprise us, but anyone anticipating any other characters from other parts of the company is likely setting themselves up for disappointment.

Ghost93

I don't think I've heard, and certainly can't find anything on the interwebs stating otherwise, any other characters but WDAS charcaters would be appearing. No Parks, No Pixar, No Lucas, No Marvel, none, only WDAS characters.

This is billed as the 100 Years of WDAS short, not the whole company and not to just honor Walt. Obviously they could surprise us, but anyone anticipating any other characters from other parts of the company is likely setting themselves up for disappointment.
I mean, it's called Once Upon a Studio, not Once Upon Studios.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I mean, it's called Once Upon a Studio, not Once Upon Studios.
Exactly, its always been about WDAS not the rest of the company.

I think some posters confuse this as being a short for the entire 100th Anniversary, which it is not. And then other posters hoping for Brers to show up; but we already know that isn't going to happen as SotS wasn't a WDAS production and they aren't going to acknowledge that film anyways.

Twilight_Roxas

From what I heard. Robin Williams’ character the lost boy from Back to Neverland is said to appear in Once Upon a Studio.
IMG_6744.jpeg

Ghost93

I think some posters confuse this as being a short for the entire 100th Anniversary, which it is not. And then other posters hoping for Brers to show up; but we already know that isn't going to happen as SotS wasn't a WDAS production and they aren't going to acknowledge that film anyways.
The animated segments of Song of the South were done by Walt Disney Animation Studios, actually. THe film isn't part of the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon because most of it is live-action, but it would not be inaccurate to feature the Brers.

Still, there is no way they will be featured. Had the short come out 5 years ago, before the Splash Mountain retheme, I think they would have been featured, but the company is going to do what it can from here on out to not reference Song of the South...(laughing place ranch aside).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The animated segments of Song of the South were done by Walt Disney Animation Studios, actually. THe film isn't part of the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon because most of it is live-action, but it would not be inaccurate to feature the Brers.

Still, there is no way they will be featured. Had the short come out 5 years ago, before the Splash Mountain retheme, I think they would have been featured, but the company is going to do what it can from here on out to not reference Song of the South...(laughing place ranch aside).
Agreed, no way they are going to reference anything to do with that film.

Ghost93

Agreed, no way they are going to reference anything to do with that film.
I think the main reason they won't is that after the Splash retheme there has been increased scrutiny of Song of the South as an IP. There are now media clickbait articles highlighting every reference to it in the parks, and reporting on dumb things like the Zip A Dee Doo Dah instrumental being removed from the park loops. A few years ago, a reference to the Brers would have just been an easter egg for hardcore fans. Today, it would just spur needless debate from all sides.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the main reason they won't is that after the Splash retheme there has been increased scrutiny of Song of the South as an IP. There are now media clickbait articles highlighting every reference to it in the parks, and reporting on dumb things like the Zip A Dee Doo Dah instrumental being removed from the park loops. A few years ago, a reference to the Brers would have just been an easter egg for hardcore fans. Today, it would just spur needless debate from all sides.
Agreed, but lets not rehash all the stuff from the Tiana retheme threads. This short is not about that and will not have any reference to it.

Twilight_Roxas

The only ones from live action Disney films are the Reluctant Dragon, the penguins, and Elliot. May me wonder why isn’t Professor Owl there. Along with Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

According to a leaked image, several characters from the studio's hybrid films appear in the short.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Still doesn't change the fact that the Brers will not be in the short.....
I know you like the Brer characters, so do I, but like it or not, Disney doesn't want anything to do with Song of the South. I'm very sorry.
I know they're not, they aren't in the leaked image nor have they been mentioned anywhere. It sucks to see them acknowledge more controversial IP like Pocahontas over it, but it is what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom