• Other

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Donald Duck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TsWade2

Original Poster
There is nothing wrong with this thread, and there is nothing political here my friend. So calm down, we're just having a discussion here.

Also we don't know if that particular Pixar project got cancelled or not, it could have been, or maybe they are still working on it. There has been no word on it since this casting call, so maybe it did. I'm sure we'll find out sometime in the future.

As for the short in June we don't know what it will be, which why this Pixar project got brought up in the first place. Its fine, nothing wrong with discussing this particular Pixar project.

Maybe the short will be something Mickey related. Maybe it'll be a new IP short like Paperman. We just don't know and will have to wait.

Anyways, calm down and just enjoy the discussion. :)
Okay. I'm sorry, I just have my opinion from another thread, but sadly you might not agree with me, but that's another story. Anyway, I do have a feeling that it has to be hand drawn Mickey Mouse short as part of his 95th anniversary or maybe a House of Mouse style like crossover short as part of Disney's 100 anniversary. Probably a little similar to that Simpsons short on DisneyPlus but more family friendly. But we'll see next month.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Okay. I'm sorry, I just have my opinion from another thread, but sadly you might not agree with me, but that's another story. Anyway, I do have a feeling that it has to be hand drawn Mickey Mouse short as part of his 95th anniversary or maybe a House of Mouse style like crossover short as part of Disney's 100 anniversary. Probably a little similar to that Simpsons short on DisneyPlus but more family friendly. But we'll see next month.
Everyone has different opinions on everything, that is called life. No one ever agrees on everything, it would be pretty boring if they did.

And yes we'll find out next month what the short is going to be.

TsWade2

Original Poster
Sorry to bump this again, but i kind of wonder what if this surprise short going to be more of The Search of Mickey Mouse kind of short? Or maybe more like a House of Mouse style short where Mickey and his friends make a family type reunion with Disney characters from animated features and shorts. It's Disney's 100th anniversary after all. But i guess we have to wait until next month to find out. Man, the suspense is killing me!😬

TsWade2

Original Poster
Sorry to bump this once again, but I made a slight error of the date when this upcoming surprise short will debut at the Annecy festival. It's going to premiere on June 11th. However, since it's going to debut in France, I think we'll find out the name and the details of the short the day after that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The new Disney surprise short has been revealed!
It's called Once Upon Time A Studio.

And I love what I'm hearing! 🥹 WHEE!:D

Here's more information: https://deadline.com/2023/06/annecy-opening-ceremony-defiance-knife-attack-1235413888/

The title is a bit off. It is a bad translation into Spanish, which this Twitter account (not affiliated with Disney) blindly copied and translated back into English.

It is "Once Upon a Studio."

Prior to the opening film, the audience was also treated to the world premiere of Dan Abraham and Trent Correy’s new short Once Upon A Studio celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary.
The pair explained how they had initiated the project off the grid, working nights and weekends to figure out a way to pay tribute to the studio and its legacy.
The clever work, featuring a cameo by legendary 70-year animator Burny Mattinson, sees Mickey Mouse corralling a gallery of legendary Disney characters for a group photo.
Abraham and Correy described the work as a “love letter” to the studio.

TsWade2

Original Poster
The title is a bit off. It is a bad translation into Spanish, which this Twitter account (not affiliated with Disney) blindly copied and translated back into English.

It is "Once Upon a Studio."

Prior to the opening film, the audience was also treated to the world premiere of Dan Abraham and Trent Correy’s new short Once Upon A Studio celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary.
The pair explained how they had initiated the project off the grid, working nights and weekends to figure out a way to pay tribute to the studio and its legacy.
The clever work, featuring a cameo by legendary 70-year animator Burny Mattinson, sees Mickey Mouse corralling a gallery of legendary Disney characters for a group photo.
Abraham and Correy described the work as a “love letter” to the studio.
Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. But thank you.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's a few more details from Variety that I don't believe the other articles had.

"A passion project, started on the fly in anticipation of the Mouse House’s centenary this year, the nine-minute short brings more than four hundred characters back to life, throwing hand-drawn, CG and live action characters into a dizzy mix as they collectively buzz around the Roy E. Disney animation building on the Disney studio lot, causing gentle comic mayhem and leading towards a sentimental close set to the studio’s most emblematic song."

"Soon enough, the walls very much do, as Mickey and Minnie spring loose from hanged photos, rousing Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog,” Peter Pan and Wendy too, Moana, Maui, and Merlin, alongside Elsa and Goofy and Winnie the Pooh. Oh and about four hundred more – with “Zootopia” fan favorite Flash Slothmore drawing the screening’s two biggest laughs."

TsWade2

Original Poster
Here's a few more details from Variety that I don't believe the other articles had.

"A passion project, started on the fly in anticipation of the Mouse House’s centenary this year, the nine-minute short brings more than four hundred characters back to life, throwing hand-drawn, CG and live action characters into a dizzy mix as they collectively buzz around the Roy E. Disney animation building on the Disney studio lot, causing gentle comic mayhem and leading towards a sentimental close set to the studio’s most emblematic song."

"Soon enough, the walls very much do, as Mickey and Minnie spring loose from hanged photos, rousing Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog,” Peter Pan and Wendy too, Moana, Maui, and Merlin, alongside Elsa and Goofy and Winnie the Pooh. Oh and about four hundred more – with “Zootopia” fan favorite Flash Slothmore drawing the screening’s two biggest laughs."

Thank you!

Trent added that forty voice actors were brought back into the studio to record dialogue for the project.

I'm really crossing my fingers that they brought back Paige O'Hara to voice Belle. I know that her voice has changed so much over the years, but they still had her do Belle's voice briefly for Ralph Breaks the Internet. Paige is also my all-time favorite female celebrity. I've met her twice and she is so incredibly classy and sweet.

brb1006

Screenshot from "Once Upon A Studio"
OnceUponAStudio.jpg

tcool123

spiritually reminds me of the axed princess academy short

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom