On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why are you comparing them to other companies? That has nothing to do with the fact that they can scale.

Because you stated "It’s so simple that you’d think other companies would figure out what work"

The point was as stated... a good portion of that success is hard to replicate at scale. And what is scale in that industry? Let's look at the competitors... and the kinds of companies that have not figured out how to replicate their success in their own product. Hence why someone would 'compare them to other companies' when someone postulates why 'other companies' haven't figured out how to duplicate their success.

TrainsOfDisney

The one near me does as well. But they are bringing in billions in revenue (billions with a b) so it doesn’t seem like their customers care about the dated style.

Their revenues are estimated at 5 billion... I'm sure HL would love having 20-40% net profit margins but I'm pretty confident that's not the case :)
Happy now? This game is getting old.

Goofyernmost

Billions? How? Is it just markup/not much need for labor/product never goes bad?
I good drug pusher cannot make even close to that. I think the numbers need to be re-evaluated. I'm sure the main company makes that much, but an individual store, nope, can't buy it. Chic-fil-A is company owned so over all profits are possible, but independant franchises , not a chance.

Goofyernmost

I’m sorry, if I came acrosss that way that’s wrong of me and out of line.

What you said, I don’t agree with. But it goes into political / religious views that are not appropriate for this part of the forum.
I'm neither political (normally) or religious (ever) but I do know right from wrong and that is a social problem. Call it what you want, it doesn't change anything. Can we stop this endless banter now, please.

TrainsOfDisney

And what is scale in that industry? Let's look at the competitors...
Right, I’m looking at the whole industry. They are #19 on a list of the top 32.

And their per store sales average are getting close to 10x the number #1 on the list which is subway.

Parker in NYC

I'm neither political (normally) or religious (ever) but I do know right from wrong and that is a social problem. Call it what you want, it doesn't change anything. Can we stop this endless banter now, please.
I loathe the "I'm not political" song and dance. We're all political, especially those who say they aren't... or (normally) are. And children listen, and either follow in kind or rebel or pretend to rebel and settle back into their parent's beliefs.

Heppenheimer

Since we're already off-topic...

I've noticed that In-and-Out Burger seems to have a more devoted fan base than I would expect for a burger and fries joint. They're not in my area of the country, so I can't just go out and try it. But I will visit California again some day. Convince me why I should stop there, especially for someone who really tries to avoid fast food whenever possible.

FigmentFan82

I've noticed that In-and-Out Burger seems to have a more devoted fan base than I would expect for a burger and fries joint. They're not in my area of the country, so I can't just go out and try it. But I will visit California again some day. Convince me why I should stop there, especially for someone who really tries to avoid fast food whenever possible.
Its a really good burger

TrainsOfDisney

I love in-n-out but a lot of it is a cultural thing. The food is good, but it’s good fast food. It’s not a gourmet burger and fries shop, nor is it pretending to be.

The quality is good, fresh not frozen beef that comes from only a couple of farms. Potatoes are freshly cut and fried.

Since all of the stores are company owned, they don’t up the price in tourist areas. Best deal in town in Las Vegas.

You’ll probably think it’s over rated. It probably is. But I love it. Ha.

Riverrafter21

Blah blah blah on topic political banter blah blah...

Honestly I kinda like Freddy's better than In-N-Out, but I agree it's a great burger. Easily in my top 5

UNCgolf

It's honestly not that great. I tried two different locations while in LA a couple of years ago, and while it was pretty good, I've had other fast/quick service burgers elsewhere that were just as good if not better. That was also the consensus among my friends -- everybody liked it, but none of us could really figure out why it seems to have such a cult following. It doesn't compare to a high end burger anywhere, but it's not trying to.

It's of a much higher quality than something like McDonald's or Wendy's for sure, but I didn't think it was any better than, say, Five Guys.

Heppenheimer

I love in-n-out but a lot of it is a cultural thing. The food is good, but it’s good fast food. It’s not a gourmet burger and fries shop, nor is it pretending to be.

The quality is good, fresh not frozen beef that comes from only a couple of farms. Potatoes are freshly cut and fried.

Since all of the stores are company owned, they don’t up the price in tourist areas. Best deal in town in Las Vegas.

You’ll probably think it’s over rated. It probably is. But I love it. Ha.
So, perhaps not completely comparable because it isn't a restaurant, but kind of like Wawa for the greater Philadelphia region (including southern New Jersey)? There's nothing particularly great about it, but they just do their niche much better than their competitors.

TrainsOfDisney

So, perhaps not completely comparable because it isn't a restaurant, but kind of like Wawa for the greater Philadelphia region (including southern New Jersey)? There's nothing particularly great about it, but they just do their niche much better than their competitors.
Yes I’d say that’s a really good comparison. I’m more of a sheetz fan myself.

Goofyernmost

I loathe the "I'm not political" song and dance. We're all political, especially those who say they aren't... or (normally) are. And children listen, and either follow in kind or rebel or pretend to rebel and settle back into their parent's beliefs.
Of course, we are! Know why? Because we are being forced into it. Everything, be it something that should be political or not is being made political because the most immoral people in the world are attempting to force their viewpoint of morality on all of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom