On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Disneyland68

This is it. The people who are saying the Disney execs should be ashamed to take their compensation packages while frontline CMs are furloughed don't seem to appreciate how much risk actually climbs as you progress through corporate leadership.

After riding the COVID wave in my industry and watching how CEOs have reacted, I've gotten a better picture of the amazing stress they are under trying to navigate challenges that they never expected to encounter. Now multiply that by 1,000 when you are talking about the ELT of a company with so much breadth in the economy as Disney. Every move these executives make are being watched by the board, the market, regulators and shareholders not to mention the media and a rabid Disney fanbase. The number of people who have the talent and skill to work in this environment are few in number. Those who do should be compensated for their work.
Aloha,

I would gladly accept a role as a Disney executive. After serving 38 years with the Navy (including 14 deployments) in the logistics arena, I would be totally numb to any "pressure". It's all about leadership. Listen to your customers, exceed your customer's expectations, create clear objective goals, obtain the resources to meet those goals, establish open communication channels both up and down the chain of command, motivate and sincerely care for your people. Don't be consumed with PC. If necessary, put on the blinders.

Ldno

Aloha,

I would gladly accept a role as a Disney executive. After serving 38 years with the Navy (including 14 deployments) in the logistics arena, I would be totally numb to any "pressure". It's all about leadership. Listen to your customers, exceed your customer's expectations, create clear objective goals, obtain the resources to meet those goals, establish open communication channels both up and down the chain of command, motivate and sincerely care for your people. Don't be consumed with PC. If necessary, put on the blinders.

You say that now, but As a veteran myself, we can all meet the criteria but at the end of the idea It’s all a numbers game to corporations, i tried to be transparent through and through but they will still say I am not that efficient, I tend to notice that people who focus on numbers don’t give the best of customer expectations but they were the ones getting snatched up the promotional ladder real quick. Granted in the military it was all competition to get promoted and we can easily take responsibility for our actions, but in my experience in telecoms they always chose candidates that took the easy left over the hard right.

To the cast members who got the furloughed noticed my heart goes out to you! Even if you run out of unemployment you can still take advantage of PEUC, but before you decide to “move on” use your health benefits to every extent. I pay for private benefits and they do not compare to corporate benefits, heck It’s the biggest regret i have right now, they could have completed my dental treatments with a 700 bucks worth of deductible at the time while right now they are asking 4,200 for the same treatment, life sucks.

the.dreamfinder

Aloha,

Is empathy PC now?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Aloha,

After 38 years in the Navy, you're probably not ready for the backstabbing and politics that takes place in Corporate America.

Military slogan: There is no "I" in "team."

Corporate slogan: I am the most important part of any team.

Corporate executive slogan: I own the team; it exists to serve my interests. If those happen to coincide with the company's, great. If not, no biggie.

Lilofan

After 38 years in the Navy, you're probably not ready for the backstabbing and politics that takes place in Corporate America.

Military slogan: There is no "I" in "team."

Corporate slogan: I am the most important part of any team.

Corporate executive slogan: I own the team; it exists to serve my interests. If those happen to coincide with the company's, great. If not, no biggie.
One big difference with the Navy and Corporate America. The Navy has better job security.

Tay

First the closure was going to build lots of pent-up demand for the parks. Then it was masks keeping people away. Then it was the State Line travel bans. Now it’s the ticket price and limited services. Why can’t it just be that there’s a global pandemic and sane and unselfish people don’t want to travel to a theme park right now?

Disney wants money. They just don’t want money that comes stained with the irreparable PR of a superspreader event.
So then why not stay close instead of opening the biggest tourist attraction in the world in the middle of a global pandemic?

Tay

Money is why. They can't afford to stay closed.
Not according to the person who I replied to. If they really cared so much about people’s health they would have stay closed during a global pandemic or at least postponed when the state they are had record cases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom