On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Tom Morrow

So, did that sequel thread ever happen or did this just die out like the last time we had a big bombshell thread?
This thread happened because people within the high ranks of TWDC needed to paint an ultimate doom & gloom scenario so when the next conference happened the actual numbers would look really good by comparison.

Expect another 'bombshell" thread the next time the company needs to influence public opinion on something.

DVCakaCarlF

This thread happened because people within the high ranks of TWDC needed to paint an ultimate doom & gloom scenario so when the next conference happened the actual numbers would look really good by comparison.

Expect another 'bombshell" thread the next time the company needs to influence public opinion on something.
“I’m not even mad...I’m impressed.” - Anchorman

_caleb

Not according to the person who I replied to. If they really cared so much about people’s health they would have stay closed during a global pandemic or at least postponed when the state they are had record cases.
I was the person you replied to, and I literally said that Disney reopened because they want money:
Disney wants money. They just don’t want money that comes stained with the irreparable PR of a superspreader event.
Maybe my point in the first part of my post was unclear: l was addressing all the fans here who were looking for reasons that attendance has been so low. They’re blaming it on everything but the actual virus (because they want to promote the idea that it’s not as big a deal as people are making it out to be).

@Jrb1979 is correct, Disney re-opened after the pandemic closure for the money. They went to the time, trouble, and expense to add all the risk mitigation measures because they don’t want bad PR.

GimpYancIent

I was the person you replied to, and I literally said that Disney reopened because they want money:

Maybe my point in the first part of my post was unclear: l was addressing all the fans here who were looking for reasons that attendance has been so low. They’re blaming it on everything but the actual virus (because they want to promote the idea that it’s not as big a deal as people are making it out to be).

@Jrb1979 is correct, Disney re-opened after the pandemic closure for the money. They went to the time, trouble, and expense to add all the risk mitigation measures because they don’t want bad PR.
The COVID19 Genie is out of the bottle and will not be going back in. Disney is the bar and opening is correct to develop through practical application ways to deal with the Genie and live rather than exist in self imposed isolation. Of course reality in the corporate world $ is the driving force.

_caleb

The COVID19 Genie is out of the bottle and will not be going back in. Disney is the bar and opening is correct to develop through practical application ways to deal with the Genie and live rather than exist in self imposed isolation. Of course reality in the corporate world $ is the driving force.
What? Who is saying Disney should “exist in self imposed isolation?”

We were discussing why people aren’t going to Disney World. I said that it’s because of the virus. Others were saying it’s because of the mask requirements.

DisneyDebRob

We were discussing why people aren’t going to Disney World. I said that it’s because of the virus. Others were saying it’s because of the mask requirements.
I see both sides. Most aren’t going because of the pandemic, and can anyone blame them? Loss of jobs.. worrying about financial situations.. getting Covid..etc. don’t blame any of them one bit. Have to do what you believe is best for their family.
I’m not going because of the masks, reduced entertainment..etc. there are many in this boat also. Not that I don’t think it’s right for all the safety measures, I do and they should continue to do it. It’s not for me though right now.

_caleb

I see both sides. Most aren’t going because of the pandemic, and can anyone blame them? Loss of jobs.. worrying about financial situations.. getting Covid..etc. don’t blame any of them one bit. Have to do what you believe is best for their family.
I’m not going because of the masks, reduced entertainment..etc. there are many in this boat also. Not that I don’t think it’s right for all the safety measures, I do and they should continue to do it. It’s not for me though right now.
Exactly. Didn’t mean to imply that people are staying away for only one reason or another. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s the pandemic that has changed things for us. This includes our priorities, our comfort levels, Disney’s risk mitigation efforts, etc.

I’m just not a fan of the argument that we can pinpoint a specific thing that’s keeping people away (and that if we just change that one thing, everything would go back to normal) other than the broad category of “the pandemic!”

Dave Z

Because New York has Florida on the list of states we would need to isolate when we got back,

Animaniac93-98

The mask requirement exists because of the virus, same with the reduction in entertainment, mandatory quarantine etc. They're all part of the same root cause, whether or not individuals take the virus as seriously as others.

DVCakaCarlF

They closed because Bob Iger can’t stand to be in control and was laying the ground work for his presidential ambitions...I can just see him flaunting around telling everyone “he” decided to close down because the country wasn’t doing enough...whatever, he needs to hurry up and move on.0

Tay

This has already been discussed 2,923 times...they should’ve never closed, tbh.
No for real? I wasn’t aware. I have focused on school and saw that I had replies from 2 weeks ago and replied back because the poster was very hostile toward me like I’m not aware people are dying, starving and unemployed. Sorry I have a life and not on here everyday and just wanted a break after my favorite actor died.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I submit that it is political now given each governor trading jabs vs science

The tri-state governors just didn't name a state because it was in the news as "a hot spot." They laid out specific metrics for which states require a quarantine which has gotten up to over 30 states, some of which have gone on and off the list based on those public metrics and not because of any feelz. The list includes red *and* blue states.

DVCakaCarlF

The tri-state governors just didn't name a state because it was in the news as "a hot spot." They laid out specific metrics for which states require a quarantine which has gotten up to over 30 states, some of which have gone on and off the list based on those public metrics and not because of any feelz. The list includes red *and* blue states.
As far as I’m concerned, the whole Tri state area should have been quarantined and we wouldn’t even be in this situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom