On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Lilofan

If you use a trash picker against the ground as if a walking cane in front of all guests, that is a bad example of leadership. That is the bad leadership I am speaking of. You can have ten top leadership positions become five, if they had the same negative influence or atmospheres, then you have the same bad or worse leadership. It takes philosophy changes or reform to make things better. Less drops of posison in a drink can still be enough to seem like poision.
Try walking in their shoes and see what pressures they deal with day to day. It's different from punching a time clock to start your day. If you want to make a difference, "stop talking and start doing" .- Walt Disney quote

Last edited:

Hcalvert

Tell me more about what I don’t know.

Or I can tell you about how unions are a joke in a right to work state. And I say this as a former teamster and former member of IATSE.
I agree that unions in a right to work state are substantially weaker than their counterparts. No striking and "my way or the highway" mentality doesn't work for me and I would not pay contributions toward it to really not have protections. I was a teacher in Florida and when they didn't do much to stop merit pay and the dissolution of tenure, I left even though I would have been grandfathered in. I knew I was giving up tenure, but the experience steps increase was a joke (like $250/year), so that didn't really sway me either.

the.dreamfinder

Mayer is in a different category. Poor guy was being groomed to be the next ceo and then Iger played favorites and pulled the Chapek card bc he knew the ship was sinking. Then Mayer made a move to a company that now may be illegal in the US so the guy can't win ahaha.
Disney execs are not your friends. As evidenced by Staggs and Rasulo, Iger picks senior people who aren’t a threat to him. Then he kicks them to the curb when he’s done with them.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Disney execs are not your friends. As evidenced by Staggs and Rasulo, Iger picks senior people who aren’t a threat to him. Then he kicks them to the curb when he’s done with them.
If one thinks your peer is your friend regardless of level in the company, not just bosses, then there is bridge for sale.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I remember being at a Six Flags park and seeing the park president picking up trash outside one of the restaurants. I thought that was commendable. I later saw him waving goodbye to guests at the end of the night.
It happens when we visit the parks, however some posters just lump them all into another category.

the.dreamfinder

If one thinks your peer is your friend regardless of level in the company, not just bosses, then there is bridge for sale.
True, but I’m talking about the way fans discuss say D’Amaro. They act as if he’s the guy who’s going to save the parks because he knows how to present himself well to influencers.

Though it is nice to have someone in charge who has credible theme park experience for the first time in 20 years.

Polkadotdress

If you use a trash picker against the ground as if a walking cane in front of all guests, that is a bad example of leadership. That is the bad leadership I am speaking of. You can have ten top leadership positions become five, if they had the same negative influence or atmospheres, then you have the same bad or worse leadership. It takes philosophy changes or reform to make things better. Less drops of posison in a drink can still be enough to seem like poision.

What? You say this speaking from experience? Where exactly should said "bad leader" carry their trash picker when there is no trash to pick up?

Firmly disagree.

Jrb1979

Defunctland is full of inaccuracies and clickbait.
I enjoy his videos as well as expedition theme park. I like learning about the history of theme parks. I don't watch a lot of the Disney ones as I don't find their history fascinating. I would say my favorite videos by both of them was on Son of Beast coaster at Kings Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom