OMG 72 Minutes on hold

beefog

Original Poster
I can't believe I was on hold for 72 minutes this morning to make ADRs 180 days out.:mad: It is absolutely crazy. I did get what I want but still at 7:02 am I got the hold music, it was nuts. Is the week of Dec 8th that busy :eek:
Ok done venting proceed to flame.

just to let people know

I got the Castle for breakfast 9:10 monday the 8th, ohans 5:30 for the 9th, Citricos 5:30 for the 7th, and Park fare for 9:30 on the 11th (the park fare was the only time they had for when I am going to be there)

reptar77

Maybe you got stuck in a weird phone que. We always go around that time and crowds are not bad at all. Most of the time we can walk up and get seated. Ok not for CRT or LeCell but one can dreeeeaaammmm.

DizneyPryncess

That's one of my favorite times of year to go to WDW, the crowds are great! You did great with your ADR's, got a lot of good things! I think the free dining is causing a lot more popularity w/Disney restaurants, and the idea that you have to call 180 days out at 7:00 AM is becoming more well known. It's awesome that you got what you wanted. :)

Have a great trip, enjoy all the holiday festivities! The festival of lights at Hollywood Studios is my personal fave!

gabroccoli

just tried getting adr's for the Castle, for breakfast (12/3-12/8 any of the days). Not 1 Breakfast to be had. Had to settle for a 1:30pm lunch On the 7th.

sweetpee_1993

I called this morning, too, as it's also my 180 day mark. I called at 7:03 a.m. by my cell phone clock which shoulda made it 8:03 WDW time. Was on hold maybe 3-4 mins. Got all the ADRs I wanted but had to settle for LeCellier at 9:05 p.m. on Thursday the 11th. There was zero availability the night of my 1st choice. I'm thinking they're holding back some for the CP packages. I'm going to try to stay on top of it so I can get a CP package w/LeCellier. Anywhoo, last December we were there the 1st week and it was busier than we were used to seeing in Jan/Feb but the decorations were worth it. This trip we'll be there for the 2nd week. We'll have to see how it goes.

fauna

I called early saturday am (around 8) at 174 days out and wasn't on hold even for one second. I wasn't trying for CRT or Hoop, so I waited for a weekend morning when less people call. I got everything I wanted (not as many this year, trying to save some $$)

tink68

I got put on hold once for what seemed like forever and I finally hung up. Called right back and got right on. I think I was in some strange holding pattern. :lol: I made mine awhile back and got The Plaza, Spoodles, Chef Mickeys, Kona Cafe and Coral Reef. The rest of the time we may be fighting with the birds for some food because all of that is going to break me. :ROFLOL:
Have fun on your trip. :wave:
Sheri

bluefaery

I called this morning, too, as it's also my 180 day mark. I called at 7:03 a.m. by my cell phone clock which shoulda made it 8:03 WDW time. Was on hold maybe 3-4 mins. Got all the ADRs I wanted but had to settle for LeCellier at 9:05 p.m. on Thursday the 11th. There was zero availability the night of my 1st choice. I'm thinking they're holding back some for the CP packages. I'm going to try to stay on top of it so I can get a CP package w/LeCellier. Anywhoo, last December we were there the 1st week and it was busier than we were used to seeing in Jan/Feb but the decorations were worth it. This trip we'll be there for the 2nd week. We'll have to see how it goes.

What's a CP package?

LetsGoAgain

At least you didn't get hung up on! I was calling to make ADRs for 8 and I pretty much got what I wanted but I had to call back twice. Oh well....

CAPTAIN HOOK

What's a CP package?

EPCOT have the CandleLight Processional at The American Theatre during Christmas. There's two ways to get to see it - stand in line each night and hope to get admitted OR, purchase a CP meal at selected EPCOT restaurants at selected times of the day and get guaranteed admission

abbeysmom

I messed up my dates and we have ADR at LeCellier on the 26th at 1:00. I thought I made them for the 27th.. Oh well, we will work it out. I tried to get them changed but was told that there are no dinner reservations from now until October at LeCellier. Good grief.............

Goofnut1980

I can't believe I was on hold for 72 minutes this morning to make ADRs 180 days out.:mad: It is absolutely crazy. I did get what I want but still at 7:02 am I got the hold music, it was nuts. Is the week of Dec 8th that busy :eek:
Ok done venting proceed to flame.

well I was on hold for 46 minutes from 7:08am... hung up and called back about 30 minutes later and was on hold for 12 minutes and talked to someone that was really helpful... We are going down on the 6th of Dec and are GG so I had to make reservations for 11 people... We got our times all around 5pm... I was shocked... This is our first year going in December.. Everyone seems to say that week in Dec is really nice for crowds... :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom