Old Plans/Designs/Rumors

Crazy Harry

I seem to remember a few other concepts not mentioned.

Geyser ride (reverse TOT)
Robin Hood
Tarzan rehab for Jungle Cruise
Cars rehab for indy speedway
Icabod Crain ride
Sleeping beauty
Museum of the weird (haunted mansion preshow)
America ride (epcot)
Little Mermaid rehab for living seas
Monster's inc rehab for UOE (rumor)
AE with alien from movie Alien
Harry Potter (super rumor)

Theres more if you want to count the other parks like the beauty and the beast AA show for Paris or Mythologia (mythical animal ride for disneyland).

Martin definetly got most of um though.

Phantasia

Original Poster
I Loved the idea of Epcot WS Having its own Mattahorn ride in a switzerland themed area, that would have been very interesting.

DisneyMusician2

Do they even have a Sleeping Beauty anything around the parks? Even a show dedicated to it? I don't remember having a ride for Sleeping Beauty...it would certainly be cool! Definately a classic that gets a bit neglected it the parks, it seems.

WDWFREAK53

SCREW MT. FUJI!!!! I already have Everest.

I want a Greece Pavilion with a Mt. Olympus ride!!!

Hercules, IMHO, is a very great, fun, energetic film that gets the shaft.

I want a ride that'll turn me from a Zero to a Hero!

DisneyMusician2

SCREW MT. FUJI!!!! I already have Everest.

I want a Greece Pavilion with a Mt. Olympus ride!!!

Hercules, IMHO, is a very great, fun, energetic film that gets the shaft.

I want a ride that'll turn me from a Zero to a Hero!

Only a Red Sox fan would need a ride to turn them from Zero to hero.....haha. Just kidding, man. Good luck this season!

Hummer1676

marni, Thats the one i have. Thanks.

Whatever happend to the idea about Westcot. Is that still on the drawing board or not? I haven't heard anyone talk about it in a while. If Disney owns some strawberry land close to Disneyland they should definetly build it. Same goes for the park near the ocean.

DisneyDragon

Martin,

In my archives, I have a list of rumours and proposed attractions from the early 90s plus a bunch of newspaper articles about the same. I'll try to dig them out, but remind me if I forget...

Things like:
- ________ Tracy darkride, where you shoot at bad guys
- Plectu's Galactic Revue

Need to pull that stuff out...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Off the top of my head - unless mentioned as pure rumour, these all had hard proof

Magic Kingdom;
Fire Mountain (rumour), Adventureland
Looping coaster (rumour), Adventureland
Western River Expedition, Frontierland
Villan Mountain (rumour), Fantasyland
Atlantis Coaster, 20k plot (rumour)
Dark ride, where Toontown is today (Mary Poppins Rumour)
The Little Mermaid Dark Ride, Toontown
WEDWay track looping around Grand Prix Speedway (2 variations)
Carousel theatre in Circlevision building
Dark Ride between Skyway station and Carousel Theatre (Tomorrowland)
Omnimax ride between Skyway station and Carousel Theatre (Tomorrowland)
Restaurant infront of Space Mountain with extended lake
Tomorrowland train station
Monorail loop through Tomorowland
Monorail loop through hub at Tomorrowland entrance
Transportarium; enhanced From Time to Time show with morphing animatronic screens

EPCOT Center (as we know it, not World Showcase park or EPCOT Theme Center. 1978 proposals included so far as comparable to 1982s park. No Project Gemini)
Time Racers Spaceship Earth postshow (rumour)
Extra track loop in Spaceship Earth 180top (rumour)
Energy rehab along the style of USF T2:3D; very hi-tec and corporate, effects driven show
The Voyage Within - Omnimover ride through the human body in Health and Life Pavilion
Horizons with 3 Omnimax screens, originally as the finale of the attraction. An AA-populated ascent into the screen area instead of the Neon future from the 50`s scene. A video recap of the attraction before the Choose your Tomorrow section. a 4th Choose your Tomorrow option; maglev ride through Messe Verde. A postshow area of GE images following you along the walls (idea used for final finale design)
Horizons conversion into Space pavilion
World of Motion preshow area next to queue
Odyssey restaurant part of Communicore
WEDWay loop around Futureworld and through Communicores
TRON Arcade in Communicore West
Road to Utopia in Communicore West
Homestyles 2000
EPCOT Creative Center
Audio Adventure Maze - all 3 to have gone into an expanded Communicore (both buildings were built to expand outwards upto the Monorail loop)
A monorail spur between Life and Horizons to Lake Buena Vista
Journey into Imagination ride on 2 floors, with a finale of a second Flight to Tomorrow show scene to recap the ride. This would have unloaded directly into The Imageworks.
Great Moments at the Movies pavilion
The Land pavilion with an indoor rainforest, including cable car ride, balloon ride elevators and a Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction. Snow, Tropical and desert walkthrough biomes.
Ecology pavilion
The Seas pavilion. A preshow much like IOAs Possiedon with visual effects and large screens. A much longer transparent Omnimover ride with Animatronic populated show scenes before a much longer - glass tubed - journey through the water tank. A reconfigured Seabase Alpha, much more transparent, with the Observation deck as part of the exit.

Israel
Costa Rica
Denmark
United Arab Emirates
A longer Maelstrom with more intense storm scene
Equitorial Africa with attractions
Italy with Gondola ride
Germanys infamous Rhine River
Japan with a Circlevision bullet train attraction
Japan with Meet the World Carousel Theatre
Japan with Mount Fuji and Ginza district
Venezuala with cable car
Spain
USSR with darkride
Switzerland with Matterhorn
Expo hall in France
Vaudaville Theatre in the UK

Disney-MGM Studios
A mountain rollercoaster half-open on one side (half the facade missing)
The Great Muppet Movie Ride in Muppet Studios
Mickeys Movieland with Hyperion Studio
Roger Rabbits Hollywood with Toon Town Trolley simulator, Benny the Cab ride and Baby Hermans Runway Buggy ride
D Ick Traceys Crimestoppers EMV ride
Direct park exit from Fantasmic!
Journey to the Center of the Earth segment for Backlot Tram Tour

Animal Kingdom
Beastly Kingdomme (there`s a whole recent thread for this with lots of pics)
Much longer Tiger River Rapids

Resorts
Persian
Venitian
Asian
Meditteranean
Cyprus Point
2 movie themed resorts near MGM
Bonnet Creek
West Resort area
Office complex at LBV
LBV residential sector
LBV downtown core
WEDWay network for LBV

....and all the others I can`t recall right now!

Just a quick list off the top of your head Marni? :lol: :lol:

PBarton

Sorry if these have been mentioned already..

The hotel concept featuring the TOT as an actual elevator..
The Mickey Mouse SHAPED hotel (judged to be impossible to build)

JH may have listed these in the past, so I take no responsibility for them being false..

:rolleyes:

Hummer1676

I don't think the TOT hotel is a good concept. No kids would want to spend the night there. It would probably freak people out to much.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The ToT hotel was just rumour... nothing more. However, the Disneyland Hotel in Paris was origianlly just a facade to make the victorian entrance more interesting. Eisner said he couldn`t justify such a large piece of scenery - why not make it a real hotel? And so the budget rise began....

The Mickey hotel was never going to be built; Eisner used it as a way to push deisgn forward into thinking `silly` ideas and accepting architecture could be fun. The result was The Swan and Dolphin, Team Disney's and Casting. All from an outside designer under Disney contract, but designed by realising not everything had to look like a square box; indeed the original Tishman hotels next to EPCOT were what got Eisner thinking about the most bizzare, crazy ideas possible - the opposite of these 2 bland, boxes to be built next to World Showcase instead of an Industrial park. What more crazy than asking for a Mouse Hotel on Riverside Drive? Impossible, maybe. But the caliber of what Eisner wanted. A few law suits later and the Swan and Dolphin broke all the rules. In more ways than one!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
In the "variations on a theme" for Epcot specifically for Energy, don't forget the omnimover-style ride, the solar energy reflector building design, and and a few other concepts they tossed around.

The Universe of Energy Companion Site is really the best place to find out about all the various concepts that were tossed around for it.

http://planet7.home.mindspring.com/energy/

tech_solar_pavilion.jpg

^ Concept for a queue area leading to what appears to be an omnimover style attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom