Old Key West or Saratoga Springs

Brommy

Hi all,

Quick question. Myself and my family are planning a trip to WDW in late September, early October for two weeks from the UK. We're looking at staying at either Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, can anyone recommend a resort?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

luvlifeinfl

I have never stayed at OKW but we have toured the resort. We are DVC members and our home resort is SSR, they are both nice, not sure waht feel you are looking for. BUt OKW is more of a Coastal Beach theme and SSR is a up state New York feel, but old time. OKW has their rooms in a lodge like setting as with SSR the rooms are based on locations in New York and the Building are Seperated. Hope that gives a little insite, Oh Also I think with SSR you have to do a little more walking to get to eateries pools and such.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

OKW rooms are bigger, and the resort is older. Some reports say that the rooms are showing their age (anyone else can feel free to dispute this, it's not my own firsthand knowledge). They're both fairly close to Downtown Disney, though Saratoga Springs is closer. Some sections of Saratoga Springs, you could walk over in less than 10 minutes if you don't dawdle. The counter-service eatery at Saratoga (Artist's Palette) is bigger than the one at Old Key West (Good's Food To Go), but it often takes a while to get your food even when it's not busy. I won't tell you to where to stay, but if you stay at Saratoga, request to stay in the Congress park section. You'll be a 5 minute walk away from the main building and main pool, but you'll also have a quiet pool close by, AND you'll be within walking distance to DTD, where you'll have many more dining options.

Upvote 0

thevader1376

I have never stayed at SSR, but my vote is for OKW. We stayed there in Oct and LOVED it. It's really quiet and laid back. The rooms are also huge and the views are great. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Upvote 0

toystorymaniacs

I've stayed at both twice, but it's been 8-9 years since OKW. I love SSR, the atmosphere, the pool, the food court (although like the op said it can be slow), they even have station out by the pool where you can refill your mugs without going inside, the kids loved it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom