Old Key West new logo

PlaneJane

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just got back Sunday from rainy visit (both a blessing and a curse) @ OKW. On the last day I was looking for a souvenir for the trip. When I looked around the resort gift shop i saw nothing but generic DVC gifts, which I didn't want. I wanted resort specific merchandise. So, dismayed I bought a Mickey key chain for my baby and asked what happened to all the OKW mechandise. The CM said that they had recently changed the logo and were slowly bringing out new things and they said they had a small table of the new stuff @ the front door. I went over and looked and I found the new logo that was very awesome. They offer a unisex shirt, magnet, keychain, women's babydoll shirt, and a coffee mug. They may have offered a couple of more things but I didn't take a picture..

I bought the coffee mug so when I get home I will post a picture of the mug

PlaneJane

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
user15349_pic20183_1317147941.jpg

I think you have to be logged in to see the picture..

PlaneJane

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I liked the fact that they used retro mickey.. also like the old map look of the font. Maybe could have used some palm trees?

hpyhnt 1000

Interesting they use Sailor Mickey. I would have thought they'd go with the red and white lighthouse since that's something more unique to OKW. Still, looks nice all the same.

Figments Friend

-

I like it! I agree that a couple of palms in the background would have been a nice additon, but this looks nice as is.

Thanks for sharing.

:wave:

Tigger1988

They change the OKW "logo" fairly often. One trip down it was a fish on all the merchandise, the next it was a nautical styled Mickey head, then the lighthouse logo.

Seems like they change it up every few years.

PlaneJane

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Nice..... I know I am dreaming...but perhaps Resort specific merchandise will begin to roll out at all the DVC resorts?

I don't know if it will, I think it might be b/c 20 years is coming up for OKW.. refurbs and then a rebranding of the logo just to refresh it

Scar Junior

Nice..... I know I am dreaming...but perhaps Resort specific merchandise will begin to roll out at all the DVC resorts?

It might. Depending on a lot of things... but if so it would be in a limited capacity - just a few items. I know the sentiment is there among the local leadership, it's more dependent upon people in a few different office buildings. But the guest feedback is being heard... I know several of people in operations management areas that are disgusted with the options in a DVC gift shop being on par with any shop in any given park. They take pride in their resorts and want their guests to be able to and boast merch with the logos.

I don't know if it will, I think it might be b/c 20 years is coming up for OKW.. refurbs and then a rebranding of the logo just to refresh it

The anniversary date has nothing to do with anything.

Livi's Mama

We bought the Old Key West mug a couple of weeks ago and also saw a new Saratoga Springs mug at that resort. I'm hoping to find more of these at other resorts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom