Old Abandoned Ride Vechiles = Lost Photo Ops

michaelnyc

Original Poster
i just finished looking over maps that were posted showing where old abandoned ride vechiles rest

i think wdw is missing great photo ops, especially now while so much construction is going on, they should be doing a little something extra

why not refurbish some of the older ride vechiles, do some backdrops (vinyl prints would be fine) and have them positioned around fantasy land construction

something like what they have in the exposition hall with the 101 dalmations and snow white cut outs

they have vechiles out side of dumbo's ride and the indy racktrack, why not have them outside all of them?

each land should have ride vechiles where you can pose for photo ops, would love to have one outside of haunted mansion, maybe with a backdrop of the 3 hitchhiking ghosts

mr toad's car with a backdrop of the original ride building?

maintenance would not be that expensive, they already own the vechiles and backdrops are only a few hundred dollars each, granted they would have to make multiple copies for upkeep

sublimesting

Better yet. Disney has a contest that whichever classic ride sells the most photos will be returned to the parks as a ride. I can't see how they wouldn't make enough money to pay for the ride plus some.

BrerFrog

There's an old JII vehicle behind the Chistmas warehouse sitting on some pallets. Still is blue, too. You could try to get your picture with that, and then you can get your picture with WDW security too!

The wonderful moments only WDW can provide. :lol:

I like the idea, as longas the vehicles are all kept in some sort of building that would serve as a vehicle museum. In my mind it would work like the "One Man's Dream" attraction, but with vehicles instead of models.

SOLISIMO

The wonderful moments only WDW can provide. :lol:

I like the idea, as longas the vehicles are all kept in some sort of building that would serve as a vehicle museum. In my mind it would work like the "One Man's Dream" attraction, but with vehicles instead of models.

Great idea, instead of it gathering dust a museum would be a great idea. Or them a resturant around it:drevil:

BrerFrog

Great idea, instead of it gathering dust a museum would be a great idea. Or them a resturant around it:drevil:

I would love to have lunch inside a 20K submarine, but I would feel awful if the ketchup from my burger put a stain on such a wonderful vehicle. Therefore, I will stick with the museum idea. :lol:

JordanRHughes

That is such an awesome idea! Especially if they are gathering dust.
It's sort of a win-win, I mean if they generate more attention or some minor revenue why not do it?
Especially for the nostalgia sake with the really old rides and attractions.

I definitely prefer the idea of having them out in the open for people to interact/ get their picture taken with over the idea of a museum.

I have to admit though, the topic made me think of some abandoned lot somewhere, with all these rusted old rides, overgrown with vines.
Sort of like an old abandoned aircraft graveyard.. how cool would that be? ;)

Master Gracey 5

That is such an awesome idea! Especially if they are gathering dust.
It's sort of a win-win, I mean if they generate more attention or some minor revenue why not do it?
Especially for the nostalgia sake with the really old rides and attractions.

I definitely prefer the idea of having them out in the open for people to interact/ get their picture taken with over the idea of a museum.

I have to admit though, the topic made me think of some abandoned lot somewhere, with all these rusted old rides, overgrown with vines.
Sort of like an old abandoned aircraft graveyard.. how cool would that be? ;)

Cool idea to think about, not cool in execution since we'd never see them.

A museum would be cool, or maybe even in certain post show areas as a "history lesson" of what used to be. Anything creative would be better than letting these things sit and rot.

dweezil78

I'm pretty certain the original idea for the Pizza Port at Disneyland was to have the seating be entirely (or almost) in retired attraction vehicles. Would have been such a great concept! I think Eddie Sotto has mentioned it before on these boards as he was involved with it. Instead we just got a bunch of old attraction posters, but those are still fun to check out once in a while. :)

JordanRHughes

That's an awesome idea, shame it never made it to fruition.
Still, posters are pretty cool also, anything that shows the heritage.

I'm pretty certain the original idea for the Pizza Port at Disneyland was to have the seating be entirely (or almost) in retired attraction vehicles. Would have been such a great concept! I think Eddie Sotto has mentioned it before on these boards as he was involved with it. Instead we just got a bunch of old attraction posters, but those are still fun to check out once in a while. :)

Silentkink

Better yet. Disney has a contest that whichever classic ride sells the most photos will be returned to the parks as a ride. I can't see how they wouldn't make enough money to pay for the ride plus some.
I like this idea a lot and I agree they would get enough money to bring back any ride that they want.

copcarguyp71

20K under the sea sub behind Soarin'...supposedly it is still there just a hundred feet east of where it is in the picture.

623088.JPG

Also visible in this pic shot behind The Land pavillion just over the left shoulder.

harveyt0206

Why in tarnation is a 20K ride vehicle hanging out behind the Land in EPCOT?? And where are the rest of the ride vehicles?

Great pic though. Thanks for posting. I love behind the scenes stuff.

gerryu21220

Why in tarnation is a 20K ride vehicle hanging out behind the Land in EPCOT?? And where are the rest of the ride vehicles?

Great pic though. Thanks for posting. I love behind the scenes stuff.

Most of the rest of the subs are in a "boneyard" just a bit East of the MK park. They were intact when they were put there, but have been stripped of most of their parts in recent years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom