Old Abandoned Ride Vechiles = Lost Photo Ops

janoimagine

That's always been a favorite site of mine however it's not been updated in a very long time and is a bit outdated on the current state of the subs I think.
The subs are almost gone, I think the last one use to be visible on a sat photo of Epcot a while back, it was near the land pavilion backstage.

Edit ... I am way behind. Somebody beat me a few pages back.

DBF John

They were buried there several years ago.

No.

Yeap...Dead and Buried
20K-Subs.jpg

IWantMyMagicBand

The archaeologists of our distant future are going to be so confused by some of the things they find around the World.
I say this exact thing about tanning beds. They will think we fried people for punishment.
So sad about the boats. Does anyone know if one went to Paris? They don't have the ride there but you can see one by Space Mountain.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I say this exact thing about tanning beds. They will think we fried people for punishment.
So sad about the boats. Does anyone know if one went to Paris? They don't have the ride there but you can see one by Space Mountain.
There were 12 subs....10 were buried...1 is still on property and 1 is at Castaway Bay.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Paris one was built out of concrete in 1991.

Officially the 20K ride only had 12 subs, but an ex CM recollects there were 14 built for some reason. 12 was the maximum that could be run, but the ride would eventually cascade with a dozen on the ride path. He recollects 12 would be on the ride path and spur, a 13th kept in dry dock and the 14th was used for spares.

It was documented two subs were sent to Castaway Key back in the day, and third was cut in half originally for D-MGM. Add the complete prop one seen backstage at Epcot and that would indeed be 14, if the 10 pictured at the landfill were indeed all buried. Which is something we may never know.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom