Old Abandoned Ride Vechiles = Lost Photo Ops

TheBeatles

Most of the rest of the subs are in a "boneyard" just a bit East of the MK park. They were intact when they were put there, but have been stripped of most of their parts in recent years.

there is a sub at castaway cay (or one of the stops disney makes on its cruises).

however, it's not accessible to swimmers.

ntoeman

As of today, I can say the 20k nautilus is still behind Soarin' there, but it's more to the right of the second picture along the road. As for the JC boat, and the other tower-looking piece (that I could never find out what it was exactly), they were recently moved to an area back between Germany and China basically.

Cmdr_Crimson

Why in tarnation is a 20K ride vehicle hanging out behind the Land in EPCOT??.

i just finished looking over maps that were posted showing where old abandoned ride vechiles rest
i think wdw is missing great photo ops, especially now while so much construction is going on, they should be doing a little something extra
why not refurbish some of the older ride vechiles, do some backdrops (vinyl prints would be fine) and have them positioned around fantasy land construction
something like what they have in the exposition hall with the 101 dalmations and snow white cut outs
they have vechiles out side of dumbo's ride and the indy racktrack, why not have them outside all of them?
each land should have ride vechiles where you can pose for photo ops, would love to have one outside of haunted mansion, maybe with a backdrop of the 3 hitchhiking ghosts
mr toad's car with a backdrop of the original ride building? maintenance would not be that expensive, they already own the vechiles and backdrops are only a few hundred dollars each, granted they would have to make multiple copies for upkeep

They did do ride vehicles with displays during the Florida Project event at Epcot for the 40th Anniversary of WDW. Here's a few pics I found on google..

Here's the Sub that you saw in the Satellite image used as a prop for the event..
6140560502_aec614949d.jpg

Mr. Toad
6140011883_e1769e731d.jpg

Snow White Scary Adventures
6140563234_bb1b40e8ab.jpg

FettFan

Most of the rest of the subs are in a "boneyard" just a bit East of the MK park. They were intact when they were put there, but have been stripped of most of their parts in recent years.

1 is at DL Paris, 1 at Tokyo DisneySea, 1 at Castaway Cay, 1 behind Soarin' and The Land.

Weren't there 12 subs in all?

ExtinctJenn

Bump! Sub still there?
I would imagine that if it was, someone would have mentioned it within the last three years....
According to historical views on Google Earth, it disappeared from behind Soarin in 2011.
Holy 3+ year old thread brought back to life batman! I would've just created a new thread asking about the sub! LOL :D

But yeah, as posted above, I believe that's the sub that has been reused as a prop a few times now.

cynic710

i really like the idea of a museum of past rides, i think that would get a lot of attention in dhs. let the guests of disney provide old pictures, just like we do o this site, to provide a real intimate connection to the park in our own personal way. imagine the ability to leave your mark at the world that isnt illegal or $6726578262934 ?!

Figments Friend

They did do ride vehicles with displays during the Florida Project event at Epcot for the 40th Anniversary of WDW. Here's a few pics I found on google..

Here's the Sub that you saw in the Satellite image used as a prop for the event..
6140560502_aec614949d.jpg

Mr. Toad
6140011883_e1769e731d.jpg

Snow White Scary Adventures
6140563234_bb1b40e8ab.jpg

Awesome..and great photos.

I love the Nautilus. It needs to be put on permanent display somewhere.
My guess would be on the Backlot Tour at DHS, or even better...inside or outside the Seas Pavilion at EPCOT.
Hey, it is 'futuristic' and seaworthy! Better fit then that annoying fish who keeps getting lost...

I miss the Sub attraction at WDW....let the public at least have a glance of that beautiful thing on a regular basis!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
1 is at DL Paris, 1 at Tokyo DisneySea, 1 at Castaway Cay, 1 behind Soarin' and The Land.

Weren't there 12 subs in all?
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them in the landfill to the west of the MK before they were covered up with dirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom