Ok, I REALLY do hate Soarin' (No I really do)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I say that it really doesn't make sense to wait in line for over 2 hrs when your time / stay is limited to one day in Epcot.

Waits of 90+mins are not uncommon in WDW during busy periods.. for MANY rides. That's why FP is so awesome.. DLR people are spoiled with <20min waits. WDW was the 'world of wait' during busy periods. FP helps you do more without sitting in lines all day.

Iakona

This isn't a thesis, and she wasn't presenting it (at least as far as most readers are concerned) as a confirmed FACT, just that she recalled reading it somewhere. If she had a cite, she would have presented it.

Her mentioning it was because all of us who visit WDW fansites start to think that we're the AVERAGE guest after a while....and we are not.

The Mom,
Thanks, but fyi, I'm a he! :lol:

As stated if I remembered the exact source I would have cited it. I did NOT present it as fact. The rest of your rant is just what you said; a rant. Not being an expert on the inner workings of Disney, I would suggest that they replace rides for multiple reasons, declining popularity being one, staying ahead of the competition etc.

Jerm

Original Poster
I think YOU should heed your own words, young man. The fact that you don't like someone else's posting style does NOT give you the right to make a personal attack.

On the other hand, if my posting style keeps resulting in personal attacks, it might be time to think about changing it.

Word to both of you from The Mom.

Thanks for chimming in Mom, but you didn't add if you hate, like, love Soarin'

Waits of 90+mins are not uncommon in WDW during busy periods.. for MANY rides. That's why FP is so awesome.. DLR people are spoiled with <20min waits. WDW was the 'world of wait' during busy periods. FP helps you do more without sitting in lines all day.

We do not have 20min waits during the busy time at all. Soarin' Over Ca during the busy time can have just as long a wait here as it does there, but Epcot's queue is inside. During the off season on both sides of the US the wait is about the same. During the busy time again both waits can be about the same. Just because we are smaller does not mean less people are waiting for our attractions.

J

The Mom

Premium Member
Thanks for chimming in Mom, but you didn't add if you hate, like, love Soarin'

J

I haven't been on it yet. :eek: And unlike some people, I'm unwilling to form an opinion until I've actually experienced it. :lookaroun ;)

Montyboy

I'll stick with my recreational ranting comment.

Saying you hate a bad ride because there is a long wait is like complaining about a restaurant because it has bad food... and small portions.

It just seems like you hate it because it is not "great" enough.

Montyboy

Do people actually care that it doesn't exactly fit in The Land Pavilion? I might be wrong but that just sounds like searching for something to whine about. It's just funny to me to think of somebody walking into The Land and getting upset that it lacks uniformity to its theme. It doesn't seem like anything being said justifies hating it either, that word is always thrown around. Do you actually hate it or just not think it's as good as the way it's received?

This man knows what he is talking about.

frankd1962

MHO on Soarin' will have to wait until I ride it on 6/12 but I'm hoping that they are filming something different to go with either The Land or Florida to make it different for the DCA version.

mickster

The rest of your rant is just what you said; a rant.

Exactly!! And hopefully you realized it was an attempt at humor (sort of). I probably should have thrown in a few :lol: 's just for good measure. I think it came across as me lunging an attack at YOU and it wasn't...not at all. I was actually questioning why we, in general, seem to quote a lot of "statistics" that center around the "every 7 years" figure. As far as your quote about the average guest, I did get what your overall point was (and actually agree with it wholeheartedly). I was just curious where you read it and was hoping maybe you'd recall. :wave:

mickster

On the other hand, if my posting style keeps resulting in personal attacks, it might be time to think about changing it.

Thanks and this is advice that is worthy of keeping in mind. At the same time, the incredibly raunchy and disgusting post that Astronaut Jones posted and directed at me last night (the one in which he fabricated a false "quote" and made it appear to have come from me) was unacceptable, not to mention disgusting and vulgar. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that he didn't have his account suspended for doing that. It seemed to be a blatant violation of forum rules and was CLEARLY a personal attack, plus I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again to other members. Nevertheless, I appreciate whoever it was who removed the post. If that was you, then thanks! :wave:

Astronaut Jones

I think YOU should heed your own words, young man. The fact that you don't like someone else's posting style does NOT give you the right to make a personal attack.

Word to both of you from The Mom.

It was kind of a joke, that's why I used an insult that a 2nd grader would use, but still my apologies. I wasn't meaning to attack anyone, but if that persons "posting style" is to be a jerk, than I think it does merit a rebuttal (and I am aware that my rebuttal was ridiculous, I just thought it was funny to deal with it in the least mature way possible, but apparently that was really offensive so I'm sorry I guess).

mickster

It was kind of a joke, that's why I used an insult that a 2nd grader would use, but still my apologies. I wasn't meaning to attack anyone, but if that persons "posting style" is to be a jerk, than I think it does merit a rebuttal (and I am aware that my rebuttal was ridiculous, I just thought it was funny to deal with it in the least mature way possible, but apparently that was really offensive so I'm sorry I guess).

You're sorry....you guess?? Is this the "2nd grader" version of an apology? :rolleyes:

Spare me! Just never let it happen again. You're in no position to say that I'm being "a jerk" after making a post like that and then trying to cover it up with a lame excuse for an apology.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You're sorry....you guess?? Is this the "2nd grader" version of an apology? :rolleyes:

Spare me! Just never let it happen again. You're in no position to say that I'm being "a jerk" after making a post like that and then trying to cover it up with a lame excuse for an apology.

If you are as offended as you claim to be by the mild jibe made last night im surprised, but Im glad that in this day in age some people are able to lead a sheltered life and find the word turd offensive. But have you consider he may be Irish and saying 1/3.

However if someone retorts with equal vigour to your aggressive posting style be less of wean about it. He who smelt it dealt it after all.:)

Astronaut Jones

Geez man, get over it. I'm sorry, Happy Easter.

mickster

If you are as offended as you claim to be by the mild jibe made last night im surprised, but Im glad that in this day in age some people are able to lead a sheltered life and find the word turd offensive. But have you consider he may be Irish and saying 1/3.

However if someone retorts with equal vigour to your aggressive posting style be less of wean about it. He who smelt it dealt it after all.:)

I think you know as well as I do that it was much more than just one word that I found to be offensive. In addition to the entire sentence, and overall meaning of it, being offensive, the fact that he fabricated a post and attributed it to me should have been grounds for suspension. Yet you're suggesting that it was deserved because of my "aggressive posting style"?? :rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think you know as well as I do that it was much more than just one word that I found to be offensive. In addition to the entire sentence, and overall meaning of it, being offensive, the fact that he fabricated a post and attributed it to me should have been grounds for suspension. Yet you're suggesting that it was deserved because of my "aggressive posting style"?? :rolleyes:

How about you actually taking the time and reading a post carefully, before mounting your horse Indignation and riding off in search of the moral high ground.

If you look you will see quite clearly that there are two paragraphs in my post, I had hoped that would have indicated a comment relating to the jobby reference and another to your posting style and reactions to responses it generates.

But for clarity if you get right in someone’s kisser don’t be surprised at a similar reaction.
Just out of interest why are you so keen to have someone suspended, if you don’t mind me saying it does seem to be a little bit OTT.

You do know that Richard the III is cockney rhyming slang.:animwink:

see this board is educational as well as confrontational

Jerm

Original Poster
This man knows what he is talking about.

But you don't. Again IMHO

Hey guys can we please get back to the topic of attacking me for my feelings and stop attacking each other.

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom