Ohana or Coral Reef?

emaginear

Original Poster
Help I can't decide if we should try Ohana or Coral Reef? We have never been to either one of them. It will be only be DW and I. If you have any thought please let me know...Thank You!:wave:

wdwfan100

I love the Polynesian. So any reason I could use to go there I would. Not to mention the fact that Ohana is a wonderful place to dine. So I vote for Ohana.

just ate at both last week... had asked the same question myself, but ended up canceling another ADR to try both.

Both were excellent foodwise!!! We loved them... we had a wonderful waiter at Coral Reef and so-so service at Ohana... but every experience is different of course.

Since it is just you and DW I would lean towards Coral Reef....only because of the "show" that goes on at Ohana... we had a great time, but were a party of 6 with 3 children.... so the coconut races, limbo, dancing, etc was a lot of fun and added to the experience....guess it depends on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for.

Paul G.

I've eaten at both and would pick the coral reef.O'Hanna was a lot of fun and the food was plentifull but i found it to be a little salty and it had a wierd spice to it.The coral reef had a really cool setting and the food was great.

drossjr

always wanted to try Coral Reef but havent seen very good reviews or experiences. Ohana is great for breakfast and interested in trying dinner, its always busy and just going to the Poly is always relaxing.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Help I can't decide if we should try Ohana or Coral Reef? We have never been to either one of them. It will be only be DW and I. If you have any thought please let me know...Thank You!:wave:

I would go with Ohana! I am trying it for the first time this year. But I have heard mixed reviews about CR.

Pirate-Mom

I'd vote Coral Reef. We've eaten at both, but were disappointed by both the food and entertainment at O'Hana. Coral Reef was our best meal, great service, and the aquarium is a must-see!

DBlackwell

view is a consideration

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Of course their menus are oriented toward different cuisine styles.

If you're not aware, you're able to "book" a diver at the Coral Reef to help celebrate special occasions. They helped us celebrate our nieces' first visit last year. They dove in front of the window in front of our table, then held up a sign that said something like "Happy First Disney Vacation, Natalie & Maureen." It's only available certain hours of certain days. But the price was right: Pure Magical Pixie Dust. And it made our evening very special and memoriable.

O'Hana's food and service for us was great, too. But if you're wanting seats next to the windows, to see WISHES or the boat parade, you're at the mercy of what seats are open. At least the Coral Reef has "theatre style" seating, so even if you're not at a table next to the aquarium, you'll probably still be able to see it from any table.

Love them both! That said, Le Cellier is tops, IMHO!

Good eats....

scorp111

Coral Reef gets my vote as well...

Ate there Saturday, DW loved her Strip steak, had it with Jasmine rice. I had the Wild Mushroom Lasagne, FIL had the Catfish, and MIL had the Lobster Salad and Soup. All to rave reviews!

Pioneer Hall

I have been to both restaurants, and have enjoyed them very much. I would suggest the Coral Reef if it will just be you and your wife. The restaurant is a bit nicer and it has a more upscale menu. I suggest getting a later ADR so you won't have as many children in the restaurant.

disneytopdog

For 3 years I tried to get an ADR for Coral Reef, after reading all the reviews and posts. Its a nice place, very well decorated, but I just did not think the food meet up to the hype. The fish plate I had was so bland and forgettable, I cant remember what I ordered(even after looking at the menus section on this site), and the chocolate wave was so gross I cant get it out of my mind.

Philo

I had my worst Disney dining experience ever at Coral Reef, very very poor quality food, overpiced, kids running around everywhere, and very poor service.

Reviews are up at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Coral-Reef-Restaurant/Reviews.htm

When I went I would say it was one of my best WDW dining experiences. The food was great, the service was great and despite being sat right against the aquarium, we didn't get any kids running around near us at all.

djpoore94

DH & I love both places (we've only been to each one once) but if I had to pick one I would go with Ohana. We're doing that one again this year, but decided to do Garden Grill instead of Coral Reef this time.

WDWmazprty

Gotta go with Ohana! Its especially romantic if you're able to get there when Wishes will be going on. You can get a perfect seat for the show.

Ravenclaw87

I haven't tried CR, but it's on the game plan for this upcoming trip! However, I felt Ohana's was just too much food for two people! Yes, it's as much as you want to eat, but soooo much food was wasted and I just thought it was overwhelming!

Tinkerbella16

You will def get half & half votes here in this forum since both are very well-liked by many. My vote would be for Ohana because I absolutely love the Poly, it is my favorite resort! I've been to both but I really like Ohanas. And having the monorail to go right to MK after your meal is very nice and convenient!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom