Oh dear - my worst fear

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a scratchy throat and am feeling terribly run down. I'm pumping airborne and emergen c. Drinking tea and honey. We leave in 8 days!!! This is my worst fear! I hope its just allergies but i'm afraid i'm getting a cold. :(

KCheatle

SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP! Also, see a doctor asap to make sure you don't have a bacterial infection and need antibiotics. If you see the doctor and he says you have a virus, tell him you are leaving on a trip and he may write you a Rx just incase the virus turns bacterial. That way you are covered. If you start antibiotics, it should be cleared up in 8 days. The lucky thing is that you have 8 days! A lot of viruses/infections can clear up in 8 days!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Glad your feeling better, it does sound like you are at the better end of it. I do like Airborne for an extra boost and Alka seltzer cold is a good one too, or as my Irish aunty would give a nice shot of whiskey and you'll be fine.

ah yes - whiskey in my tea - works for me! :) Yes, its in my chest now - coughing a lot so my throat is horse.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP! Also, see a doctor asap to make sure you don't have a bacterial infection and need antibiotics. If you see the doctor and he says you have a virus, tell him you are leaving on a trip and he may write you a Rx just incase the virus turns bacterial. That way you are covered. If you start antibiotics, it should be cleared up in 8 days. The lucky thing is that you have 8 days! A lot of viruses/infections can clear up in 8 days!

I'm on antibiotics. :) thankfully!

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's more than a week away. Stressing about the trip will only make things worse. Relaxed and happy person is gonna be more resilant

A cold won't keep you down- so don't stress over it

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i'd hit the doctors. if it's a virus there's not much you can do but if it's bacterial you can head it off. let your doc know you're flying/vacationing soon...it may make a difference as to how aggressive they are in treating your symptoms. and if it is a virus they are able to give you some options for managing the symptoms to at least make you comfortable.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I'll hope you keep on feeling better each day.

Going to WDW when you're sick blows for sure. Could be worse. You know if you're sick and cruising you can & will be denied boarding. Yikes! I would die! I think over the next few weeks I'll be nervous as all heck now. Lol!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! Its been quite a week!! I am feeling so much better! Still on meds but better! A wee stuffy nose and a bit of left over laryngitis. Today is all rest all day and I just found out that my work week before we go has lessened! So I am so thrilled about that! Thank you all for the well wishes and advice! I don't know if it was the tips, the meds, the time, or what it was, but on the mend. Hope to be back up to 100% by Thursday!!! Hope everyone stays well!!!! Thank you again!!! :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Glad to read you're on the mend. Please let us know how you feel before you leave.:)

So far so good! Much better then before! Have one more day of antibiotics. I still have a wee scratchy voice and a cough from time to time but i'm definitely feeling better. My therapist who was an RN for some time suggested taking zinc. Its supposed to help immune system health! We leave thursday at 8 a.m. so fingers crossed i'm 100%!!

Upvote 0

jlthomas81

So far so good! Much better then before! Have one more day of antibiotics. I still have a wee scratchy voice and a cough from time to time but i'm definitely feeling better. My therapist who was an RN for some time suggested taking zinc. Its supposed to help immune system health! We leave thursday at 8 a.m. so fingers crossed i'm 100%!!

Make sure to take the Zinc on a FULL stomach...like after dinner. I tool some the other day with my breakfast, and I still yakked!! :( It is some really strong stuff....but it does work wonders!!

Upvote 0

Alison1975

We all have a touch of colds.. one of the guys at my husbands work infected the whole shop and now I've got it and the kids are starting..I really want to throttle someone!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We all have a touch of colds.. one of the guys at my husbands work infected the whole shop and now I've got it and the kids are starting..I really want to throttle someone!

okay - so what helped me - zinc, garlic, tea with honey lemon and whiskey, NyQuil, and airborne/coldez type of drink. I slept with a humidifier and used a netti pot and had a nasal spray decongestant. Sleep and rest and drink lots of water and oj. Honey, its the stress too. I know you have had a rough couple of days. I'm 1000% convinced that I got sick b/c yes, I was around someone who was not well, but also, the stress wore down my system. Hang in there! Sending you loads of Pixie dust!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Make sure to take the Zinc on a FULL stomach...like after dinner. I tool some the other day with my breakfast, and I still yakked!! :( It is some really strong stuff....but it does work wonders!!

Great tip! Now I think about it - I did take it at night so that is why i was okay. :)

Upvote 0

Alison1975

okay - so what helped me - zinc, garlic, tea with honey lemon and whiskey, NyQuil, and airborne/coldez type of drink. I slept with a humidifier and used a netti pot and had a nasal spray decongestant. Sleep and rest and drink lots of water and oj. Honey, its the stress too. I know you have had a rough couple of days. I'm 1000% convinced that I got sick b/c yes, I was around someone who was not well, but also, the stress wore down my system. Hang in there! Sending you loads of Pixie dust!!

yep.. went with my daughter and a friend for spa pedicures and that hour of total relaxing already has me feeling better!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom