Oh dear - my worst fear

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a scratchy throat and am feeling terribly run down. I'm pumping airborne and emergen c. Drinking tea and honey. We leave in 8 days!!! This is my worst fear! I hope its just allergies but i'm afraid i'm getting a cold. :(

DisneyDebNJ

I don't know if you are prone to sinus infections but if you are, you may want to get into your doctor soon. I know 3 people who currently have sinus infections and are just miserable. Sending healthy pixie dust your way for a quick cure! Keep us posted.
Pooh is spot on correct. Even if just a precaution, Id see your family MD, just to be on the safe side. Try your best to get lots of rest, however, this close to vacation, sleep is something that escapes us all. Your planning is done, take time for yourself.... enjoy this pre-trip feeling of excitement and rest, rest, rest :)

Upvote 0

UPbeekeeper

I have no words of advice or home remedies to suggest that haven't already been suggested. Just wanted to send healthy thoughts and comfort your way. Hope it turns into nothing and you are able to fully enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
So far I've called my doc who was useless...explained airplane, thousands of dollars and people and nothing so I need to get to cvs minute clinic. Will try in the next couple days. I ate garlic this a.m. - that was nasty but apparently it works. Also drinking loads of water, emergen c, tea with honey and lemon, and airborne. Taking tylonol. And cough drops...loads of cough drops. Trying to rest today. Please send pjixie dust my way that this goes as fast as it came. We leave Thursday next.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I have a scratchy throat and am feeling terribly run down. I'm pumping airborne and emergen c. Drinking tea and honey. We leave in 8 days!!! This is my worst fear! I hope its just allergies but i'm afraid i'm getting a cold. :(
From a person with a compromised immune system and has to stay well or get well quickly, I swear by Cold EZE.
Just make sure you actually use them every two hours for at least 48 hrs. It has never failed me. There are actual medical studies proving it works to shorten a cold. I got sick my last day at Disney in June. I was so very ill, but within 24 hrs of the Cold EZE I felt like I might live. Oh, and this may sound crazy, but you need to use Lysol or Clorox wipes all over your house. Pay particular attention to the fridge handle, faucet handles and door handles.
Keep your hands washed every time you even think you touched your face. This will keep the rest of the family well. Start them on Cold EZE now, even if they aren't sick yet.
Others will say this is overkill, but it has kept me here and alive for a very long time. I caught whatever I had back in June from two ladies on a very crowded bus who kept coughing on me. There was nothing I could do. They would cough right out into the air. One was so sick. The man with one of them was trying to get her to go back to the room. She exposed so many people that day.
Take care. Have faith. Get well!!

Upvote 0

Alison1975

So far I've called my doc who was useless...explained airplane, thousands of dollars and people and nothing so I need to get to cvs minute clinic. Will try in the next couple days. I ate garlic this a.m. - that was nasty but apparently it works. Also drinking loads of water, emergen c, tea with honey and lemon, and airborne. Taking tylonol. And cough drops...loads of cough drops. Trying to rest today. Please send pjixie dust my way that this goes as fast as it came. We leave Thursday next.

Garlic has a natural antibiotic properties.. you just need it intact. I avoid Dr's like the plague.. my kids have gone years between visits..lol. Salt water will help if there is any infection also.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I don't know if you want to try it, but my mom is a teacher and she swears by the following "tea" recipe. She got it from one of her doctors...they use it in their office any time anyone feels any kind of bug coming on...

"quarter one fresh lemon and put the quarters in a saucepan with water and two cloves of fresh garlic(I peeled them). I put in enough water to cover the fruit, heated it for about 15 minutes, add homey to taste, and it made about 1 large mug of "tea". Before pouring the liquid out of the pan, I mashed the lemon wedges and tried to mash the garlic cloves to get the juice out of them, then disposed of them. I poured the tea into a mug and added honey to taste--you really do need it for flavoring and I think it also is considered a healing element. You're supposed to drink it hot, but it took me about 30 minutes to finish it. It smells kind of like shrimp scampi, but I ignored that."

She says in about 24 hrs she's usually back to normal.

I think I'm going to just add honey to my shrimp scampi recipe and eat that next time I start feeling sick. ;)

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have to be honest now and I'm not promoting alcohol abuse or anything.. but the last two times
I was sick with a head and chest cold I got a good bourbon buzz on and woke up the next day feeling a hundred percent better.

I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me, plus even it doesn't work you're still going to have fun. ;)

Here's hoping one of these cures works for you or that it's just your allergies! :)

Upvote 0

Alison1975

I have to be honest now and I'm not promoting alcohol abuse or anything.. but the last two times
I was sick with a head and chest cold I got a good bourbon buzz on and woke up the next day feeling a hundred percent better.

I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me, plus even it doesn't work you're still going to have fun. ;)

Here's hoping one of these cures works for you or that it's just your allergies! :)

Whisky is my choice for colds..LOL

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Hoping you feel better soon, at least you have a week to recover. I can't add any more magical remedies but hope the many that have been posted work for you, and I'm sending you a bucket of pixie dust :)

What a good job your packing and organising is all in hand!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

thats actually a good idea. DH goes to the CVS minute clinic and they did prescribe antibiotics for a sore throat due to allergies before our trip of 2010. Sending lots of pixie dust your way!! Gargle with warm salt water too and if you can, drink chicken broth (or just a boullion cube in boiling water) It actually makes you feel better. Good luck!!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Garlic has a natural antibiotic properties.. you just need it intact. I avoid Dr's like the plague.. my kids have gone years between visits..lol. Salt water will help if there is any infection also.

Wait - like swallow it whole or chew it up? I barely got down the little chopped pieces I had this a.m.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
thats actually a good idea. DH goes to the CVS minute clinic and they did prescribe antibiotics for a sore throat due to allergies before our trip of 2010. Sending lots of pixie dust your way!! Gargle with warm salt water too and if you can, drink chicken broth (or just a boullion cube in boiling water) It actually makes you feel better. Good luck!!!!

I might try and hit them after work. I'm hoping. Fingers crossed. I am hopeful I will feel fine by the trip - trying not to stress and just be calm and relax. Not easy. Can't believe this happened. I've been so careful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom