Oga's Cantina at Disney's Hollywood Studios

invader

We tried 9 of the drinks & provisions while at the cantina, I kind of feel the need to write about a few.

- Fuzzy Tauntaun: our group’s favorite. Nice refreshing drink and the foam is a nice twist. The numbing/tingling sensation on lips is very real, a cool experience and a drink I would consider a must order.
- Jet Fuel: Smallest drink in the cantina. As someone who likes bourbon, I thought this was actually really good. Packs a good punch.
- T-16 Skyhopper: least favorite of all drinks tried. While the melon can come across nice, it’s too much. That along with the heavy half&half in 90 degree Florida weather this drink just did not sit well with us.

I’ve read a lot of the other reviews posted here and elsewhere but tried to keep an open mind for when I visited. I do think the cantina could have been bigger but I also like the intimate feel you get when walking into the place. Too big and I think it really could’ve ruined the experience (ever been in a bar that felt empty? Not fun!). Character interaction should be added down the road at some point, it almost feels that something is missing without it. Our bartender was very good at keeping with the story and explaining drinks (Jabba juice’s Worrt eggs coming from the Worrt above the bar, etc). A must do for first time visitors to the land, might go back again when crowds and demand die down for the place.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Another Disney venture that will get a hard pass from me. I'll wait in line to peruse the cantina but I won't buy anything because the price/portion sizing is a joke.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So, no, not trending positive.

Perhaps they are catering to a very select clientele of adults who still like kool-aid.

Modern cocktails which are overly sweet came from the prohibition era as a means to mask the sharp and bitter taste of the raw alcohols produced and not aged at the time for the discerning female population. For those aiming for effect, taste was not a concern.

wserratore1963

Plus, the only visual of a "cantina" we got from Star Wars was a facility bigger and more sprawling than the one in Star Wars Land.

A cantina in Star Wars Land could have, and probably should have, been built with all sorts of little rooms and nooks where booths and tables and banquettes could be set. Plus the mandatory "secret rooms" or "back areas" or "mob boss office" that AP's and fans would love to be seated in. A big horseshoe bar and a bandstand would obviously be a main part of the facility, but side rooms and VIP areas would have added capacity and improved the showmanship and overall customer experience.

I just Googled this, and of course I went down a rabbit hole where apparently people have been sketching out the Star Wars cantina schematics for the last 40 years. But even the small basic Cantina from the movie had more capacity than what they built in the land. :facepalm:

155eb8a0.jpg

More than you'd ever want to know about the cantina at... http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id20.htm
I just feel that they should have added a walk through or a small view walk by to satisfy the curiosity of the crowds. I gave up trying to a preview or general open reservation, but I think the kids would have liked to see inside the place for 10 seconds. Looking forward to to al walk through the land Labor Day weekend.

The_Jobu

I just feel that they should have added a walk through or a small view walk by to satisfy the curiosity of the crowds. I gave up trying to a preview or general open reservation, but I think the kids would have liked to see inside the place for 10 seconds. Looking forward to to al walk through the land Labor Day weekend.

I don't know if it will but it might be worth a try to ask the CM if your kids could just take a look inside. Who knows?

KikoKea

When we heard there was going to be a SW land, DH and I were excited, thinking they'd make a Mos Eisley(?) area with familiar characters and a restaurant, either TS or QS, like the cantina with the cool alien band. There could be rooms off from a central area so all could see & hear the band, and opportunities for character interaction. Oh well....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom