Official Photography Contest 9/9/06 - 9/14/06 Downtown Disney

barnum42

Disneyaug06366-1.jpg

I don't have many pictures from dtd.....
That picture should be disqualified....

For making me hungry! :lol:

minnie2000

Windows comes with a "PAINT" program that allows you to resize a photo. There is no need to download any special programs to do this for you.

For those who may need the help...

Click on START
Click on ALL PROGRAMS
... when the window opens, click on ACCESSORIES
... then click PAINT...that will open the PAINT program.
... go to top left and click on FILE, then OPEN...browse around and find the photo you want to resize and double click on it, your photo should now appear in the paint program.
... go up to the top and click on the IMAGE tab...then click ATTRIBUTES...the size of your photo will appear in a pop up box...

...RESIZE YOUR PHOTO HERE TO ACCOMMODATE THE 700 X 525 PIXELS

...when you are done resizing...click OK and go back up to FILE and save the photo...use "save as" if you don't wish to overwrite the original photo.

This process takes all of two minutes..there is no reason for someone NOT to resize their photos.

Hope this helps someone that may be discouraged from participating.

I don't know if MAC has a similar program.

PS: I didn't read thru this whole thread so if this is redundant, I apologize.

Can anyone translate this for a Mac for me? I would be very grateful - I'm not doing too well with posting pictures!

Uponastar

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Nemo14
Be careful with that cookie Joe - it may well have been previously licked.....:lookaroun
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hahahaha! I almost wrote that! :lol:

Sorry, Nibbs, we try to restrain Betty. . .
but sometimes she jumps the fence. :lookaroun

Nemo14

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Nemo14
Be careful with that cookie Joe - it may well have been previously licked.....:lookaroun
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorry, Nibbs, we try to restrain Betty. . .
but sometimes she jumps the fence. :lookaroun
Look who's talking - Mrs. I'd-do-anything-for-ice-cream!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Can anyone translate this for a Mac for me? I would be very grateful - I'm not doing too well with posting pictures!

The easiest way to do this on a Mac is with iPhoto. Assuming you have all your photos stored there you can just:

1) Select the individual photo you want to prepare for the contest.
2) Choose Export... from the File menu
3) When the export dialog box opens, make sure the 'File Export' tab is selected and you'll see an option to resize the photos. Click the bottom to 'Scale images no larger than:' and then enter the new dimensions of the photo and click the Export button.
4) Then just choose the location you want to export to and you're ready to roll.

Tramp

I just found out that the PAINT program crops your photo rather than simply shrinking it...so it wouldn't be a good program to use for our purposes.

There are some FREE software programs out there that will do the job although I have never tried them since I use Photoshop.

Here's one:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just found out that the PAINT program crops your photo rather than simply shrinking it...so it wouldn't be a good program to use for our purposes.

There are some FREE software programs out there that will do the job although I have never tried them since I use Photoshop.

Here's one:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

:veryconfu Really? Maybe you're doing something wrong ? I've never seen Paint crop instead of resize in stretch & skew.

Of course the BEST way to resize is in Photoshop !
Total control instead of trial and error.

Tramp

:veryconfu Really? Maybe you're doing something wrong ? I've never seen Paint crop instead of resize in stretch & skew.

Of course the BEST way to resize is in Photoshop !
Total control instead of trial and error.

I use Photoshop too but I was trying to suggest an easy way to resize photos for those who may not be interested in finding a new program to do it.

As for Paint, I didn't try the stretch and skew ... I tried the attributes section and when I put in the 'new' pixel size, it cropped the photo rather than shrinking it. So I just tried the stretch and skew and you are right...that works although you have to do trial and error until you get it to the image size you want.

DDuckFan130

I use Photoshop too but I was trying to suggest an easy way to resize photos for those who may not be interested in finding a new program to do it.

As for Paint, I didn't try the stretch and skew ... I tried the attributes section and when I put in the 'new' pixel size, it cropped the photo rather than shrinking it. So I just tried the stretch and skew and you are right...that works although you have to do trial and error until you get it to the image size you want.
You had your steps right, but missed the "stretch and skew" part because the attributes does crop the picture :hammer:

I use stretch and skew myself because it's easier. I start by stretching and skewing at 30% and then just fix it until I get the right size :lol:

minnie2000

The easiest way to do this on a Mac is with iPhoto. Assuming you have all your photos stored there you can just:

1) Select the individual photo you want to prepare for the contest.
2) Choose Export... from the File menu
3) When the export dialog box opens, make sure the 'File Export' tab is selected and you'll see an option to resize the photos. Click the bottom to 'Scale images no larger than:' and then enter the new dimensions of the photo and click the Export button.
4) Then just choose the location you want to export to and you're ready to roll.

thanks - I'll have a go right away :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom