Official Photography Contest 7.8.05 - 7.14.05: Fireworks

pisco

I think we're all playing for second place now. Great shot Dave!

3905DSCF1880.jpg

mrtoad

pisco said:
I think we're all playing for second place now. Great shot Dave!

3905DSCF1880.jpg

We have to be careful with saying that. Last time someone said something like that, Dave blew a circuit board.... :animwink:

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
We have to be careful with saying that. Last time someone said something like that, Dave blew a circuit board.... :animwink:

I'm not worried about that, but I do hope that we have many more entries. I think Dave's shot is wonderful, but I still like seeing everyone's entries. In fact, Pisco's entry is another favorite of mine!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I don't know if I can vote on this one. Most of these are highly original and are just wonderful images. Could blow these up and poster a wall with them!

mrtoad

wannab@dis said:
I'm not worried about that, but I do hope that we have many more entries. I think Dave's shot is wonderful, but I still like seeing everyone's entries. In fact, Pisco's entry is another favorite of mine!

I know, I was just teasing Dave is all. I think there are many nice photos in the contest but his does stand out for sure. Taking shots of fireworks is no easy task. All mine have been handheld as I had no tripod. You get one half way decent one out of a ton of trash...

Robfasto

barnum42 said:
I think any pro-photographer will tell you that is true of most photos.

Agreed, I read someplace that most pro-photographers use less than 1% of the pictures they take. And before digital that was a great waste...

WDWRLD

Fantasy In The Sky from the beach of the Polynesian Resort July 3 2005.

Attachments

• wdwrld.jpg
    wdwrld.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 70

Computer Magic

sillyspook13 said:
But that would require somebody to vote for a photo other than Dave's....... :lol:
maybe if you would post your favorite photo out of the 1000's you have taken, we could increase the competition. :lol:

sillyspook13

Robfasto said:
Agreed, I read someplace that most pro-photographers use less than 1% of the pictures they take. And before digital that was a great waste...
You can prove that by looking at my thousands of ok, blurry, out of focus, and poorly framed shots, compared to a few "postcard quality" shots.

It's always amazed me when people buy a top of the line slr camera, only to use the automatic functions and take pictures as if they were using a cheap point and shoot camera. To me, the beauty and the art of photography is taking my camera with me everywhere I go, taking as many pictures as I can, and see what develops!

pisco

sillyspook13 said:
But that would require somebody to vote for a photo other than Dave's....... :lol:

We can be optimistic can't we? :)

Barnum, that is an awesome shot. It looks like a forest fire and fireworks all at the same time.

barnum42

pisco said:
Barnum, that is an awesome shot. It looks like a forest fire and fireworks all at the same time.
Thanks, I lucked out with the way the smoke swirled around too.

As Silly Spook said, the fun was messing about with the settings to get it.

PhotoDave219

We're not going to discuss how many photos i take vs how much makes print...... :lol:

Brian, i shot the same picture right behind you.

PhotoDave219

Brian Skinner said:
Fantasy In The Sky from the beach of the Polynesian Resort July 3 2005.

This isnt an entry but....... Its teh same moment form the show.... i have the red white and blue shells as well from 2 min later.....

july4small.jpg

PhotoDave219

sillyspook13 said:
It's always amazed me when people buy a top of the line slr camera, only to use the automatic functions and take pictures as if they were using a cheap point and shoot camera. To me, the beauty and the art of photography is taking my camera with me everywhere I go, taking as many pictures as I can, and see what develops!

People seem to think that $$$$ & top of the line make a photo. As these contests seem to prove, anyone can take a great photo with any kinda camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom