Official Photography Contest 7.8.05 - 7.14.05: Fireworks

barnum42

PhotoDave219 said:
People seem to think that $$$$ & top of the line make a photo.
Happens with cars too - just because someone has a top of the range suburban assault vehicle or BMW does not mean they are no longer a lousy driver! :lo:

SewIn2Disney

I've been trying for the last week to somehow get my picture into here and its just frustrating me more. (Now I keep "uploading successfully" to my photo album, only to go to my album and not find it there!)
So, unfortunately, here's a link to my picture:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/72/3734/1024/DSCN23171.jpg

-OR- if that link doesn't work for some of you, here's the main page of the Blogger....its the first picture.

http://thegatesnycfeb20.blogspot.com/

Thank you for taking the time to click on the link, and I apoligize for not being able to embed it in my post.

mrtoad

SewIn2Disney said:
I've been trying for the last week to somehow get my picture into here and its just frustrating me more. (Now I keep "uploading successfully" to my photo album, only to go to my album and not find it there!)

Beautiful shot. I think I fixed it for you.

DSCN23171.jpg

barnum42

SewIn2Disney said:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/72/3734/1024/DSCN23171.jpg

-OR- if that link doesn't work for some of you, here's the main page of the Blogger....its the first picture.

http://thegatesnycfeb20.blogspot.com/

Thank you for taking the time to click on the link, and I apoligize for not being able to embed it in my post.
You should be able to post the photo - I just tested and it worked. I went to the http://thegatesnycfeb20.blogspot.com/ link, clicked on the photo to get it full size and then copied the URL of the photo as displayed in the browser address bar. Click the Insert Icon image (The yellow square with mountains) and it will then appear thus:
DSCN23171.jpg

SewIn2Disney

Hey---It worked for you!
Thanks!

I was told to click "Properties" then copy the URL from there and insert it with the Icon button. Next time I'll try it right from the browsers address bar.

Thanks Barnum for all your help with all my problems in all the photo forums! I'll get this right if it kills me!

mrtoad

SewIn2Disney said:
Hey---It worked for you!
Thanks!

I was told to click "Properties" then copy the URL from there and insert it with the Icon button. Next time I'll try it right from the browsers address bar.

Thanks Barnum for all your help with all my problems in all the photo forums! I'll get this right if it kills me!

All I did was, if you click on your link it gives you that error page which you can click on to get to the photo. I copied that URL and then put it in the image tags which you can get to by clicking on the little yellow icon in the formatting seciton of your message (above where you type)

Mike

barnum42

SewIn2Disney said:
Hey---It worked for you!
Thanks!

I hate to say this - but it's stopped working again. I've not edited my post and I can no longer see it.

Try fotopic.net instead of your current on-line album. You still have a couple of days before the competition ends and I'd hate to see you miss out again, as it's a great shot.

mrtoad

barnum42 said:
I hate to say this - but it's stopped working again. I've not edited my post and I can no longer see it.

Try fotopic.net instead of your current on-line album. You still have a couple of days before the competition ends and I'd hate to see you miss out again, as it's a great shot.

Another one you can also try is smugmug.com. That is what I use and love it. Great customer support if you have any questions as well. If you use this referal code you can save $5.00 on your annual subscription which is $29.95 per year: YOqfPPRaap1Pw

You can just copy and paste the code as it is case sensitive. I just want you to know I get a credit for my account subsription as well if you join. Don't do it for that, I just wanted to be up front as I don't want you to think I am trying to just get my credit. It really is a good service, or I would not use it.

Good luck,
Mike

andromedaslove

Ok Dave, that's it I am officially green eyed!! I have a decent camera (canon rebel SLR) and I have been playing with taking fireworks pictures every time I go to WDW with and without my tripod. I don't just use the automatic settings, and I still can't seem to get one that looks anywhere near as good as yours. Any advice?

xfkirsten

mrtoad said:
Another one you can also try is smugmug.com. That is what I use and love it. Great customer support if you have any questions as well. If you use this referal code you can save $5.00 on your annual subscription which is $29.95 per year: YOqfPPRaap1Pw

You can just copy and paste the code as it is case sensitive. I just want you to know I get a credit for my account subsription as well if you join. Don't do it for that, I just wanted to be up front as I don't want you to think I am trying to just get my credit. It really is a good service, or I would not use it.

Good luck,
Mike

You know, I've actually been wondering about Smugmug, if it was worth it! Since I've got a new dSLR on the way, it'd be nice to have a place to upload full-size images without worrying about space restrictions. Thanks for the heads up! :)

mrtoad

xfkirsten said:
You know, I've actually been wondering about Smugmug, if it was worth it! Since I've got a new dSLR on the way, it'd be nice to have a place to upload full-size images without worrying about space restrictions. Thanks for the heads up! :)

I really like it. You have control over what is seen by others, what they can do with the photo, etc. You can even sell prints if you like and you can order prints of you own. You can order a back-up on DVD, and you have no space limits, just bandwidth. If you ever get to the point where bandwidth becomes an issue, you can upgrade for more bandwidth. I have never come close to having an issue. Also the customer service is awesome. I had some questions when setting up my albums and they were great getting back to me. They are family run which is nice as well. :)

blackerbys17

Also at the Poly for the 4th of July

Hey Bamboo7, Brian Skinner, & PhotoDave, :wave:

I'm new to WDW Magic but I already love it! I was also at the Poly for July the 4th, I was actually there on the 4th, not the 3rd. Great views of the fireworks. I wish I had some great shots to enter but Walgreens messed up when they developed my disposable camera and now I only have a few shots left, none of which are of the fireworks but I do have a couple at the Poly after the show. To make matters worse, my DH forgot to pack the charger for the video camera so double whammy, I couldn't even tape record them. I'm hoping some kind soul who was at Disney for July the 4th would be nice enough to share some of their pics with me so that I can have some sort of record of my trip. I promise I'll return the favor. We plan to go for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October and this time, I'll take some good digital shots which I'll be happy to share with anyone who asks.

By the way, I'm going shopping for a new video camera this weekend. I'm looking for something that is mainly designed for recording video but also has the ability to take still pictures. You all seem to have some camera knowledge so I was hoping you might have some suggestions for me.

I sure hope someone can send me some July the 4th pics.

Thanks everybody!
Monica

PhotoDave219

andromedaslove said:
Ok Dave, that's it I am officially green eyed!! I have a decent camera (canon rebel SLR) and I have been playing with taking fireworks pictures every time I go to WDW with and without my tripod. I don't just use the automatic settings, and I still can't seem to get one that looks anywhere near as good as yours. Any advice?

Tripod. Shutter release. Use Bulb (for a few bursts) ... focus on infinity. ISO 100 (or as low as possible) at f/11 or higher....

Disnut

PhotoDave219 said:
Tripod. Shutter release. Use Bulb (for a few bursts) ... focus on infinity. ISO 100 (or as low as possible) at f/11 or higher....

I just bought a Kodak Easyshare Z740. I am camera novice. what do I need to know on it to do decent pics.

sillyspook13

Disnut said:
I just bought a Kodak Easyshare Z740. I am camera novice. what do I need to know on it to do decent pics.
Learn as much as you can about your camera. Thoroughly read the manual. The more you know about the camera, the faster you will learn to take great pictures.

I would also reccomend buying the National Geographic Field Guide to Photography. It's full of tips for all aspects of photography.

Last tip: take LOTS of pictures! Find a subject you're interested in and snap away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom