OFFICIAL official announcement of YOMD extension

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Apparently the official announcement wasn't official enough, so there's a new official announcement on GMA. I think it's been discussed here earlier, maybe, but here's the details:

On October 1st, Good Morning America will be officially announcing the extension of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.
The show will be broadcasted live in the middle of Times Square on an 'island', which will be a backdrop of Disney's Castaway Cay as one viewer will be awarded the ultimate prize of the exclusive use of Castaway Cay for one entire day.

Good Morning America will run a two-week promotion from October 1 - October 12 in which guests can enter the sweepstakes to win the Disney's Private Island for the Day prize.

FAQs
1. What time will our segment air on Good Morning America 10/1?
The Disney Parks segment featuring the giveaway of Disney’s Private Island for the Day will be broadcast and mentioned several times from 7am
9am ET, with the main announcement taking place in the 8:00 am hour.
2. How do you enter the sweepstakes?
To enter the Good Morning America sweepstakes to win the Disney’s Private Island for the Day, Guests can go online to:
www.goodmorningamerica.com
3. What are the prize details?
All the prize details can be found at
4. What are the contest rules (including entry window, prize awarding and fulfillment)?
Guests can find all the contest rules at
5. What is the Disney Dreams Catalog?
The Disney Dreams Catalog is a first-ever showcase of all the unique, fabulous dreams to be given away to Disney Parks Guests during 2008 as part of the Disney Dreams Giveaway during The Year of A Million Dreams 2008. The Disney Dreams Catalog highlights special dreams such as winning Disney’s Private Island for the Day, spending a night in the brand-new Disneyland Dream Suite inside the Disneyland Park, and winning a chance to attend the Hollywood premiere of Disney’s High School Musical 3 in 2008.
6. Where can I view the Disney Dreams Catalog?
Guests can view the Disney Dreams Catalog online at
www.disneyparks.com/dreamscatalog

phenom1307

boo!! its so awkward giving out the "dreams"....i just never know what to say to them..its wierd, thats why i always picked out the eldery or people that look lively so they would hold a conversation....some id ask stuff and they would say 2 words and no more...

ToTBellHop

boo!! its so awkward giving out the "dreams"....i just never know what to say to them..its wierd, thats why i always picked out the eldery or people that look lively so they would hold a conversation....some id ask stuff and they would say 2 words and no more...
um...huh?

PotteryGal

Apparently the official announcement wasn't official enough, so there's a new official announcement on GMA. I think it's been discussed here earlier, maybe, but here's the details:

On October 1st, Good Morning America will be officially announcing the extension of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.
The show will be broadcasted live in the middle of Times Square on an 'island', which will be a backdrop of Disney's Castaway Cay as one viewer will be awarded the ultimate prize of the exclusive use of Castaway Cay for one entire day.
Good Morning America will run a two-week promotion from October 1 - October 12 in which guests can enter the sweepstakes to win the Disney's Private Island for the Day prize.

FAQs
1. What time will our segment air on Good Morning America 10/1?
The Disney Parks segment featuring the giveaway of Disney’s Private Island for the Day will be broadcast and mentioned several times from 7am 9am ET, with the main announcement taking place in the 8:00 am hour.
2. How do you enter the sweepstakes?
To enter the Good Morning America sweepstakes to win the Disney’s Private Island for the Day, Guests can go online to: www.goodmorningamerica.com
3. What are the prize details?
All the prize details can be found at www.goodmorningamerica.com
4. What are the contest rules (including entry window, prize awarding and fulfillment)?
Guests can find all the contest rules at www.goodmorningamerica.com
The Disney Dreams Catalog is a first-ever showcase of all the unique, fabulous dreams to be given away to Disney Parks Guests during 2008 as part of the Disney Dreams Giveaway during The Year of A Million Dreams 2008. The Disney Dreams Catalog highlights special dreams such as winning Disney’s Private Island for the Day, spending a night in the brand-new Disneyland Dream Suite inside the Disneyland Park, and winning a chance to attend the Hollywood premiere of Disney’s High School Musical 3 in 2008.
Guests can view the Disney Dreams Catalog online at www.disneyparks.com/dreamscatalog

Oh brother - another one? :rolleyes: Even my 10 year old DD thinks they've over-promoted HSM. :lol: But it will be interesting to check out the catalog - thanks for the info!

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Oh brother - another one? :rolleyes: Even my 10 year old DD thinks they've over-promoted HSM. :lol: But it will be interesting to check out the catalog - thanks for the info!
I just noticed something... the above quote says "winning a chance"... is that kind of like entering a contest and winning a lotery ticket? Think they could have worded that one in a more effective way.

ToTBellHop

it's like when you call your radio station, win a CD and are entered to win a trip to Vegas or something. The dumbest thing ever is RadioDisney, actually, where they will have a contest and when someone calls, they say that the kid is "entered 20 times in the drawing to win [X]". I'm waiting for a kid to say to the DJ: "um if you enter every kid in the drawing 20 times, how is that different than entering us all once?" Sigh.......

darthjohnny

Guests can view the Disney Dreams Catalog online at www.disneyparks.com/dreamscatalog

Awesome new prizes!

Hopefully my luck will be better in the the second year of Year of a Million Dreams than the first. :)

Will everything be the same as this last year? Decorations, Parades, Shows? Or is anything new being planned for the second year?

I've heard a rumor that they might replace the current Magic Kingdom Parade with the Dreams Parade from Disneyland and they might finally retire Spectromagic.

But I don't know if these rumors are going to happen during the extension of YoaMD or later.

Figment1986

at least it 100% confirms the dream suite at disneyland park replacing disney gallery... :(

everything will practically be the same, unless WDW gets more YOMD decorations much like the ones at Disneyland... and less where dreams come true stuff.

jrh1985

Awesome new prizes!

Hopefully my luck will be better in the the second year of Year of a Million Dreams than the first. :)

I've heard a rumor that they might replace the current Magic Kingdom Parade with the Dreams Parade from Disneyland and they might finally retire Spectromagic.

But I don't know if these rumors are going to happen during the extension of YoaMD or later.

I read somewhere that the parades won't happen untill 2009

mousermerf

Account Suspended
God forbid they celebrate Epcot's 25th on GMA.

I'm seriously considering calling and canceling everything i have booked and refusing payment through my credit card so Disney doesn't get a dime.

CaptainMichael

I've still yet to see the Dream Squad hand out a prize. I've been here a month...

And Merf, the best way to protest is to spend all your money on EPCOT 25th merchandise and just spend money at EPCOT monday...and voice your displeasure to Guest Services, etc.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
This is also the first time i can recall ever wanting park attendance to plummet - to show those jerks that people are not coming for YOMD.

Sadly, Toy Story will probably give new life to MGM and but YOMD will get all the credit.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
This is also the first time i can recall ever wanting park attendance to plummet - to show those jerks that people are not coming for YOMD.

Sadly, Toy Story will probably give new life to MGM and but YOMD will get all the credit.
I can guaruntee you that YOMD is not as un-popular as the boards make it to be. It's been the most popular celebration in a long time. Keeping in mind, who the hell cares about any of the other celebrations (speaking of the average day guest). 100 years of magic? No one. Happiest Celebration On Earth? Only people visiting DL seemed to care about that. But YOMD has received quite a few positive guest comments.

DOes that mean people are coming for YOMD? Of COURSE not! But is it possible that it's been successful as far as marketing campaigns go? You bet! These campaigns are not meant to be the driver, but rather the spark to get people to look. Then things like Toy Story Mania seal the deal.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
That's a lie.

You work for a pig and you beleive the bull they tell you. Why is Mike leaving if his brainchild was so darn successful?

Looks like I need to start lodging my complaints against YOMDs and urging others to do so - maybe the balance of complaints will actually show the real guest opinion versus the fabricated one from the surveys and shoddy "WDW Research" (otherwise known as Marketing 2.0).

And considering all of your posts - is there anything that you've posted that's not trolling the company line?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Also..

Yoyo, you going to mention Disney new complaint/compliment policy that sees email complaints as less valid then a written US Mail letter? Easy way to eliminated several thousand complaints so you don't have to account for them on any given day. You know, getting the true guest opinion.

According to Disney, their website is beloved in guest feedback and functions wonderfully. We all know that isn't true.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
That's a lie.

You work for a pig and you beleive the bull they tell you. Why is Mike leaving if his brainchild was so darn successful?

Looks like I need to start lodging my complaints against YOMDs and urging others to do so - maybe the balance of complaints will actually show the real guest opinion versus the fabricated one from the surveys and shoddy "WDW Research" (otherwise known as Marketing 2.0).

And considering all of your posts - is there anything that you've posted that's not trolling the company line?
Just a reminder... that "pig" is something you feed hundreds ( or thousands ) of dollars to....

And I STRONGLY recommend making your feelings known.

BTW, did you see anywhere that I've said I LOVE YOMD? Did I sleep-type somewhere and say that? NO. I'm just stating the facts. In truth, I'm impartial either way. it's an ok promotion, but it's just that, a promotion.

And I'm referring to guest comments I receive on my website... I've only 1 negative comment on YOMD this year, and it's been from someone who was VERY upset they didn't receive a prize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom