Official News on HM Update from Disneyworld.com

tirian

The location of the new and exclusive to Orlando (had to write that!) staircase scene (not my diagram mind):

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

"Exclusive to Orlando."

Now we have the best-looking Tomorrowland (attractions notwithstanding), the only CBJ, the best Splash Mt, and an exclusive version of the HM.

raven

I wonder if the WDI's are going to turn or "aim" the doombuggies toward the new scene as you pass it. Right now the ride system leaves the buggies facing foward. If they aren't it makes me wonder if they are using the entire area for the stair feature. Not just to the right of the track but to the left and above the guests as they accend. :veryconfu Guess only time will tell.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24343&d=1186078329

stalkingmickey

And here's what is printed on page 11 of the fall Mickey Monitor: PASSHOLDER PRIORITY ACCESS DAYS!
Imagine presenting your valid Passholder ID at The Haunted Mansion and bypassing the regular queue line! Make sure you're registered at disneyworld.com/passholder so you don't miss our email with select dates and details.

Ok i tried the web page, but it said was not found. Is there another way to get to this page? I assume or a little bit of wishful thinking that this is for when they do soft openings. I will be there from 8/31 to 9/9 and am hoping and praying I might get to see the HM.

raven

Ok i tried the web page, but it said was not found. Is there another way to get to this page? I assume or a little bit of wishful thinking that this is for when they do soft openings. I will be there from 8/31 to 9/9 and am hoping and praying I might get to see the HM.

The area of the website is for passholders only. If you have an AP or AP Exchange ticket you can access this area.

Lee

Adventurer
Another perspective on the new area.
The red is the complete former straircase area which will be definately used. The green is space behind the stairway, backing up to the endless hallway. Right now I believe it is just part of the background for the music room, but it could be co-opted for use in the new scene.

HMstairarea.JPG

Hayabusa_63

This HM will be the best worldwide. We may not have the best PotC, but the classic Mansion will be much better in Florida than in California or Tokyo (the Paris version is too different to count).

No offense, but excluding the staircase scene and the flying bats/gargoyles, WDW is just getting what Disneyland has had for years already. We had the floating Leota head, new bride, lightning in the portrait room, and enhanced digital audio years ago. WDW is merely getting these effects that have already been used at DL. I really doubt that the staircase scene and flying bats would qualify to make the WDW HM the best HM in the world.

CaptainMichael

No offense, but excluding the staircase scene and the flying bats/gargoyles, WDW is just getting what Disneyland has had for years already. We had the floating Leota head, new bride, lightning in the portrait room, and enhanced digital audio years ago. WDW is merely getting these effects that have already been used at DL. I really doubt that the staircase scene and flying bats would qualify to make the WDW HM the best HM in the world.

Well, that's your opinion. We're getting Disneyland's new show scenes (updated!) and new scenes...I think that qualifies ours as being better. I don't know if can compete with Phantom Manor though, PM looks awesome.

Dr Albert Falls

Not to get into an East-vs-West battle, especially over an attraction that is not even complete yet, but Tirian probably has a point.

Other than the exterior building (which for some reason the New Orleans Square version is usually preferred), the only thing DL's Mansion had going for it over WDW was better upkeep, maintenance, and updated effects.

But now, it sounds like WDW will have everything DL has, including its quality, but also much MORE.

* A first-of-its-kind 3D sound system in the stretch rooms and Doombuggies (not just a clean digital soundtrack like DL, but one that actually plays tricks on the ears and brain)

* The enhanced gargoyles and bats (will these be audio effects, or visual, or both? Either way, its a WDW-only "plus")

* Master Gracey's portrait in the foyer (unless it was swapped out during rehab)

* Sinister 11 portraits in the boarding area (possibly)

* Library Scene

*Ghostly Organist scene

*New Staircase

*Enhanced Floating Leota

*Enhanced Bride

* Little Leota's own room (versus the moving sidewalk at DL which breaks the illusion)

It's easy to imagine this refurb will raise the bar on all HM's. But it's probably better to keep expectations reasonable.

Damien666

^ They are referring to the streching room, the gargoyles holds up the lights for the room. As for the bats, well it looks like they will be flying around at some point in the room.

Overall I am quite excited about this refurb, my and my parents have agreed that WDW does have the best HM so it shall be a treat to see it with all the new effects.

OmegaKnight

This is going to be one heck of a new experience when it re-opens on September 13. I can't wait to see my mansion restored and enhanced to amazing proportions.

Disneybub

Ok please forgive me for this but i cant remember where it is or what happens in the current staircase scene, if im completely honest i haven't been on for about 3 years and kept my eyes shut for a large part of the ride, yes i was a baby, lol.
It could just be i cant remember, so could anyone give me some info. x

NASAMan

Point of reference here: The area of so much discussion here for the proposed 'Staircase Room' is already a staircase. At this point, your Doombuggy travels up the stairs to the 'second floor' where, after an encounter with Madame Leota in the Seance Room, you travel the balcony looking over the Ballroom to see the ghost party below. IIRC, the spiders were added after the Mansion opened to add a little more to what was otherwise just a nondescript transition.

The picture offered as a model of what would go here looks much too vast for the actual area's size. But, if you take into account WDI's knack for forced perspective and the use of mirrors, I might buy it. Fingers crossed!

cb3k

I don't think that members are claiming it to be the BEST, but are rather excited to be getting something that will be unique and exclusive to WDW. In many instances it seems as though WDW rides DL's coat tails and brings over clones or "dumbed down" versions of the rides that they have. You are right in pointing out that DL's HM has had some of these for years, but for us to FINALLY get them as well as new, fresh scenes and tech. it is rather exciting and compelling enough for me to believe that it will be the best in the U.S....no offense though...after all, you guys do still get the Nightmare before Christmas overlay.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You probably never noticed the area because before the spiders were added it was just a pitch black void that I thought was spookier than the spiders. I believe there was still a very large area behind the spiders that you can not see into because of the darkness. I believe this is where the stair scene is going. My best guess anyway....

Yep walls have been removed to make space for the new scene. :)

cb3k

Yep walls have been removed to make space for the new scene. :)
Hmmm....very interesting. Now it makes a lot more sense to me. I did not realize that those walls were collapsable/removable and found it tough to picture an entire new "exclusive to WDW" scene being added into that miniscule of a space, even with the mirrors in place.

Hayabusa_63

I don't think that members are claiming it to be the BEST, but are rather excited to be getting something that will be unique and exclusive to WDW. In many instances it seems as though WDW rides DL's coat tails and brings over clones or "dumbed down" versions of the rides that they have. You are right in pointing out that DL's HM has had some of these for years, but for us to FINALLY get them as well as new, fresh scenes and tech. it is rather exciting and compelling enough for me to believe that it will be the best in the U.S....no offense though...after all, you guys do still get the Nightmare before Christmas overlay.
I am not trying to stir up any trouble but I just felt like pointing it out because a couple of members were making these claims but I'm with you in being glad that WDW's HM will finally be getting some deserved attention. IMO you can't really say one HM is better than the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom