Official News on HM Update from Disneyworld.com

tirian

This HM will be the best worldwide. We may not have the best PotC, but the classic Mansion will be much better in Florida than in California or Tokyo (the Paris version is too different to count).

jorgetheviking

This HM will be the best worldwide. We may not have the best PotC, but the classic Mansion will be much better in Florida than in California or Tokyo (the Paris version is too different to count).
Im excited for that! It's rare that WDW gets something better than it's Disneyland counterpart. :) Anyways I can't wait to experience the stretching room for myself!

Tom Morrow

Now you can't say that. Some people liked them. In fact this was a recent thread on here if I remember and it's on other boards. Just because YOU don't like something don't mean EVERYONE hates it. Just keep that in mind for things It'll make your life a lot more pleasurable.
Ok, let me rephrase it. Nobody is going to really miss the spiders.

And the general consensus on this board seems to be that the spiders were lame, and good riddance to them.

EPCOT Explorer

Very interesting...Thanks for the news!

I'm very intreaged about these new audio/visual effects in the strching room...Do they project GH now?I would like that.

KingStefan

Ok, let me rephrase it. Nobody is going to really miss the spiders.

And the general consensus on this board seems to be that the spiders were lame, and good riddance to them.

Everyone is talking about the spiders. I love HM, but I'm not a real super-fan like some of you are, and I don't even remember the spiders! Can somebody tell where the dang spiders were, please? Thanks.

cb3k

Everyone is talking about the spiders. I love HM, but I'm not a real super-fan like some of you are, and I don't even remember the spiders! Can somebody tell where the dang spiders were, please? Thanks.
Exactly....They were hardly memorable. It was a simple Web on a blank black wall with a large spider entangled in it (just before the ballroom scene..errr, I believe). If you can recall what the spiders looked like on JC in the temple then you have your self a vivd picture of HM's spiders..They are not AA, they are not realistic, they seem to be nothing more than a void filler.

MiduraMagic4

Ya the "spider-scene" is not just bad its kidn of comical. I think they shoudl have Cast Members dressed as ghouls or goblins hop in your buggy near the end. That would add some much needed horror to HM. All that being said this is one of my top 3 favorie rides at MK and I already miss it.

Summitplummet14

I am so excited about this, the haunted mansion is my favorite ride, and it was closed this year when I went to wdw, i was upset but i think it will chill me even more now, i am excited about the ghost host flying around! BOO

MiduraMagic4

Maybe I missed it but is there any improvements to the ride that will go with the theme of the movie. I wanna see this floating head thing I think that could be awesome. Im a little confused also about what scene is referred to as "the gallery scene"?

cb3k

Ya the "spider-scene" is not just bad its kidn of comical. I think they shoudl have Cast Members dressed as ghouls or goblins hop in your buggy near the end. That would add some much needed horror to HM. All that being said this is one of my top 3 favorie rides at MK and I already miss it.
What would be comical is if the zombie trying to escape from his casket, finally escapes in the refurb'd HM ...walks his ghoulish self over to the webs and brushes the spiders off with a crusty old broom...He will then proceed to stop on them because they're venemous and dangerous and then go flush them down the toilet (It is rumored that a toilet will be replacing the famous "Red Donald Duck Chair")...Then he will walk back to his casket and go back to rest. I actually read on screamscape that this is the most likely scenario to be added to the new attraction.

Space Mountain

hm_staircase_model_adam_hill.jpg

cb3k

I am confused , what is the red donald duck chair, I havent been on this ride in 2 years, can you please refresh my memory?
There is a red velvet (?) looking chair..A throne style chair, the design on the back of the chair resembles donald ducks face from a straight on angle. It has been denied that this was the intended purpose, but none the less it definitely resembles Donald...I am sure that someone on here can post a picture for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom