offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

sweetale

To be honest, I don't really see anything but a shaky outline of a mountain. If anything, it looks like someone had a wee bit too much caffeine when drawing that:eek: . If anyone were to question me about it, I'd just tell them that I'd be happy to see them for 6-12 therapy sessions to help with the Histrionic PD :D .
~AMY

dazzer68

Original Poster
Drop it dude,get a life
sorry 'dude'
i thought this was a wdw siteforum to discuss topics.i wasn't asking for your opinion of my life but was asking about apiece of merchandise from an attraction that might be causing offence to other people, if your not interested move on, you dont need to leave swipping comments. getting back to other posters here, theres a small emblem on back of the shirt that say 'disney animal kingdom everest' designed to look like a stamp about 2 inches round.very small.
any one know how i can contact disney?
.ps whats proprety control??

dhcalva

I wouldn't worry about it. I show the picture to a friend with a pretty dirty mind and his response was 'It looks like a mountain skyline? Is it a skiing thing?'. I think you're safe to wear it.

doop

I think you'd have to look at it for a while to even get a vague representation of what that person was talking about. To me, it just looks like Everest, I wouldn't worry at all about it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wear it and tell your sister to get her mind out of the gutter ! :lol:

You can probably find something unsavory/risque in just about any piece of abstract art if you look hard enough.

mickster

I wouldn't worry about it. I show the picture to a friend with a pretty dirty mind and his response was 'It looks like a mountain skyline? Is it a skiing thing?'. I think you're safe to wear it.

Just because one person with a dirty mind didn't happen to see the obscene message, doesn't mean thousands of others won't see it. I'm not saying it personally offends me. It doesn't. But I think it's pretty obvious the message and image were intentional.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just because one person with a dirty mind didn't happen to see the obscene message, doesn't mean thousands of others won't see it. I'm not saying it personally offends me. It doesn't. But I think it's pretty obvious the message and image were intentional.
How it becomes "intentional" just because you imagine seeing something eludes me.

mickster

How it becomes "intentional" just because you imagine seeing something eludes me.

How so many people on this thread are saying they don't see it eludes me. :confused::veryconfu

I'm sure if it were a Universal t-shirt, a lot more people on this thread would suddenly see it and agree it was obscene. :rolleyes:

MonoRon

I just bought that shirt for my dad last week. I see nothing wrong with the shirt at all. It looks like a mountain not a girl on her back. I say wear it.

unkadug

I'm sorry, but that's just absurd.

LoriMistress

I could see how your sister might see the stiloette of the mountain as a woman doing something inappropriate, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Scream like a girl? Is that a bad thing?

dazzer68

Original Poster
thanks everyone for your comments.i can see it and obviously most of you can wether disney done it on purpose ,is another thing which im not on here for, (i very much doubt it)i really wanted an address i could perhaps write to disney about, and put i comments to them, anyone know who i could do this.

im happy to keep the tshirt and to wear it as i live in a surfing town where most things on tshirts are acceptable! but i dont want to the one wearing a tshirt that might upset any one or offend.but would just like to pass the comments on to someone at disney.

unkadug

OK...what do you see here?
well_hung_tree.jpg

Do you have a clean mind or a dirty mnd?

This is from Snow Whites Adventure. Should they shut down Fantasyland?

mickster

OK...what do you see here?
well_hung_tree.jpg

Do you have a clean mind or a dirty mnd?

This is from Snow Whites Adventure. Should they shut down Fantasyland?

It must have taken some work to seek out one single, barely noticeable, tree in an attraction where you go past it rather quickly and it's not the main focus. I'd hardly say this is comparable to an image on a t-shirt, where the intent is for people to notice that image and any accompanying message.

But nice try! :rolleyes:

unkadug

It must have taken some work to seek out one single, barely noticeable, tree in an attraction where you go past it rather quickly and it's not the main focus. I'd hardly say this is comparable to an image on a t-shirt, where the intent is for people to notice that image and any accompanying message.

But nice try! :rolleyes:

But you gotta admit it pretty funny, :wave: unfortunately, I can't take credit for this one.

I really think that we're over reacting to this whole thing.

Whether it was suppose to have any subliminal message is all speculative at best, but ultimately it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
thanks everyone for your comments.i can see it and obviously most of you can wether disney done it on purpose ,is another thing which im not on here for, (i very much doubt it)i really wanted an address i could perhaps write to disney about, and put i comments to them, anyone know who i could do this.

im happy to keep the tshirt and to wear it as i live in a surfing town where most things on tshirts are acceptable! but i dont want to the one wearing a tshirt that might upset any one or offend.but would just like to pass the comments on to someone at disney.
E-Mail WDW.Guest.Communications@Disneyworld.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom