Odd Things Overheard

Chevross

Original Poster
I've been to Disney World several times (never Disneyland though) but sometimes standing in line or just walking around can be quiet entertaining. I'd like to see if anybody else overhears "odd" conversations at Disney. I'll go first. We went by boat to MK and it was extra magic hours. We got tired eventually and decided to head back to our room at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (man that was a fun vacation : P) and these guys were standing in line to get on the boat to go to MK. As we were walking past them I heard "And that's why insects don't rule the world cause they are small and stupid and have no thumbs." This came from what looked like a 30 year old lawyer (who really wears a suit to Disney at 1 in the morning?) I do have others but I'll let others share first.

dcibrando

My wife and I were on the bus to Saratoga Springs hearing a family talk to another family about how good the "Fantasmo" show is. :shrug:

Also, on the Kilimanjaro Safari, someone asked if the animals were real! :brick:

We did all we could not to laugh!:ROFLOL:

Chevross

Original Poster
Ok, that's odd. Anyways, "are the animals real?" I like that one.

Here is another overheard at Disney Studio's. " I wanna go on the Hulk Coaster, I wanna go on the Hulk Coaster!"

Disney Speedway: "Bunch of redneck hillbilly's can't make an oval right."

Haunted Mansion: "When is the sudden drop?"

disney4life2008

Last night at the Magic Kingdom while standing in line for Peter Pan, there was a lady in front of me who complained the whole time we were in line about how filthy the grounds was around the turnstiles. She called everyone litterbugs and dirty. Now let me just say, the grounds was SPOTLESS, there was a small piece of paper on the ground - this woman was just crazy.

Chevross

Original Poster
Well it is isn't it. That's really rather neat. I just gotta ask you, been to the Speedway in lights during the time it's been up?

koolaidmoms

It is not really strange but we were in Mickey's Philharmagic and as you know the line goes, "Please move all the way to the end of your row. We have a full house. Please, fill in every available seat." Ad nauseum in every show.

Well, there was a rather large group that stopped and sat half way down the row. The CM was trying to get them to move, people were having to climb over them were telling them to move and the lady in front of us looks at her husband and says in her British accent, "Bloody Americans." I giggled.

So now whenever we run across rude people in WDW we turn to each other with our best accents and say, "Bloody Americans." :ROFLOL:

Ok, beside the usual common nonsense you'd hear (the ones I posted earlier) I remember this one time I was running FP greeter at Jungle, and this is when Pirates was recently evac'd and everyone was given a re-ad to any attraction in MK, guess where they ALL headed? Jungle, of course! Besides the constant whining about how the FP line is longer than the standby, and the fact that nobody believes me that if they waited in standby, they'd get on quicker, enter the angry lady. This lady barges right up to me and demands that I answer her question, and assuming it's about the length of the FP line, and why isn't it moving, I started my usual answer I've pretty much said a hundred times in under 5 minutes. She then says "No, I already know that, I heard you! I just want to know how safe is this thing? I just got off pirates because it broke down, and it made me wonder, how safe am I really on these things?" I went to explain how we always do our dry runs and go through a check list before we open up, and if something isn't right, we won't open until it is, same with Pirates and the other rides. Something obviously happened in the middle of the ride that caused it to stop for your safety, and they safely got you off, nothing dangerous about that. "Well, I'm just not so sure about these rides anymore, how do you really know this ride won't break down?" I then also explain that the jungle is set up differently, we operate our own boats, rather than push a button and send a boat to coast down a track, and if our attraction "broke down" the worst that could happen is a boat overheats and automatically shuts off. If that happens, we send another boat to tow it back to the dock, nothing to really worry about (and I didn't mention that we didn't have seatbelts or life jackets or else she'd flip) "I'm not taking any more chances, I'm leaving!" And then she continues onward inside the FP queue. I was tempted to point the direction of the exit, but I was too busy dealing with "Why's the line so long? How "Fast" is the FP line?" and so on.

Chevross

Original Poster
Overheard at the ToT while the moon was out: No honey you don't want to go on that, look, it takes you up to the moon and there ain't no water up in the sky to breath.

This person had to be a science major.

PaisleyMF

"Honey I swear i didn't know i have to rent a car to go to Disney's Universal and to Epcot Center." This at MK

"Wow Disneyland World is so big, Do we need to by tickets for the rides?"
And this was at strollers at MK

iKat

This one isn't funny but definitely an odd occurrence..

We were in the parking lot, just having got off the tram (I forget from which park). The tram did it's U-turn loop, beeped for the all-clear, and then the guy on the back screams, and almost falls off.
The tram stopped, and the guy stormed off the back to go yell at the driver - chest puffed out, and arms swinging as he walked.
We were by our car at this point (of course at the opposite end of the aisle), but we could still hear him pounding on the plexiglass door.

I know the guy could've been seriously hurt, but I was so nervous for the driver... just a weird way to feel when leaving WDW...

dcibrando

Well it is isn't it. That's really rather neat. I just gotta ask you, been to the Speedway in lights during the time it's been up?

no not this year... been several times in years past. we just got back from Disney dec. 13th-23rd so we had our share of lights and fireworks there :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom