October How busy and some info needed on mnsshp

jeffk410

So, I am trying to plan a long weekend to the world sometime in October or November. I have been almost every other time period, but Oct- Nov. I would really like to enjoy MNSSHP. How is the pricing this year and do people think its worth it? How busy are the parks in Oct?

And for you DVC owners I am trying to book a resort in the next couple of days. Which do you think will still be available?

To answer your DVC question, you may be down to OKW or SSR. While SSR doesn't bother us, it certainly wasn't our first choice, but the World is really booked up over Columbus Day weekend.

I'm also interested to know if the crowds die down right after Columbus Day . . . are there a lot of locals/long weekend travelers?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
October crowds tend to be pretty good save for Epcot on the weekends. The locals seem to come out in droves on the weekends for the food and wine festival making Epcot a bit of a bear to deal with. MNSSHP tickets will be around $58 this year and IMHO it is well worth it.

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

We went last October from the 18th to the 25th and the crowds were low with mostly 10 minute waits in all but EPCOT. As Master Yoda said, they have the Food and Wine Festy so it's a little busier. The weather was still in the low 80's so it was good enough to swim but not terrible when walking around in the parks.

Have fun!!

LFOD

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

October is my favorite time of the year to go. Except for Columbus Day weekend, when it get's very crowded, October is not very crowded at all. We hardly waited for anything except Soarin. The weather is still very warm but not the horrible heat that you get over summer. We go to MNSSHP every time we are there over this time period. I love the theming and how it feels like we have the park to ourselves. I know some people say that the parks feel horribly crowded but I didn't find that to be the case at all and it was sold out last time we were there. We never waited in line for candy or rides and we love seeing the characters dressed up for Halloween. I say go for it!!

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
And for you DVC owners I am trying to book a resort in the next couple of days. Which do you think will still be available?

Just last month I was able to book a savannah-view studio at AKL for a long weekend in November.

The end of my October trip runs into Columbus Day weekend, and now I am dreading it. :eek:

Upvote 0
Oct

Oct is a good time to go. The weather is good most of the month. Crowds are really not the bad. Just stay away from Epcot on weekend during food and wine, unless that why you are going. Then you will have to just deal with the crowds on Sat and Sun at Food and Wine. Now for MNSHP the discount ticket are for mainly weekday party's, but as a DVC owner I believe they have better discount for more days. As for the MNSHP I think it is a must do, did for the first time last year my family had great time. Crowd for it was not bad at all. Make sure you get the most of your money, you can entry at 4pm on the day you have tickets for. People start leaving the MK around 5 to head to other parks or there room.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

MNSSHP is a must do, we really enjoyed it. I wouldn't waste a ticket going into another park on that day. I would just use the party ticket to get into MK at 4. I think early to mid October is better for crowds at MNSSHP, it tends to sell out the closer you get to Halloween. Crowd wise, I don't think we ever saw anything longer then a 20 minute wait, and most were practically walk on.

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

Wow, that's awesome that you can get into the park at 4 pm the day of your ticket for MNSSHP! I didn't know that! I haven't been to it in 10 years since my honeymoon, but this year, since we now live in FL, we have guests coming to visit TWICE in October and you guessed....they all want to go to WDW for a few days and hit MNSSHP! I will definitely make use of that so we don't have to dedicate one of our park days to MK since they will be shorter trips.

Soooo, yay for me to go to WDW twice in Oct, but sad for my pocketbook :(

:p

Upvote 0
October is great just don't go the week of Columbus day. Pretty much that entire week is very crowded. We spoke with several cast members who all said we should have gone the week before or after when it is always really quiet. Other than that, MNSSHP is great as is the weather!

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
October is great just don't go the week of Columbus day. Pretty much that entire week is very crowded. We spoke with several cast members who all said we should have gone the week before or after when it is always really quiet. Other than that, MNSSHP is great as is the weather!

Does that mean the week that starts with Columbus Day?

I truly hope so, I leave WDW the day before Columbus Day; even so, I guess I should be ready for crowds starting on the Friday or Saturday before?

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
hmm. i should prob try to book it tomo then I really do not want to be stuck with OKW or SSR. last time I got AKL savannah view 3 months out. so we shall see.

Upvote 0
Does that mean the week that starts with Columbus Day?

I truly hope so, I leave WDW the day before Columbus Day; even so, I guess I should be ready for crowds starting on the Friday or Saturday before?

Yes, the week that starts with Columbus day. When we went in 2008, We left for Disney on a Friday, the 10th, Columbus day was the 13th, and we came home on the 18th. You should be safe if you avoid that week!

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

Wow, not what I wanted to hear at all :cry:! We arrive the Thursday after Columbus Day and leave that Monday. I was hoping crowds wouldn't be that bad at least on Thursday and Friday. Oh well, I'd still rather be at a busy Disney than at home ;).

Upvote 0
Wow, not what I wanted to hear at all :cry:! We arrive the Thursday after Columbus Day and leave that Monday. I was hoping crowds wouldn't be that bad at least on Thursday and Friday. Oh well, I'd still rather be at a busy Disney than at home ;).

Oh, I don't want to worry you! You have to remember our ideal crowds are January type! Many who go during the summer might not mind it this week. I feel like it did begin to cool off as the week progressed, even the weekend following Columbus day was not quite as bad as say the previous Monday or Tuesday. Just be smart with your planning and use touringplans to help plan your days and you will be fine! Like you said, you are still in Disney!!!:)

Upvote 0

yankspy

We did Oct.18-26 last year and it was great. Weather was nice, crowds were decent. MNSSHP was definitely worth it. I just booked Nov. 6-12 last week and all they had was Saratoga.:cry: We are going to try MVMCP this time.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
I am looking at the weekend from friday oct 15th to monday. Crowds wont seem to be bad, but does anyone know when the MNSSHP tickets will sell out for that weekend?

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Just last month I was able to book a savannah-view studio at AKL for a long weekend in November.

The end of my October trip runs into Columbus Day weekend, and now I am dreading it. :eek:

So does mine and I didn't even realize when I booked.
I planned on trying to hit Universal on the Friday before Columbus Day. Wondering if that is a mistake now...

Upvote 0

yoyoflamingo

we're going Columbus Day weekend (Thurs-Tuesday) because I'm a teacher and wanted the extra day. We chose Oct for food and wine.

When I called for DVC, all that was left was a Studio and 1 Bedroom at OKW or SSR. No studios for Sunday night at all, but of course things could change. I still plan on calling back occasionally.

As for crowds, I was anticipating higher crowds, but I've been in the middle of the summer, so I really am thinking it's not going to be much worse than that. Am I out of my mind in thinking this?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom