October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

MousDad

Isn't it just because the TS restaurants close early on days when there is a hard-ticket event in the evening?

If that is the case, it means a whole bunch of ADRs just opened up on the 3rd, no?

I didn't think they did that. Besides, the OP was told to cancel his 4:00 ressies. Parties start at 7:00.

Eyorefan

Why would they have people cancel their dining ressies if it was just a party date change. That makes no sense. Something else was definitely up. Emphasis on the was.

I completly agree. Sadly, I don't think we will ever know what was going on.

Why put the Friday MNSSHP on Saturday? And why do it the way they did? It makes no sense. :brick:

New2WDW

Original Poster
Okay, here's a hypothetical explanation for what happened. Entertainment Tonight has just reported that Miley Cyrus will be celebrating her Sweet Sixteen at Disneyland. The date? October 5th. Might it be possible that it was originally planned for WDW and changed at the last minute? Here's the link to the article:

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/08/64566/index.html

WOW, just think for $250 we could have stayed in the park a little later! :hammer: This could very easily have been the case, but I am so glad it is not.

kabuki

Is there any additional info about what is going on around this weekend?

First the MNSSHP for Friday October 3rd has been cancelled and now I get a voicemail from Disney that they have to cancel my October 4th Dinner ADR for Tony's at MK. They stated that I could try and change it to lunch or another park/resort restaurant as ALL restaurants at MK will be closed for dinner that night! :eek:

QUESTION/CONCERNS:
1) I made my ADRs 180 days out and I hope to be able to get something decent at this 51 day out mark for our trip.
2) Should my family and I try to avoid the MK these particular days due to some event going on. Will it be crazy crowded with no restaurants open and some special hoopla taking place?

Any info would be most appreciated as this could really impact my fall trip.

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Keith -
For your reservation on the 4th they have added a Not so Scary Halloween party that night so it's now and extra ticketed event. This is what the Tony's is cancelled I would imagine!

TP2000

According to people.com Miley Cyrus will be celebrating her 16th birthday on Sunday October 5th at Disneyland. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20220593,00.html

This seems to be the most likely explanation for this. And since the information that shows up on the websites and in reservation call centers is usually information that is 15 to 30 days behind the final decisions made in executive conference rooms, that would also explain why this was considered for WDW.

If anything, Disney was probably considering doing this in either WDW or Disneyland, and to be on the safe side they blocked out events on both coasts in both parks. Disneyland was chosen a few weeks ago (and it has the experience of hosting multiple major movie premieres and celebrity parties inside the park), and now the dates/events were released back to normal for WDW.

Remind me to avoid Disneyland the first weekend in October.

If it's anything like the last three Pirates of the Caribbean movie premieres that take over the park, the place will be a MEDIA ZOO! :eek:

New2WDW

Original Poster
Well, I guess the Miley rumors wern't so far fetched after all!

What was that comment about GayDays. Was that at Disneyland or WDW? I thought that happened in the summer. :shrug:

Animaniac93-98

At DL Gay Days are in October.

And it looks like the Mystery of the Hoopla is solved. I do feel sorry for those guests who lost their chance to go to MNSSHP just for a party that never happened.

New2WDW

Original Poster
And it looks like the Mystery of the Hoopla is solved. I do feel sorry for those guests who lost their chance to go to MNSSHP just for a party that never happened.

Well they have the option of going that Thursday, Saturday or Sunday! Way too many nights to close the MK for regular guests, but that is another discussion.

Thanks Animaniac93 for the answer to the previous question!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom