October 2009 Role Call!!!

October 2009 Roll Call!!!

Let's get it started in here!!!:sohappy: After several consecutive years of visiting WDW in October, my family skipped last year's visit in October and opted for a June trip. But this year, we simply cannot miss going "home" in October!!! The weather, the lower crowds, MNSSHP, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival....are just a few of the good reasons to visit in October. In the past, I've started a few October Role Calls to see who is going, where they are staying, how many days, if they are going to MNSSHP, and other good info. So I wanted to get us started again. Let's here it everyone!!!:wave:

My Trip: Myself and DW with our two kids (13 and 6), are going with two other families for a total of 12 in our party. (Sidenote: my oldest daughter(18) doesn't get to go due to school, but since she just finished completing the Disney College Program this month, I don't feel too bad. She got to live and work at WDW for 6 months!!!) Anyway, we are staying at All-Star Movies and our trip is from Oct 3-11 for 8 glorious days. We are also going to MNSSHP on Tuesday night the 6th. I can't wait. The adults haven't decided yet if we are dressing up or not. (Two years ago, the dads in this group dressed up as the hitch-hiking ghost and we had a blast!!!)

So to sum it up:
3 families that make up 12 people.
October 3-11 for 8 days.
All-Star Movies.
MNSSHP: October 6th. (I will try to list everyone on the nights they are going.)

So let's hear it. Who else is going to make an October trip this year!!!:sohappy: (BTW: If your trip laps over into Sept or Nov, that counts too!!!)

MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 29: betteratmk, jjbuster2,
Oct 1: kitten2299, EnchantedRose, mickey7879,
Oct 2: Cmdr Crimson, Highland Holly,
Oct 6: Buzz Lightyear, disneyfamilyjd, LowesChevy, tink 2304, CaptJacksFamily, Ilovewishes6, hsb1970, VT GAL, baswan, kaykay1010,
Oct 8: tink68, Kristia, Donfan, djpoore94
Oct 9: fizzle75, TINKERLOR, krankenstein,
Oct 12: sleepybear,
Oct 13: need2go2wdw, adrianuk91, scrappymel, dormouse72, C&B Young,
Oct 15: PrincessK,
Oct 18: zandalee, FBullock, Rogue21,
Oct 20: Pasq20, yankspy, sorceresssamara, adrianuk91,
Oct 22: JillC LI, PJG
Oct 23:
Oct 25: MrDisney16, surfsupdon, faeryhollow, danv3
Oct 27: Ierino80, bracjeff,
Oct 29: RJR7226
Oct 31: jonty666, Shadowdawn, StitchMom84, Mrs. Jobson, Finallyin09, corey154, arctrixie,

scrappymel

we'll be going october 10-18 and staying at pofq. it's our first trip to wdw, and we'll be celebrating my dd's 5th bday (11th), my bday (17th), and dh's bday (18th). attending mnsshp on oct. 13!

melisa

Upvote 0

dormouse72

We're there from 10/10 to 10/17 at Port Orleans Riverside. We're a large mixed group:

Me
BF
DD #1 (14)
DD #2 (11)
DD #3 (7)
My mom
My SIL
SIL's mother
Darling Niece (5 turning 6) - Birthday girl on 10/13!
My friend (T)
T's DH
T's MIL
T's FIL
T's step-son (12)
BF's friend (D) - First trip!

In case you lost count - that's 15 people!!:ROFLOL:

The little ladies have an appointment at BBB on 10/13 after which we are all going to MNSSHP that night.

Upvote 0

aj_steig

September 22-October 2nd we'll be at Pop Century!!! Celebrating our second wedding anniversary and going on our first Disney cruise!!! SOOO excited!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

C&B Young

we'll be going october 10-18 and staying at pofq. it's our first trip to wdw, and we'll be celebrating my dd's 5th bday (11th), my bday (17th), and dh's bday (18th). attending mnsshp on oct. 13!

melisa

LOL, we're going October 12-20, staying at POFQ too, and going to MNSSHP on the 13th also! It's our 3rd trip and we're stayed at POFQ each time, you'l love it there! :wave:

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for a while. But I've finally updated the MNSSHP List on post 1. If there is anyone else who has decided to go to the MNSSHP, let me know and I will put you on the list!

So is everyone getting excited about their October trip? Only 32 more days for us. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

littlered

We will be there October 18-24, celebrating my birthday and our 17th wedding anniversary.

We are also very excited to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for the first time. I have not been able to book them previously, I was so excited when we were able to get that resi!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

arctrixie

My family will be there from October 25th through November 1st. We are going to MNSSHP on October 31st. After several years of visiting in May and at Thanksgiving last year, we are returning for our favorite holiday to celebrate at WDW--Halloween! :D

Upvote 0

FBullock

DW & I will be @ Pop on Oct 16 - 21. Her twin sister & her husband are meeting us and staying Oct 16 - 20. Oct 18 is our party date. We've been to the Party but they haven't. Also, taking them on the Segway tour as well.

Upvote 0

Thiger

Haven't posted in a long time, but I'll be there with my brother Oct 13 for 1 whole week!

Not sure if we'll be doing MNSSHP this year but we'll be hanging at the Atlantic club (haven't been before but hear that its fun)

Any other recommendations for night life now that PI is kaput??? How's Universals' version of PI?

anyone...anyone...bueller....buelller...

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

BoardWalk Concierge Level Oct 23--27!!

Will be running the Tower of Terror 13K on Sat 24.

Will be at the Halloween Party on Sun 25!

Cannot wait for this trip.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Well, as of today, we are officially doing the "teen dance"!!! :sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

As of today, 19 more days until we are home again!!!

Anyone other October travelers getting excited?

Upvote 0
DH and I and our 2 adult sons will be back there for a Halloween trip from Oct. 24 - 31, staying at Pop. DH and I have been fans of WDW since we first visited in 1972, and our boys grew up on Disney. We'll be at the MNSSHP on Oct. 25 and hope to have a better time than we did at the one we attended in Sept. 2007. We called it the "Mickey's Not So Dry Halloween Party". It was one of the worst thunderstorms we've ever been in and it lasted most of the evening. We were DRENCHED. They cancelled the parade and postponed the fireworks over and over. We're looking forward to seeing the Headless Horseman this time since hopefully we're more likely to have a drier party in October. We are excited about being there for the F&W Festival, and are also scheduled for the Wishes Dessert Party, the Spirit of Aloha luau, and the unDiscovered Futureworld tour this trip, which are all new experiences for us. We'll have dinner at LeCellier on Halloween, and this will be the first time eating there for us. 41 days!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
We'll be at the MNSSHP on Oct. 25 and hope to have a better time than we did at the one we attended in Sept. 2007. We called it the "Mickey's Not So Dry Halloween Party". It was one of the worst thunderstorms we've ever been in and it lasted most of the evening. We were DRENCHED. They cancelled the parade and postponed the fireworks over and over. We're looking forward to seeing the Headless Horseman this time since hopefully we're more likely to have a drier party in October.

I'll be doing the "NO RAIN DANCE" for you this time!!! Hopefully you'll have a drier party this time!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom