Politics OC Register - Disneyland and Universal Studios ask Newsom not to finalize theme park reopening plans just yet

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yes, why can't we just take another states (if you don't like Florida, pick a different state like Tennessee) theme park guidelines and change the state name to California and call it a day?

Seriously, the guidelines have worked everywhere else in the country.
because California is a entirely different state so different guidelines are needed.

Anjin

Original Poster
I'm a simple man. I see the words "Fresh Baked Disney" and I steer my ship in the opposite direction.

There's a handful of vloggers/Disney news sites that I do legitimately enjoy and appreciate the coverage from and helping keep me "in the know". But for some reason I can't stand FBD.
While I one hundred percent understand this position, I take that video less as fact than as another smoke signal that the eventual fire is coming into view.

smooch

Obviously, we are a long time off from a Disneyland reopening. We'll all be significantly older when we eventually pass through the gates of Disneyland, masked and oppressed, in very limited numbers to board an egg-shaped car in the haunted house ride where the narrator tells us to not pull down the safety bar and there's very likely many extra layers of dust collected.

So. I'm an old man who isn't getting any younger. But we all need to face the music here. We will all be much older when we eventually enter Disneyland again if it's still in operation. So how can we preserve our looks? What moisturizers and retinol are we recommending? Perhaps Botox?
Well if we're gonna be entering masked and oppressed then we don't have to worry too much about preserving our looks as we can cover 90% of our faces with a sunglasses / mask combo. I'm lucky and have extremely clear skin naturally, I almost never get a pimple, so I can't offer any moisturizers but you could always put on a little makeup for your big return to the park.

fctiger

Dont link vloggers here as a news source. They don't know anything and are speculators looking to make money.

You think "Freshbaked" has an insider in the government? LOL

He made it clear none of it were official, but possibilities. And nothing he said in that video would be a shock since that's basically what every other Disney park is doing worldwide. The rule about having locals only is part of the guidelines in all the Asian parks. It's even more strict in places like Tokyo who only want residents around the Tokyo area to come. The only park that doesn't allow this is WDW, where anyone can come, but that state is clearly less restricted in general.

Whenever DL does reopen I can see all of that being implemented, especially given how strict California still is and why they are so cautious to open the park.

cmwade77

I'm expecting to get an email from Bob Chapek tomorrow announcing the opening of the Disneyland Autonomous Zone. The Annual Pass program will henceforth be called the Annual Protest program.
Honestly, at this rate, I wonder if Anaheim or maybe all of Orange County could secede from California, heck toss in San Diego County while you are at it.

Gottalovepluto

I'm expecting to get an email from Bob Chapek tomorrow announcing the opening of the Disneyland Autonomous Zone. The Annual Pass program will henceforth be called the Annual Protest program.
I’m waiting for the email that says “Disneyland is closed indefinitely but the Magic is alive in Walt Disney World this Holiday Season! Call today and ask about the CA Resident Discount for 2020!”

Tamandua

I’m waiting for the email that says “Disneyland is closed indefinitely but the Magic is alive in Walt Disney World this Holiday Season! Call today and ask about the CA Resident Discount for 2020!”
I actually think this would be a good move for them. They could offer Disneyland AP holders the opportunity to use their passes at Disney world if they book a Disney hotel. I'm sure a lot of people would go for it. And California could see Florida eat their lunch and tax revenue, which would be good pressure to end this nonsense.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.50.11 PM.png

Darkbeer1

>>Nathan Click, a spokesman for the governor's office, told the Sacramento Bee the state planned to release the guidance Friday. A spokeswoman for California's Health and Human Services agency said Friday that no announcement was immediately expected.<<

GimpYancIent

>>Nathan Click, a spokesman for the governor's office, told the Sacramento Bee the state planned to release the guidance Friday. A spokeswoman for California's Health and Human Services agency said Friday that no announcement was immediately expected.<<
The stench from all the dung being shoveled is obscuring the smell from the fires.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom