Obnoxious DVC Employees

bethymouse

By NO means do I support what this CM did nor if any other CM is that pushy but DVC does not cheapen WDW. DVC has been a great option for many families that have utilized it and it makes sense for them. We have been members for nearly 10 years and love it. Again I can't stand pushy sales people but I certainly support DVC. There are a lot of families that DVC makes sense for and it has been a great addition for our family.
If I had only bought into DVC years ago...:(

NewfieFan

I've stayed at every resort at least once over the years (not bragging, just a frame of reference) and I have never been approached about DVC. Same for DtD and in any of the parks.
Same here! I'm sorry it happened to you (the OP) but I would hope that it's a rare occurance! We bought DVC after researching it ourselves. We walked up to a CM in a park and they were very laid back, they didn't seem pushy at all. He told us we could take a tour now or later, whatever was most convienent for us. Even our sales guy encouraged us to go back to the room and discuss it. We told him we wanted to crunch some more numbers and we would get back to him. No calls, no nothing! He waited for us to call him!

bethymouse

Wow- I have never been "approached" either. I hope this isn't a new trend. We asked, and the reps were very nice. We signed up for a tour, and we were almost ready to buy. Sadly, in the end, it was just too much money.:(

ExtinctJenn

I would venture a guess that whether or not you experience this is very much related to where you are and what CMs are working. I'd be willing to bet that there is some sort of recognition or reward for selling a customer into DVC so, like anything, some "salesmen" will push harder than others.

JIMINYCR

My sister and brother in law bought into a DVC years some ago. We looked into it but didn't feel like it was for us so we didn't go any further. We get phone calls several times a year from a DVC rep who reminds us about the great deal DVC can be and can he send us info that could change our minds. I know they don't want to stop trying to make the deal but it does get tiring after a while. I said to my wife, now that I have been called so many times, even if we might consider buying in, It's so tiring to be hounded that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them now.

alissafalco

I've never, not once been approached by a DVC employee. Not at a resort, not in a park, not in DTD. Why are you acting like you can't take 2 steps without them running up to you?

Im not acting like anything. Maybe you didnt read the other people's posts and complaints about how the dvc cm's behave. Im happy for you that you have never been approached. I hope i have the same experience that you did!

alissafalco

I would venture a guess that whether or not you experience this is very much related to where you are and what CMs are working. I'd be willing to bet that there is some sort of recognition or reward for selling a customer into DVC so, like anything, some "salesmen" will push harder than others.

There absolutely is a commission for what they sell. I know this for a fact because they had a job posting in my local area to be a DVC sales person. Of course since it was Disney i read the application and it clearly stated you make a salary plus commission.

jakeman

If it is interfering with your (plural) vacation, I would hope that you would involve the cast member's supervisor. Disney seems to pride itself on its non-pushy approach to the initial sales pitch.

I don't think the managers would take to kindly to a CM who is not only pushing people away from DVC, but is lessening their overall WDW experience.

dreamfinder

I've never been approached beyond them asking "Would you like some info or a sticker?" when I go to check their pin lanyards. And even when we took the tour, and asked questions of a different guide on the phone, neither called us until we reached out to them.

Sharkreef11

Maybe you misunderstood what I was writing. The fact that Cm's approach you wherever you go to try and get you to spend thousands of dollars on a time share is what cheapens the whole WDW experience. They need to leave people alone and if people are interested they will inquire within. Have a small area or office set up and if i want i will go to them. Do not bother me when i already just spent thousands of dollars just to be here!!

I gotcha. I do agree having slimy sales people being pushy does cheapen the brand. I know what you mean. I wish that was something they could re-evaluate and put their focuses elsewhere do drive business. :)

BrittanyRose428

DVC employees have greeted me if I'm standing around their kiosks in the parks, but nothing more than a "How are you doing today?" or anything like that. My grandma asked one of them an unrelated to DVC question once, and they answered her and that was the end of it, so I guess I haven't really been bothered by them. Anyone know if they make commission? If not, they definitely are supposed to meet certain sales goals I would think.

dvcnut39

I have never had a problem with a DVC CM. If anything, I have to chase them down. They have never been pushy with us and we have three contracts with them.

captainkidd

Money is how you motivate sales people - period.

Yes and no. I'm in sales, and while I love to make good money, I also am very motivated by my monthly numbers, percentage wise. I've had months where I get a huge commission check, but my numbers aren't that great. That sucks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes and no. I'm in sales, and while I love to make good money, I also am very motivated by my monthly numbers, percentage wise. I've had months where I get a huge commission check, but my numbers aren't that great. That sucks.

And if the company started to incentivise you to sell product ABC by offering a spiff for that... you'll introduce it more, etc.. even if it means selling less of XYZ, etc. Money is ultimately the greatest tool to influence what sales push. You can train, train, train... but when left to their own, a sales person is looking out for their future. Be it which accounts they chase, which products they lead with, etc, its about what will help them the most. Money is the pushrod all product and management use to influence behaviors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom