NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Seven: A Splash of Placemaking

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
NuOrbis automatically looses if this happens and S W A M P S A N T A doesn't.
Swamp Santa, you say?
1129-lighting-mc-shrimp-boat.jpg

cajun-christmas-2.jpg

Sharon&Susan

They can stay. I don’t think Crockett is controversial like Splash was?
I'm not proposing a removal, just a rename. I wouldn't consider the Disney version that controversial for a Frontier movie. But Davy Crockett the historical figure I could see there being a few problems there for being involved in a battle during the Creek War that became a massacre of Native American civillians.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I'm not proposing a removal, just a rename. I wouldn't consider the Disney version that controversial for a Frontier movie. But Davy Crockett the historical figure I could see there being a few problems there for being involved in a battle during the Creek War that became a massacre of Native American civillians.
Well, I think we can pull a Shanghai Disneyland and drop the "Davy Crockett", thereby renaming it as "Explorer Canoes." I would also suggest that we move the canoes' port near Frontierland instead, but judging from Google Maps, there isn't really room for a new dock (especially with the existing one for the Mark Twain and the Columbia).

AceAstro

Well, I think we can pull a Shanghai Disneyland and drop the Davey Crockett, thereby renaming it as "Explorer Canoes." I would also suggest that we move the canoes' port near Frontierland instead, but judging from Google Maps, there isn't really room for a new dock (especially with the existing one for the Mark Twain and the Columbia).
I like Explorer Canoes. Keeps it simple. And the canoes dock goes much lower than the Mark Twain so moving it anywhere over there would be tricky. We could just retheme that area to be a house on the river and the canoes come out of it

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
...Harbour Galley could easily be rethemed from New England to New Orleans and be expanded to table service by adding a riverboat in the dock and have guests dine there instead (I think @AceAstro suggested this)...
Correcting myself on this one: apparently this area is Fowler's Harbor a.k.a the dry dock for both the Mark Twain and the Columbia. The retheme idea still stands, but the new table service restaurant has to go somewhere else or we nix it entirely.

I like Explorer Canoes. Keeps it simple. And the canoes dock goes much lower than the Mark Twain so moving it anywhere over there would be tricky. We could just retheme that area to be a house on the river and the canoes come out of it
A swamp house could work! We could even build it in the same style as the Hungry Bear so it could match one another.

d38113721b0643f58015a51f8931e719.jpg

GeB7riQ03IEFiR4zec2XohdtsZOIRFb7bwyPIIb4MEL0hn9HOmx_Z-ehYO11Yrjlai1ZOS7PPMtyKzGYY5dXzyetUbEOPRQppOccXdi0uslv-2KzRE7skcApP6cNR7EegHSBDERMFQ

db2bc77355a830cdb2da40a2b2986332.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Pitch for the new Hundred Acre Woods location: half the current site of the Fantasyland Theatre. If we measure the ride building for Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country and compare it to the floor area of the Fantasyland Theatre and its backstage facilities, you can see the former is actually half the size of the latter. Level the current Fantasyland Theatre, build a new fully-enclosed airconditioned one (in my experience, watching Mickey and the Magical Map wasn't fun because of the heat despite it being winter at the time), put the Winnie the Pooh ride in the same area, and boom we're in business.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 2.49.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 2.52.03 AM.png

Last edited:

AceAstro

With nothing from Pix and it due on Friday, I’ll be PM for this round.

I think we have a solid plan with the bayou expansion including the Explorer canoes out of a River house and a watercraft-based dark ride replacing Pooh!

Does anyone have any ideas for presentation? Is there anything anyone particularly wants to do?

Outbound

I think we have a solid plan with the bayou expansion including the Explorer canoes out of a River house and a watercraft-based dark ride replacing Pooh!

Does anyone have any ideas for presentation? Is there anything anyone particularly wants to do?

I'd like to try addressing my greatest weakness, concept art.

For presentation, I'd usually come up with some wacky idea, but going off the past two rounds a forum post may be better. Keep the focus on the project itself.

Sharon&Susan

I'd like to try addressing my greatest weakness, concept art.

For presentation, I'd usually come up with some wacky idea, but going off the past two rounds a forum post may be better. Keep the focus on the project itself.
A forum post would probably be for the best, keep it simple and we can focus on other elements.

If we really want something creative I'm thinking formatting it like a nature or travel guide, I feel like that would fit with what we're doing.

AceAstro

A forum post would probably be for the best, keep it simple and we can focus on other elements.

If we really want something creative I'm thinking formatting it like a nature or travel guide, I feel like that would fit with what we're doing.
I agree with both you and @Outbound that a forum post is probably best.

I’m not sure what you mean by a nature/ travel guide though? We’ve had trip reports where we talk about it as us visiting if that’s what you mean

pix

Yeah I am not entirely invested in this one enough to be PM. I think forum post or well formatted words doc would be best. And i only suggest the words doc because i feel like there is gonna be more art than makes sense for a forum post

Sharon&Susan

I agree with both you and @Outbound that a forum post is probably best.

I’m not sure what you mean by a nature/ travel guide though? We’ve had trip reports where we talk about it as us visiting if that’s what you mean
I meant something like this:
1594180953832.png

or even:

1594181000520.png

Remember looking at a WDW version first time I visited.

But again, I'd keep it nice and simple and just do a forum post or Google Docs this time arround.

AceAstro

Yeah I am not entirely invested in this one enough to be PM. I think forum post or well formatted words doc would be best. And i only suggest the words doc because i feel like there is gonna be more art than makes sense for a forum post
We can definitely go a document route. I think we are limited to 20 pictures in a post (at least that is what it used to be) so if we are getting close to that a separate document would be needed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom