Number 1 thing to do on Arrival?????

Chirs

Hi everyone...

Its just under two weeks until I leave for WDW and I am really excited. I am arriving at Orlando Int Airport at 5:00pm then onto the resort via DME.

I was wondering what everyone does first when the get to their resort (after check in that is) Really keen to find out everyones experiance of what they do on their first night.

Chris :)

DisneyWall-E

I usually cry when we get to the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign. Then when we arrive in the a.m. at Pop Century we hit the room to unpack and refresh ourselves, then its to the loby to check out the giftshop and buy a refilable mug then we hit up the Magic Kingdom till it closes.

Upvote 0

Tink423

We have always headed straight to Chef Mickeys! That way the most important part of the trip is over we have seen The Mouse! This time we are probably going to start with a scavenger hunt of Wilderness Lodge and Sci-Fi at DHS for dinner!

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

We usually just take a walk around our resort and pick one of the places there to eat lunch. When our room is ready we unpack while the disney world tv plays in the background. Finally its off to MK for the magical experience of entering the kingdom. We like to end our first day with a dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe or the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Upvote 0

tmaziarz

WE GO to the water parks

Like most people who get there day one. We get to our hotel around noon.
We pack our swim suit in a carry- on bag and change once we get to the hotel. We dont wait for our room. We do check in and tell them we are heading to a water park. They put our bags in our rooms.

By going to a water park the fun starts, this lets everyone know we are here to have fun and do what we want.

YOU HAVE TO GO TO a WATER P:drevil:ARK, WE HIT THEM BOTH!

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I Get on DME anticipate the Video of the Characters on the Bus ride to the resort. After which I'll check in, go to the food court fill up my refillable mug and Head out to Epcot.

Upvote 0

Mr.Stitch

Well we have gone to the parks & to the water parks upon arrival. When we arrive it seems like we can't wait to get to a park and have some fun, but this time we decided to not wear ourselves out upon arrival.

This time due to booking a slightly later flight (mid-day) and changing our plans sligtly, we decided to stick around the resort & go swimming when we arrive a Port Orleans French Quarter in 11 days!! Since it is our first stay at French Quarter, we also wanted to check out the cool looking pool. Seems like we always never get time to use the pool, so this time we have made time to enjoy the pool. First full day we will go to Magic Kingdom!

Upvote 0

ChrisQ

We arrive early in the morning, so we grab breakfast at McDonald's and walk through Celebration right after dawn. After we go to our hotel, Downtown Disney is usually our first stop once we've settled in, followed by lunch at Pepper Market.

Upvote 0

SAV

When we arrive in the evening, it's really just a matter of getting in the room, taking the kids swimming in the hotel pool and get them into bed early for the only night in a week that they will get to bed early. Then DW and I unpack and get the supplies ready for the next morning.

If we arrive late morning or earlier, then we will let the hotel know we are there. If the room is ready, we put our stuff in and head to the parks. If it isn't ready, we head to the parks and check in later. We will decide which park ahead of time, but there isn't a set park we pick.

Upvote 0

Norm The Skull

The first time we went in 2005 we got to the resort unpacked and headed right for Animal Kingdon. The problem was we had hardly slept because we were so excited. Took a 07:00 AM flight to get there early. So by the time we got to AK we were beat. We decided to go back to the hotel for a quick swim then bed.The next morning we were in a better shap for the parks.So for our next trip.We took a later flight arriving at the resort at around 03:00 PM so we made reservations at Planet Hollywood at DTD. We will then explore the area then back to the resort to go to bedThen a big day at the Magic Kingdom

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Hollywood studios!!

I have to start my disney magic by going to hollywood studios and ride Rock n rollercoaster and TOT and TSM. Then finishing the night with Fantasmic the best disney spectactular show ever:ROFLOL:. Or also starting the morning by opening up the Magic kingdom and being their for the amazing entrance.

Upvote 0

Ivan72

We normally arrive at our resort at or before noon, where we will register and then hit MK and lunch at LTT. However, this year we have lunch ressies at Yak and Yeti's on our first day. Then later in the day we will move to MK for our traditional kick off. As I enter the Town Square from under the train station I will get teary eyed and announce to the family "We are here again. How blessed are we!"

Upvote 0

CBug88

We normally arrive at our resort at or before noon, where we will register and then hit MK and lunch at LTT. However, this year we have lunch ressies at Yak and Yeti's on our first day. Then later in the day we will move to MK for our traditional kick off. As I enter the Town Square from under the train station I will get teary eyed and announce to the family "We are here again. How blessed are we!"

This is very true! Every year you say that! And it is always good to hear it!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We always plan our arrival for around 10am. We explore the resort, maybe swim, grab a simple lunch, then get ready for dinner at Chef Mickey's. We always do Chef Mickey's as a way to kick off the trip. After Chef Mickey's, we ride the monorail to Magic Kingdom to view the parade & fireworks. Spectacular!!

Upvote 0

dazzer68

after spending 2 hours at an airport, 9 hours on a plane then another hour or so picking up luggage, booking in and going to the room, the toilet is the first place i visit! then we always do evening meal at Rainforest Cafe at dtd as by that time we are worn out and its late! so a meal then bed and rise and shine early for a park opening!

Upvote 0

Boray

We usually arrive around 1:30, unpack and head to the Boardwalk. We get an ice cream and walk around, then head to DTD where we do some shopping and eat dinner. We're usually home by 6:30, let the kids swim if they want, then to bed by 8:00 so we can have well-rested children for a full day at whatever park we choose!!!! I'll be there in 64 days!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

patelaine1953

First we stop at WalMart for sunscreen and laundry detergent. Then we head to our hotel to drop off our luggage and get our room assignments and keys. Then it's off to Downtown Disney to purchase our annual passes (we have planned 3 trips for these passes).

It's six weeks and counting!!!!!! Disney World and DCL here we come!!!!!!

Upvote 0

sbkline

On both of our on property stays so far, one of the first things we did was go to the gift shop and buy our first round of souveniers...which each time has included a lanyard, and a starter set of pins.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom