Number 1 thing to do on Arrival?????

Chirs

Hi everyone...

Its just under two weeks until I leave for WDW and I am really excited. I am arriving at Orlando Int Airport at 5:00pm then onto the resort via DME.

I was wondering what everyone does first when the get to their resort (after check in that is) Really keen to find out everyones experiance of what they do on their first night.

Chris :)

We usually arrive in the morning at Disney and then head to the Magic Kingdom...around 4:00 we head back to our resort and hop over to Epcot for the evening to watch Illuminations. The first day's activities for my family has been tradition over the last few years to go to the Magic Kingdom first and then Epcot later on the first night.

Upvote 0

tink68

We usually arrive too late to go to any parks so we usually go and explore the hotel, buy our drink mugs, have dinner, relax or go swimming. If we get there early enough we may go to Downtown Disney.
Have fun on your trip. :wave:

Upvote 0

tractorm3

Well my first thing to de since the first day i consider a burn day meaning not really time to do a whole lot. I take a cab down to the local food market and buy plenty of water and snacks for the room. a heck of alot cheaper then buying all Disney supplies. Then once that is done we go to wich ever park is open late for EMH that night to get the most of the first day

Upvote 0

BrerKev

After check in we usually eat lunch at the hotel, and head over to Downtown Disney. Then its off to Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini golf in the evening.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

It really depends on what time of day we arrive. This year we should arrive at the resort around 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon. Therefore, we'll check in, share a meal and then take a walk around the grounds with our friends who have never been (we are staying at CSR). We then have a 5:00 ADR at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package and will do extra magic hours at the Studios. Usually, we get there around 12:00 when it is just DH and I and we check in, have lunch, unpack and lay by the pool and then head off to City Walk at Universal Studios for our dinner at Emeril's.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

We usually arrive mid-afternoon to evening. We get our mugs, explore the resort, go for a swim, maybe head to DTD or the Boardwalk area, or if there's time, we start with a character dinner at a resort to kick off our Disney vacation, and basically have a relaxing evening to we can wake up early and fresh to start our first day :)

Upvote 0

Tenny0317

well the past couple times i have stayed on property i have gotten there super late like 1am or earlier. So usually it's a very impatient line waiting for check in haha. Then right to the room where I try to fall asleep as quickly as possible for the next day

Upvote 0

coltow

We always explore the resort. We like to find where everything is first. We then grab food and refillable mug. After that it's usually pool time. We plan to do the opposite on next trip. We hope to arrive around 12:30 at resort we plan to head straight for the pool and grab lunch. We assume room won't be ready until later and then we go freshen up before heading to dinner, then it's back to the pool.

We have found that our DS, 4 needs an easy travel day. To get up early, then fly, etc is just alot for him. If we threw a park in too, he'd probably not make it through dinner without a melt down. If we take it easy that first day it makes the next day 100 times better.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We have in the past hit Downtown Disney because we arrived later in the day. This year we will be arriving around 11:00 so we are going to head straight to Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

STLDisneyFan

As a rule I always try to book my flights as early in the morning as possible going to WDW and as late as possible going back home. I don't have a set in stone plan as to a certain park to start with - just head out asap! I don't have hoppers on my next trip so I will have to plan this a bit better as I have lunch and dinner ressies at different parks on different days.

Upvote 0

Figment25

After check in this October, we plan on unpacking at the Beach Club, walking over to Epcot for dinner ressies at San Angel Inn at 7pm, then staying for EMH at epcot. Only two months from tomorrow... yay :sohappy:

Upvote 0

LuisT

When we go to Disney World..

We usually arrive there early. So, we usually check if the room is open. If not, then we head to Downtown Disney. :) But if the hotel is open.. We end up eating lunch and going in the pool :)

-Luis

Upvote 0

lilclerk

We usually get there late afternoon/evening. So we'll get everything settled in the room, then head out to get refillable mugs/dinner in the food court and explore the resort for a bit. Then just relax in the room for the rest of the evening before getting a semi-early start the next day.

Upvote 0

HAV11

For 20 plus trips we go to MK and go to Space Mountain :ROFLOL:no matter how long the wait time is. We have fun in line talking about how glad we are to be back:sohappy: .

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom