Now that indoor masking is back are you cancelling your next trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
If so what were your dates?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.

Last edited:

LadyPink

We have a trip planned for this January.

We won’t go if masks are still part of the park rules. This Aug, my family and I went on a tour to Ireland. They had similar rules. Mask indoors, but you can take them off outside. It was very annoying to mask on and off throughout the day. Also, it was kind of gross to keep touching your face all the time or put the mask in your pocket. Like Disney, it was LONG hours of traveling and sight seeing. So I wore my mask the majority of the day. Which did hurt my face after awhile. While I do belive in mask, I’m not one of those people who forget they have a mask on. Where can I get this super power?

So we’ll wait or maybe go to the Keys.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We have a trip planned for this January.

We won’t go if masks are still part of the park rules. This Aug, my family and I went on a tour to Ireland. They had similar rules. Mask indoors, but you can take them off outside. It was very annoying to mask on and off throughout the day. Also, it was kind of gross to keep touching your face all the time or put the mask in your pocket. Like Disney, it was LONG hours of traveling and sight seeing. So I wore my mask the majority of the day. Which did hurt my face after awhile. While I do belive in mask, I’m not one of those people who forget they have a mask on. Where can I get this super power?

So we’ll wait or maybe go to the Keys.
If your mask is hurting you such that you can't forget you're wearing it, you might want to try a different kind! It's like any other garment: you've got to test out different materials, styles, and sizes to find what works best for you. Personally, my favorites are the curved-style ones from Old Navy, which are light and fold easily for pocketing, and the polyester pleated ones I bought from the Disney Store, which are so silky and lightweight (and the straps are so easy on my ears) that I barely know I have one on. My kids, who have to mask up for school and sports, swear by the disposable surgical masks, which they find to be the most comfortable and effortless for them. They've gotten so used to them that I sometimes have to remind them that they can take them off when they get home!

I'd be surprised if indoor masking wasn't still required at WDW in January, so if you're absolutely sure you won't be able to tolerate it no matter what kind you wear, it's wise that you're formulating a back-up plan.

Upvote 0
We had our last trip during the July week that the indoor mask rule came back (that Friday was our final day in the parks). While my husband and kids would tell you it was awful in masks I would say it was more likely the humidity and heat that affected them more. We did get into an outdoor line that required masks and decided to jump out, it was just too hot. For us it was more bizarre going from no masks on a Thursday to mask rules again on Friday but we dealt with it. However we are holding off on returning until things feel a bit more "normal". To us it just didn't feel as magical of a trip but we were missing Disney badly. We originally planned to return January but I think the mask rules will still be in effect then so possibly late Spring.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

We have a trip planned for mid-October. We’re planning to go, but if things get really bad in the next couple months we’re leaving open the possibility of canceling. And if we get there and the parks don’t seem safe we’ll hang at the pool.
The adults in our group are vaccinated and the kids are experienced mask wearers, but we’ll have 3 small people who can’t mask, so we’ll be extra cautious for them.
Just canceled our trip, but it’s because the kids aren’t vaccinated yet and it’s too hard to pull them from school when they’ll need to quarantine and test when we get back, resulting in more missed school. The kids didn’t know, so they’re not sad but I’m still bummed. Maybe next summer.

Upvote 0

Willhc

We cancelled our Oct 1st trip due to the mask rules. My wife can't wear one and they don't give exceptions.

Have a January trip setup but she may not go if things haven't changed. I'll go as I can deal with it (but they are pointless and annoying) and we have to either use or rent our DVC points. Time will tell, hopefully they will go back to normal by then.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We cancelled our Oct 1st trip due to the mask rules. My wife can't wear one and they don't give exceptions.

Have a January trip setup but she may not go if things haven't changed. I'll go as I can deal with it (but they are pointless and annoying) and we have to either use or rent our DVC points. Time will tell, hopefully they will go back to normal by then.

Sorry to hear your wife cannot wear one. I hope her health improves.
When you understand the reasoning behind the masks you realize that they are not pointless.
I do not care for masks either but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom